more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andre Schurrle Close To Signing

Started by Camel Club, July 24, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Matt10 on July 25, 2018, 01:53:01 PM
I'm excited for him. We have all seen what he is capable of. Think it shows something as well that he'd want to come play for us versus play Champions League (albeit on the bench most likely) football.

Dortmund last year were out of sorts. From change in manager, to change in tactics and starters. Somehow they still qualified for UCL, but it wasn't pretty. I think this is a great move for Schurrle. If anything, it further enforces how solid our system has grown to become "eye-catching" football. Hopefully the deal gets done today!

:plus one:

HobGoblin

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 25, 2018, 05:48:57 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on July 25, 2018, 01:53:01 PM
I'm excited for him. We have all seen what he is capable of. Think it shows something as well that he'd want to come play for us versus play Champions League (albeit on the bench most likely) football.

Dortmund last year were out of sorts. From change in manager, to change in tactics and starters. Somehow they still qualified for UCL, but it wasn't pretty. I think this is a great move for Schurrle. If anything, it further enforces how solid our system has grown to become "eye-catching" football. Hopefully the deal gets done today!

:plus one:

I just have a good feeling over this signing, if it works out will be an excellent acquisition.

filham

It is taking a while, no definite news yet, is there a hitch,

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: filham on July 25, 2018, 06:24:28 PM

Exact same thing was said with Fabri, to which I responded- in the case of Seri and MLM they did their medical and were then announced the following day. Same happened with Fabri, and same should happen with Schurrle.

fulhamben

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 25, 2018, 06:29:26 PM

Exact same thing was said with Fabri, to which I responded- in the case of Seri and MLM they did their medical and were then announced the following day. Same happened with Fabri, and same should happen with Schurrle.
aren't medicals a two day affair anyway?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2018, 06:37:56 PM

Think they're two parts, how those parts are divided up is just down to the discretion of the club. Would think given the reports that Schurrle had flown over last night he could've done both parts today.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 25, 2018, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on July 25, 2018, 05:03:09 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 25, 2018, 04:44:02 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on July 25, 2018, 04:31:59 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 25, 2018, 01:43:30 PM
not that excited about this signing to be honest. he has not done that much at club level over the last couple of years. ok if hes a squad signing or to be used as a late super sub.
I'm afraid I agree with this comment. It's really important how the deal is structured and how much he costs. He is either a game changer (then the fee can be high) or a squad player .. then the costs have to be commensurate. His record over the last couple of years is not inspiring. Before that he had a couple of good games for Chelsea (especially one against us) but overall, he wasn't a player they really wanted to keep. I don't really care about International appearances and performance ... even Sol-Ki- Hun (name? spelling?) played in a world cup semi-final and he was totally pants.

As  I haven't seen much if anything of him these last couple of years, my bet is that he is not that much of an upgrade (if at all) on Kebano .. (who I like incidentally).

Ah yes because there's no difference between one player was playing in the Champions League, and another who couldn't get into a winning Championship team in the past two seasons. The reason Dortmund paid so much for him was because he was awesome at Wolfsburg and he's also played in a winning world cup team, scoring two against Brazil in that rout so I really don't get any of your comment at all. If you haven't seen someone play, how can you essentially call them crap?

First of all, I didn't call him crap, essentially or otherwise. Not being able to keep a place in a Bundesliga team,  even a top six side, (and I don't think the top six apart from Bayern are as good as the top 6 in the premiership)  is not that great an endorsement if effectively you are going to make him one of your highest paid players. That does not make him "crap". Fair comment or not?

Secondly I said that costs have to be commensurate with what he can deliver. Fair comment or not?

Playing in the Champions League is no guarantee of quality. You may disagree, but hey ho.

I agree not everyone is convinced by Kebano, and it looks as if Joka is one of them. But I like him. That's why I added the proviso. I think he adds pace and commitment and generally he is a good finisher.

Sorry that you didn't get any of my comment. I thought it made sense ... otherwise I wouldn't have written it. I suppose it boils down to a concern that we may be paying top dollar for a player who though not crap, is not quite top dollar. And I think Slaphead kind of voiced this opinion, and I echoed it ...

I think suggesting Schurrle was "not that much of an upgrade (if at all) on Kebano" was where your argument came crashing down.
Reasonable point, but it kind of ignores that I am saying that I rate Kebano  highly, unlike some others. I think he can perform in the Premiership, but not everyone agrees. So my evaluation of Schurrle is that if the fee and the wages are as high as I expect them to be, he has to be considerably better, not just a bit better, ie a game changer at premiership level. Whilst we have seen good things from him some years ago, I just haven't seen any that recently.  Argument "crashing down"?  Well, I hope so. I really hope I can say this guy is a match winner, his performances are up there with the best in the Premiership, and my doubts were totally misplaced. Humble pie? I can do that.

General

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 25, 2018, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2018, 06:37:56 PM

Think they're two parts, how those parts are divided up is just down to the discretion of the club. Would think given the reports that Schurrle had flown over last night he could've done both parts today.

A poster said he saw schurrle leave hotel bosco to go to Motspur Park yesterday at around 1.30pm, which would be more in keeping with the timeliness of the initial announcement from dortmund that he had been allowed to speak to an unnamed club and also another twitter poster posting a photo of him waiting in a united lounge in the states a couple of days ago.

Imagine it'll be a late acknowledgement or early to midday tomorrow.

Milo

Two year loan is surely just a signing for 1/3 of the price! Wish we could do this with everyone!

Facts Not Fiction

Have I just read that some one believes our 4th choice winger, is on par, possibly better, than a seasoned CL player. I mean, you always like to overrate your own, but that's taking it to another level.

@jolslover

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 25, 2018, 07:46:30 PM
Have I just read that some one believes our 4th choice winger, is on par, possibly better, than a seasoned CL player. I mean, you always like to overrate your own, but that's taking it to another level.

Agree
STH H3

RaySmith

Just speaking of it as a done deal on Talksport- saying Fulham have done very good business.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 25, 2018, 07:46:30 PM

No you haven't. Whilst I do confess to believing Kebano is a good player, and have indicated that maybe I am in a minority and that others don't share my view, including Joka (in whom I trust) I am just hoping that if we are paying a lot of money, that Schurrle is a substantial upgrade, not just a bit better. No new level, no slagging of a new signing, just hoping we get value, and I joined this thread just to say I think there is a possibility, a possibility that he is not quite the world-beater that some are suggesting he is. I think it is a reasonable view, but sincerely hope it is wrong. If he is as good as Damien Duff, I will be happy.

davew

Quote from: RaySmith on July 25, 2018, 07:49:43 PM
Just speaking of it as a done deal on Talksport- saying Fulham have done very good business.
Hope you are right Ray, now we need to address the real problems.....defence and of course 1 or 2 strikers.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rusty shackleford

He has selfies of himself at motspur on instagram

West Ewells all White

filham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 25, 2018, 08:59:35 PM
[/quote

Surely that is the ultimate, no way can it break down now.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on July 25, 2018, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 25, 2018, 08:59:35 PM
[/quote

Surely that is the ultimate, no way can it break down now.
you would have thought the club releasing a picture of a player holding a shirt would have been that, but alas even that can leave you with egg on your face.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Texas White

New number 14 announced on Twitter