watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andre Schurrle Close To Signing

Started by Camel Club, July 24, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

Sounds like a great coup if we can pull this off :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Deeping_white

Anyone got an idea of the fee? That could take it from a good deal to an amazing deal. He's had injury problems but our fitness coach worked miracles with Freddo and turned him from a crock into a consistent mainstay, so keep him fit and healthy and he'll feed Mitro all day long

The Rock

Quote from: Milo on July 24, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
Used to play for Chelsea.. winger.. comes to us towards latter end of career (ish!)...

He's basically Damien Duff. Even looks like him!

Think he can perfect the cut-inside and shoot tactic before Crystal Palace?

That is exactly what I was thinking! Except he didn't go to Newcastle to get injured before his swan song. I think he can cut back with both feet, exciting stuff...

Tabby

Used to play for Chelsea.. winger.. comes to us towards latter end of career (ish!)...

Had to look up his age, he looked like he was in his late 20's with Chelsea, but he is still only 27.

filham

I can see how Jocanovic would be impressed by a player who performs like Duffy, sounds promising, Duffy was a favourite of mine.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

OMalleyCat

This is very exciting, is this a bigger coup than Seri?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: General on July 24, 2018, 10:15:13 PM
On sky news too. Would definitely be an exciting signing. A lot of potential but with something to prove still. On top of Fabri, Seri and Le Marchand the three plus him would be quite a statement. Think getting the second over the line in fabri who's got clear quality is a good indication of our ambition for players looking to be convinced.

Would still need extra signings in defence in CB, RB, LB and two up front if this went through and another squad player winger would be the icing on the cake.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning it, but that would make the first two players we were discussing.
That should be the two players
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 24, 2018, 10:37:31 PM
This is very exciting, is this a bigger coup than Seri?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No, he hasn't been doing that well with Dortmund since signing.

BedsFFC

The most pleasing thing for me is that I see that transfer rumours are posted on a seperate thread and not on the thread that has been set up for transfer rumours, which should be a funny thread with FFC humour but instead is just taken over by the daily mail grumblers.

I asked a good pal about Schurrle as he is a cfc fan. This is what he said

Shirley's back! We sold him, a mistake in my view, to buy Cuadrado, who was a bust and ended up selling him back to Juve. Schurrle went to Wolfsburg, then Dortmund, but didn't really work out for him. He's good, but has had a couple of iffy years.

He enjoys poetry, pottery, walking Max, his Beagle, and having his arse waxed.

His arse, not Max's.

Milo

Quote from: Tabby on July 24, 2018, 10:32:19 PM

Had to look up his age, he looked like he was in his late 20's with Chelsea, but he is still only 27.

I know he's only 27 - it was only tongue in cheek!

General

He's got 1.94 million followers on Twitter... our club has 420 odd thousand.. 😂

He didn't do amazing gly at dortmund but he didn't play as much and still scored or setup one in 4 games... perhaps just over. Not bad for a super sub.

Reckon under jokanovic, our style of play and more regular game time he'd offer more.

Carborundum

Quote from: SP on July 24, 2018, 10:15:48 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 24, 2018, 10:13:31 PM
Actually he is taller than I thought at six foot. But like Duff likes to cut inside and shoot. Still others will know more about him. 27 years old so should be at his peak.

Seem to recall him scoring a decent effort at the Putney End when he played for the other team.
It was a cracker.  He's a good footballer, knows how to find space. 

We were defensively awful that day.  Eden Hazard rabona'd a cross and the ultimate ignominy, Fernando Torres nearly scored.

Tabby

Quote from: Milo on July 24, 2018, 10:45:00 PM

Yeah, figured that, just surprised that he is that young. Seems he has been around for ages.

Milo

Quote from: Tabby on July 24, 2018, 10:47:07 PM
Quote from: Milo on July 24, 2018, 10:45:00 PM

Yeah, figured that, just surprised that he is that young. Seems he has been around for ages.

Couldn't agree more! Seems a lifetime ago he put that hat trick past us.

Twig

Another Duff would be great. So would another Bjarne Goldbaek.

GJB

Taken from the Sky article: "Sky Sports News have been told that the 27-year-old chose Fulham having been an admirer of the team's passing style during last season's successful Sky Bet Championship campaign." This is the second best thing about this story, with the first being that he's actually coming for a medical. This hopefully means the Slavisa style of play will remain even against tougher opponents. No chance Colin's style would have attracted players of this calibre.

Can't wait for Schurrle at the cottage, with the potential prospect of Sess, Mitro and Schurrle as our front three even more exciting!

Classic94

This would be another real statement of intent. From Ben Pringle to Andre Schürrle in just three years...

Deeping_white

Interesting how in the Sky Sports article it's claimed he's picked us because of the style of football we play. Reason #153735 to not play hoofball like Cardiff, it means you can occasionally pull off a transfer coup because you play attractive football.

Deeping_white

Quote from: GJB on July 24, 2018, 10:59:16 PM
Taken from the Sky article: "Sky Sports News have been told that the 27-year-old chose Fulham having been an admirer of the team's passing style during last season's successful Sky Bet Championship campaign." This is the second best thing about this story, with the first being that he's actually coming for a medical. This hopefully means the Slavisa style of play will remain even against tougher opponents. No chance Colin's style would have attracted players of this calibre.

Can't wait for Schurrle at the cottage, with the potential prospect of Sess, Mitro and Schurrle as our front three even more exciting!

Ahh you beat me to it!