more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andre Schurrle Close To Signing

Started by Camel Club, July 24, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 24, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

He enjoys poetry, pottery, walking Max, his Beagle, and having his arse waxed.
[/i]
All practically de rigeur during the John Terry years at Stamford Bridge.  We won't mind what he does away from football.

HanseatUK

German football paper Kicker just confirmed the story about Schürrle undergoing his medical on Wednesday.

Woolly Mammoth

This is cause for celebration 🍾
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SWSixer

Wow. Now there is one I didn't see coming.

SWSixer

So aside from George Cohen and Bobby Moore, have Fulham had any other World Cup winners on the books?

SWSixer

Quote from: GJB on July 24, 2018, 10:59:16 PM
Can't wait for Schurrle at the cottage, with the potential prospect of Sess, Mitro and Schurrle as our front three even more exciting!

SMS?
Now that's something worth texting about.

Deeping_white

Quote from: SWSixer on July 24, 2018, 11:44:34 PM
So aside from George Cohen and Bobby Moore, have Fulham had any other World Cup winners on the books?

Karl Heinz Riedle

Fulham Tup North

Karl Heinz Riedle?  He won a world cup once :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Barrett487

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 24, 2018, 11:59:24 PM
Karl Heinz Riedle?  He won a world cup once :)
He was an unused substitute, but a winner nonetheless.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: SWSixer on July 24, 2018, 11:47:00 PM
Quote from: GJB on July 24, 2018, 10:59:16 PM
Can't wait for Schurrle at the cottage, with the potential prospect of Sess, Mitro and Schurrle as our front three even more exciting!

SMS?
Now that's something worth texting about.

Maybe it's all a coded message from Tony Khan that our real marquee signing this summer will be Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for 100mill.

Texas White

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 24, 2018, 10:41:07 PM
The most pleasing thing for me is that I see that transfer rumours are posted on a seperate thread and not on the thread that has been set up for transfer rumours, which should be a funny thread with FFC humour but instead is just taken over by the daily mail grumblers.

I asked a good pal about Schurrle as he is a cfc fan. This is what he said

Shirley's back! We sold him, a mistake in my view, to buy Cuadrado, who was a bust and ended up selling him back to Juve. Schurrle went to Wolfsburg, then Dortmund, but didn't really work out for him. He's good, but has had a couple of iffy years.

He enjoys poetry, pottery, walking Max, his Beagle, and having his arse waxed.

His arse, not Max's.

Sounds like our kind of player.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Tabby on July 24, 2018, 10:39:53 PM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 24, 2018, 10:37:31 PM
This is very exciting, is this a bigger coup than Seri?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No, he hasn't been doing that well with Dortmund since signing.

Yeah, agree. A good signing, but need to temper the expectations some. Injuries have been slowing his form the last 2 years at Dortmund.

That being said, excited to see him on the RW. The front 6 is set if they bring in Mitro to me. Get a LB and a CB and this has been a great window.

General

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 25, 2018, 01:23:38 AM

Yeah, agree. A good signing, but need to temper the expectations some. Injuries have been slowing his form the last 2 years at Dortmund.

That being said, excited to see him on the RW. The front 6 is set if they bring in Mitro to me. Get a LB and a CB and this has been a great window.

Not set in my mind. We lack genuine quality in depth. If just one of Schürrle, mitrovic or sessegnon got injured at any one point who'd genuinely be good enough to replace them?.. we're talking about players who'd need to have an ability to cause problems or score against any premier league team.

None of fonte, Ayite, Kebano set the championship alight..

In my mind we secure both Mitro and schurrle and still would need one more good winger and another striker to come in on top of a quality CB and LB and RB.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: General on July 25, 2018, 02:30:59 AM

Not set in my mind. We lack genuine quality in depth. If just one of Schürrle, mitrovic or sessegnon got injured at any one point who'd genuinely be good enough to replace them?.. we're talking about players who'd need to have an ability to cause problems or score against any premier league team.

In my mind we secure both Mitro and schurrle and still would need one more good winger and another striker to come in on top of a quality CB and LB and RB.

To clarify, set with the starters. I think we all would like to see more depth than there currently is.

valdeingruo

our defending was awful then, holy cow
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

RaySmith

I applaud the club's efforts and ambition- we are obviously making determined efforts to bring in quality players before the season starts.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on July 25, 2018, 04:00:26 AM
I applaud the club's efforts and ambition- we are obviously making determined efforts to bring in quality players before the season starts.

Yes, on that I can agree with you, hence why the length of securing deals takes longer. I shall feel a lot better of course once we have solved the left back position, as well as the right centre back.
Not forgetting Mitro of course. 
Nevertheless, just by bringing in quality players has to attract and encourage other quality players to come to Fulham. Obviously we have a few more irons in the fire, which we can only hope can lead to further recruitment.
Therefore, reinforcing our preparations for the coming season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Flupp

I don`t know why everybody is celebrating ??? Did you see Schürle play over the last years ??
The last two season with BVB he was not playing really well ??

I HOPE he will get his form from World Cup 2014 ....

I think the best move from FFC is the loan move so we`re not spending this big money

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

OMalleyCat

Quote from: Flupp on July 25, 2018, 06:15:56 AM
I don`t know why everybody is celebrating ??? Did you see Schürle play over the last years ??
The last two season with BVB he was not playing really well ??

I HOPE he will get his form from World Cup 2014 ....

I think the best move from FFC is the loan move so we`re not spending this big money
I think it will be a loan deal.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: General on July 25, 2018, 02:30:59 AM

What do you honestly expect from a newly promoted team? Depth comes with time, now we need to focus on the 1st XI. Look at Burnley, most of their bench is compromised with the players that got them promoted.