https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Huddersfield 3 - 1 Lyon

Started by FulhamKC, July 25, 2018, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

Hmmm. Wonder what this tells us.

aaronmcguigan

Tells you that you can't compare friendly results .  Also that Ben Hamer played a blinder

mkras99

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing. 

Andy S

The thing is it tells Huddersfield nothing as well

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SWSixer

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 26, 2018, 01:32:35 AM
I'd like to see the Lyon team

30  Mathieu Gorgelin

35  Maxence Caqueret
4  Rafael
6  Marcelo
23  Kenny Tete

25  Christopher Martins Pereira
24  Pape Diop
28  Tanguy Ndombele

11  Memphis Depay
27  Maxwel Cornet
10  Bertrand Traoré

Looks a fairly strong Lyon lineup (but I'm certainly no expert).
9 changes in the 2nd half.

Pretty hard to read into unless you've seen both games in full.

RaySmith

My dad used to tell me that friendlies  didn't mean anything - and that was over fifty years ago.

hovewhite

Friendlies are fitness workouts.

sunburywhite

They had someone called Pape Diop??
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Carborundum

The annual opportunity to use the phrase "notoriously unreliable guide"

Tabby

And Brighton drew against Portsmouth, they're clearly set for mid table League 1 play.

MJG

Huddersfield made a who load of subs at HT, Lyon made a load in a five minute period roughly on the hour mark after which Huddersfield scored scored twice.
Now I don't know either team well enough to say who was stronger at what time, but similar to our game, it was close until a load of changes made, which as we know disrupts a game.
So not a lot to read into either game.
Just the views of a long term fan

ron

Some bloke in a pub told me that friendlies don't mean a thing.....in fact, his mate told him that losing them is good for morale...

No, not a thing. Definitely. I'll be telling them all the same now in my boozer later tonight.....

Nero

Like to see the Huddersfield team, did they put out their youth team in the second half?

Lighthouse

If we won all the pre season games but lost the opening game in the league. Then would we care how good our pre season had been?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
If we won all the pre season games but lost the opening game in the league. Then would we care how good our pre season had been?
we have  had great pre seasons which led to a poor season and poor pre seasons which led to a good season and most were just average in both respects.
The real business starts on the first day of the league season, anyone who reads much into any friendly result needs to get a bit of perspective on the game.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Friendlies are a good work out, a competitive friendly without the pressure of points at stake etc.
Suits both clubs, especially against decent opponents.
An opportunity on the field play for players to shake off the cobwebs and rust. Get their first touch back, and improve their timing as well as match fitness.
Also an opportunity for Managers and Coaches to polish up their game management skills to attempt to outwit your opponents.
All good stuff, yes of course we would like to win the match, and of course play well whilst trying to win it.
Trying out systems of play without ending up losing anything but a friendly match.
Of course I do not like losing, not even the toss. but it's all in a good cause, and cannot be compared.
I would imagine that our lineup v Crystal Palace would be different by some distance from our line up v Lyon. As well as our performance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

friendlies mean very little. I stopped going to them years ago.
managers try stuff and mix and match so you never know.

however I did see the lyon game (ours) and i was not pretty, even for a friendly. I think the inability to pass to each other was most disturbing.

However, does it mean we are destined for a dreadful season, who knows. we had poor results last season and got promoted. If huddersfield beat lyon and we didn't i would not draw a conclusion of any significance.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose returns on July 26, 2018, 09:54:37 AM

however I did see the lyon game (ours) and i was not pretty, even for a friendly.

When I was knee high to a grasshopper, my mate set me up with a blind date, as he wanted to go out with her friend.
The girl he set me up with was not very pretty either, the last time I had seen a face like hers, they were nailing it down in a coffin.
In fact I had to ask her how much she charged for haunting a house.
But after that unfortunate episode it did not effect my confidence or relationship with women.
I still couldn't pull any.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2018, 10:05:29 AM
Quote from: nose returns on July 26, 2018, 09:54:37 AM

however I did see the lyon game (ours) and i was not pretty, even for a friendly.

When I was knee high to a grasshopper, my mate set me up with a blind date, as he wanted to go out with her friend.
The girl he set me up with was not very pretty either, the last time I had seen a face like hers, they were nailing it down in a coffin.
In fact I had to ask her how much she charged for haunting a house.
But after that unfortunate episode it did not effect my confidence or relationship with women.
I still couldn't pull any.

Did the unfortunate lady not go on to have a very successful career in a yogurt factory...looking at the milk...?