watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Allardyve Would Have Won The World Cup

Started by JohnnyUI, July 26, 2018, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyUI

He would've, let's not lie to ourselves...he would've played better football as well....or at least the team would've been able to score from open play...I'm still angry he got set up...FA don't like actual personalities with leadership abilities...just yes men like Gareth Southgate
I made a video about it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTDNYjhVY3U

bobbo

You're gonna be on yer own with that comment .
Long ball football,
Admitting to disclosing how to manipulate transfers.
Still unconvinced he wasn't part of the old brown envelope brigade.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

HV71

The man is neither a credit to football or humanity. For the likes of him to follow Hodgson was a disgrace - only made amends by appointing Southgate

ron

How nice to have a first-post wind up to read as we sit in our deckchairs in this lovely weather.......

Dodger53

aaronmcguigan

wind up merchant 101: wind up your target audience about a common interest.

No one cares about Allardyce, not everyone cares about England. If you're going to wind up, at least put a bit of effort in

Holders

If this isn't meant to be a joke there's something psychologically wrong.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JohnnyUI

@bobbo  do you really think Sam wouldn't have changed his tactics if he got the chance to manage England for some amount of time?
I'm not trying to wind anybody up btw...I like Sam Allardyce and I was delighted when he finally got his chance and it disgusted me beyond belief to see him be set up by sone journalists who only care about their story and not about the England football team...and i was even more disgusted to see Southgate slide into that position like the snake he is...especially because I wanted Pardew to take over....but no instead we're sentenced to four more years of this definition of average

Holders

Quote from: JohnnyUI on July 26, 2018, 10:08:10 AM
@bobbo  do you really think Sam wouldn't have changed his tactics if he got the chance to manage England for some amount of time?
I'm not trying to wind anybody up btw...I like Sam Allardyce and I was delighted when he finally got his chance and it disgusted me beyond belief to see him be set up by sone journalists who only care about their story and not about the England football team...and i was even more disgusted to see Southgate slide into that position like the snake he is...especially because I wanted Pardew to take over....but no instead we're sentenced to four more years of this definition of average

Yeah, I hate mediocrity, I wanted Curbishley myself.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

I have no real opinion about Sam Allardyce, he can be good for some clubs, but set up or not, and I agree, journalists can be snakes in the grass. But his greed got him into trouble, as well as his lack of discretion. He wasn't very bright finding himself in that position, so close to getting the England job.
Yes I agree that the FA want yes men, you only have to ask Brian Clough.
But Southgate, and I have to hold my hand up to him, because I did not think he was the best choice.
However, he has been like a breath of fresh air, and restored belief back into the England team.
He has done a lot of hard work behind the scenes with individual players staff and the relationship with clubs.
Got rid of that old chestnut of clicks of players from different clubs.
A very young England team blessed with the enthusiasm of youth, you cannot knock him yet.
Which is more that I can say for the inept and vilified Capello who was on an inflated contract that was an insult to past and present managers. But that's the FA for you.
Same with the Pharmacist lookalike and charmer Sven Goran Erickson.
A man responsible for wasting the golden generation with his limited skills as a football manager, who cannot work without a cheque book as a crutch.
After every match he would say, " first half good, second half not so good", and the press let him get away with it. Can you imagine an English manager be allowed to get away with it.
Southgate will come out of the World Cup a better manager than when he went in.
As for Allardyce, I would imagine there is not a day goes by that he does not kick himself for throwing away his dream job. He is still serving his punishment.
I am sure there are other managers who have done similar and got away with it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JohnnyUI

Quote from: Holders on July 26, 2018, 10:24:09 AM
Quote from: JohnnyUI on July 26, 2018, 10:08:10 AM

Yeah, I hate mediocrity, I wanted Curbishley myself.

Say whatever you want but just ask yourself one question; Would Allardyce or Pardew have done a worse job at the WC? Because it was incredibly hard not to get out of the group and we barely even managed that with a late winner against Tunisia...then we beat Colombia(without Rodriguez) on penalties and we didn't even deserve that...then we beat Sweden(a team without stars and creativity) and then we got deservedly beaten by Croatia whose players played 120 minutes twice before facing us(and had to go all the way to penalties against Denmark and Russia)....and then we got well beat by Belgium again(I dread to think what they would've done to us had they actually played us in a game of any kind of importance)....Allardyce would've got to the final, that' s a fact

terryr

Why are you on our forum?
Have you posted this on every forum you can weasel onto?
Are you that starved for attention?
Take up a hobby.......

aaronmcguigan

JohnnyUI- congratulations on being one of the few to have 100% of your posts to have nothing to do with Fulham. Have you brought this issue up on England forums? FriendsofAllardyce.fom maybe?

JohnnyUI

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2018, 10:37:29 AM
I have no real opinion about Sam Allardyce, he can be good for some clubs, but set up or not, and I agree, journalists can be snakes in the grass. But his greed got him into trouble, as well as his lack of discretion. He wasn't very bright finding himself in that position, so close to getting the England job.
But Southgate, and I have to hold my hand up to him, because I did not think he was the best choice.
However, he has been like a breath of fresh air, and restored belief back into the England team.
He has done a lot of hard work behind the scenes with individual players staff and the relationship with clubs.
A very young England team blessed with the enthusiasm of youth, you cannot knock him yet.
Which is more that I can say for the inept and vilified Capello who was on an inflated contract that was an insult to past and present managers. But that's the FA for you.
A man responsible for wasting the golden generation with his limited skills as a football manager, who cannot work without a cheque book as a crutch.
After every match he would say, " first half good, second half not so good", and the press let him get away with it. Can you imagine an English manager be allowed to get away with it.
As for Allardyce, I would imagine there is not a day goes by that he does not kick himself for throwing away his dream job. He is still serving his punishment.
Allardyce was drinking that night(pints of wine no less) which I think was in the journalists' plan and it's natural that he wasn't very careful with what he was saying....
And no disrespect to you but this kind of glorification of Southgate's (below)average achievment frustrates me beyond words...because this restored belief thing you talk about...in what game did you see it? Because I sure didn't see it...I saw us beat the teams we were expected to beat(some of them barely) and play pretty poorly without any kind of plan or tactics when things got tough...and I agree Erikson and Capello weren't good as England managers but look at who they lost to in major tournaments; Brazil, Portugal twice and Germany.....this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to be in the World Cup final and we blew it

hopper

It's a WUM - save yourselves the energy from getting drawn into it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JohnnyUI on July 26, 2018, 11:00:35 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2018, 10:37:29 AM
Allardyce was drinking that night(pints of wine no less) which I think was in the journalists' plan and it's natural that he wasn't very careful with what he was saying....
And no disrespect to you but this kind of glorification of Southgate's (below)average achievment frustrates me beyond words...because this restored belief thing you talk about...in what game did you see it? Because I sure didn't see it...I saw us beat the teams we were expected to beat(some of them barely) and play pretty poorly without any kind of plan or tactics when things got tough...and I agree Erikson and Capello weren't good as England managers but look at who they lost to in major tournaments; Brazil, Portugal twice and Germany.....this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to be in the World Cup final and we blew it

I agree that we may not get a better opportunity for a very long time, and I agree Southgate made errors of judgement at certain times, but what Manager doesn't.
Time will tell how England go forward with this, but we are in a much better place at this time than a stack of other footballing countries.
There is the European Championship to look forward to, so let's see how England progress from hereon in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JohnnyUI

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 26, 2018, 10:49:46 AM
JohnnyUI- congratulations on being one of the few to have 100% of your posts to have nothing to do with Fulham. Have you brought this issue up on England forums? FriendsofAllardyce.fom maybe?
Mitrovic is my favorite player. I first came on this forum when he came to Fulham. I read discussions about the games I couldn't see and his performance. It soon became one of my favorite forums. There's your answer.There's no need for cyincism

Jimpav

the nutflush