watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hats off to Ali Mack & Fulham's bold statement of intention

Started by Nick Bateman, July 31, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One must congratulate our CEO Alistair Mackintosh for providing the coup of the signature of Alexsander Mitrovic from Newcastle's clutches.  It was speculated that Rafa Benitez simply did not like the powerful forward, as he is far better than anything in the Geordies squad - Benitez has sabotaged his own teams before removing Michael Owen and Peter Crouch when both were at their peaks.  Mitrovic is a £50million striker and shall prove so - the only way to stop him is two defenders holding him down and a compliant corrupt referee to look the other way.

Ali Mack or "Tosh" much be congratulated, personally by myself, having had a bitter words over the years for his failings when Magath and Jol ruined the club.  Tosh learned from his mistakes, not to 'penny pinch' to show the new owner a pulchritudinous set of books while the team languished.  On this occasion he paid over the odds to sign Mitrovic, £22million the reported cost, far above the £20m quoted originally.  This demonstrated Tosh was not going to allow his frugal fiscal policies which have dogged his past dealings to prevent Fulham from having such a crucial player back in our ranks.

Furthermore, it is a statemant of intent: Fulham are not going to be battling relegation next season and suffer the unlawful FFP of the Championship designed to bankrupt clubs such as QPR with their out-of-date and anti-competitive draconian regulations.  Frankly, QPR, Leicester, Burnley, Leeds, Forest, et al, should take the Football League to court and furthermore SUE THEM TO OBLIVION - one cannot forsee such authoratitive axioms to prevail in the climate of freedom in the workplace.  Fulham can never return to that doctrine - it will be the end as we know it!

One may have been concerned with the acquisition of Wembley for £600million that Fulham may be starved of funds, or Khan lose interest in the club and Craven Cottage.  This investment proves otherwise and the latest is another big spend of £20m on Alfie Mawson, a promising English central defender. 

With the loss of Ryan Fredericks from under our noses and a few nondescript bargain basement signings and loanees, one was concerned about the direction of the club.  Gladly such misgivings were amiss and one can only see a bright future and fruitful campaign this coming season.

Well done all in the board, onwards and upwards!   049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Roberty

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 31, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Mr Bateman - your a gentleman - I will toast you at the Palace game and a lot more after we've won
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Roberty on July 31, 2018, 04:26:10 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 31, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Mr Bateman - your a gentleman - I will toast you at the Palace game and a lot more after we've won

I shall look forward to that and many more from fellow fans alike. 

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Excellent post and you're probably right. 
Ali Mac showed the Khans the figures and said (for example) "100,000M in TV rights for the first year, spend it and guarantee another 100,00M next season and thereafter. Plus the TV will pay for the new Riverside  and hot dog upgrades.
Fulham become a 'household name' around the globe which leads to all sorts of potential.

My only concern is that if this suceeds (which I think it will)  will 30,000 ground be enough

Then bring us back to Jackonsville, only for a visit (or elsewhere) and increase the branding and sponsorshi ppotentials
coupled with the Jaguars and the complete 'franchise' could be phenominal.

Shahid  Khans master plan, in a nutshell
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 31, 2018, 10:43:25 PM
Ali Mac showed the Khans the figures and said (for example) "100,000M in TV rights for the first year, spend it and guarantee another 100,00M next season and thereafter. Plus the TV will pay for the new Riverside  and hot dog upgrades.
Fulham become a 'household name' around the globe which leads to all sorts of potential.

My only concern is that if this suceeds (which I think it will)  will 30,000 ground be enough

Then bring us back to Jackonsville, only for a visit (or elsewhere) and increase the branding and sponsorshi ppotentials

I think we'd have to be in the Champions' League regularly for talk of a bigger capacity to be seriously considered. We've not yet build the Riverside extension yet.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 31, 2018, 11:04:15 PM

I think we'd have to be in the Champions' League regularly for talk of a bigger capacity to be seriously considered. We've not yet build the Riverside extension yet.

I love your 'stage name' by the way, he was one of my all-time favorite players, sadly he broke his leg and never 'recovered'

I agree, but Mr Khan is certainly showing his ambition.
Another 'hero' Mr A lFayed who initially got us on the road (from the weeds at the Putney End) never showed this commitment
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Fernhurst

I remember Paul turning up for first team fixtures at Craven Cottage on his "Chopper" bike.

Changed days........
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Old Count

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 01, 2018, 06:07:32 AM
I remember Paul turning up for first team fixtures at Craven Cottage on his "Chopper" bike.

Changed days........

I'd always wondered where the chant of 'Paul Brooker's got a big chopper' came from. I wrongly assumed it was an anatomical comment.

nose returns

The whole issue with MAF and his funding surrounded the ground capacity. he wanted a bigger stadium and was willing to chuick money at it BUT the fans did not want it so he reigned in the funds. he ensured survival but without a bigger stadium he knew we had an achilles heel.
I am not sure how the current owner sees things long term but if we are successful then Craven Cottage may become an issue. The other thing is that TV money is so much greater now, as I understand it, somaybe 30 to 35 K people will be enough (I suspect we will continue to redevlop a bit more to try and maximise the seating.)

Beamer

Isn't it lovely to be worrying about how good we could become and if our ground will be big enough, such a massive turn around in a fairly short space of time. Now all we need to do is to get the results required to make it all come true.

Camel Club

Quote from: Beamer on August 01, 2018, 12:35:53 PM
Isn't it lovely to be worrying about how good we could become and if our ground will be big enough, such a massive turn around in a fairly short space of time. Now all we need to do is to get the results required to make it all come true.

Totally agree with this sentiment. I had begun to doubt whether Fulham would again be a Premier League club and I regularly think of what the consequences would have been had that wonderful day at Wembley ended differently. I started supporting Fulham in the early 70s and I didn't think it was possible for anything to surpass MAF's purchase of the club and the subsequent journey to the Premier League, staying there for 13 years, finishing 7th, qualifying for Europe and reaching a major European final.

Events since the 26th May 2018 have really made me question that and I'm not sure I have ever been so optimistic about the future of our club. Excited yes but not like this. I really think winning a really big game at Wembley has changed the mindset.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 31, 2018, 10:30:24 PM
Nicky, me lad, no credit given to the Khans'?

One could have added another chapter in praise of Khan and his investment, but my missive was long enough. 

But as has been mentioned, Mohamed Al Fayed deserves some credit for waiting to find a proper owner to take over his reigns and chose wisely in Khan, only the latter's lack of knowledge allowing others to lead the club astray.  Thankfully he now has his finger on the pulse and, yes the math does stack up in keeping Fulham well away from the dreaded and unlawful FFP making a misery of the lower divisions.

filham

Yes, we are making some good signings although we have yet to replace Fredericks, Targett and Kalas from last season.

Any one think we may be being ripped off by the prices we are paying. Take for instance Targett, 10 million not enough, we saw a lot of him in the Championship last season and he was good but not worth that amount surely.

At the rates we are paying what is Fredericks worth who West Ham took away on a free.

YankeeJim

Well put Nick.

Filham, I think Fred will be a flop at West Hamm and I also question if Kalas is good enough. Targett isn't proven at the top level but I think he would do well. The latter needs to come back or a suitable replacement found. We replaced Fred last Jan and Mawson will help us forget Kalas.

Course I thought we'd secure auto promotion last season so take it for what it is worth.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.