Main Menu

Mawson Signs

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 02, 2018, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Yes he is right footed he played slightly out of position at Swansea

ffc73

Chelsea & Terry fan = 26

Another really exciting signing & quality footballer to play out from the back & can defend. What more do you want from a no5 or 26 or whatever number a CB wears nowadays

SG

Quote from: FFC73 on August 02, 2018, 07:12:28 PM
Chelsea & Terry fan = 26
Given that information he had better be good

bencher

Quote from: FFC73 on August 02, 2018, 07:12:28 PM
Chelsea & Terry fan = 26

Another really exciting signing & quality footballer to play out from the back & can defend. What more do you want from a no5 or 26 or whatever number a CB wears nowadays

Interesting observation. I'm no fan of Terry, but I have admired his qualities, and I noticed from the minimal footage of Mawson on Youtube that he seems to be an excellent defender of the near post, very much a John Terry attribute. He also looks very comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Very exciting times.

Riverside

After the long wait
Good news

However the big question is - is he fit ?
Could be play vs Palace ?

If not with Odoi suspended we still have a problem ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Us fans have been crying out for a real centre half for a few years now, probably since Hangeland left, looks as if we may well have found our man

gurru991

In my opinion a very very good signing.

JoelH5

Id like to know why it took so long? Great signing but I'm worried he'll be another Mitrog.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

They lost the key to the Meths Cabinet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hatch007

Quote from: Riverside on August 02, 2018, 07:45:57 PM
After the long wait
Good news

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/alfie-undergoes-surgery

JoelH5

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 02, 2018, 09:24:37 PM
After the long wait
Good news

Hmm. This is what really worries me. A lot of player are never the same after things like that
I was there, standing in the Putney end

LRCN

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 02, 2018, 10:19:10 PM
After the long wait
Good news

Hmm. This is what really worries me. A lot of player are never the same after things like that

If the surgery was significant he would have been out for 6+ months rather than 2. hes back in training and iwll probably not play for us until end of august, but his knee will be fine long term.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: LRCN on August 02, 2018, 10:57:59 PM
After the long wait
Good news

If the surgery was significant he would have been out for 6+ months rather than 2. hes back in training and iwll probably not play for us until end of august, but his knee will be fine long term.

Now where have I heard that before,his knee will be fine.😵

PaulUMD

Quote from: LRCN on August 02, 2018, 10:57:59 PM
After the long wait
Good news

It depends what the injury was.  There aren't a lot of details about what they went in to repair, but with a 6-8 week recovery time it's likely not a significant injury, though anything knee related is something to keep an eye on.

General

After the long wait
Good news

Perhaps why he was reportedly  £5m cheaper and as other fans say a 'bargain'... a slight concern though as he has an injury record now, Schurrle's kinda had one for last two seasons (although looks fit as things stand), and Mitro is still lately untried in the league... whilst it's nice to get caught up in the hype and idea that we're spending as much as we are, there is still a hopefully minute chance it could all backfire horrendously.

Fingers crossed that's not the case though.

mrmicawbers

Hate to compare Alfie.But have a feeling he will be our John Terry.There I have said it.Top signing in my humble opinion.

FulhamStu

I had knee surgery and walked out of the hospital same day and was 100% ok and much better than before within a week.  It all depends on what the surgery was for.  My guess a small tear with is very simple to fix.

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 03, 2018, 07:37:41 AM
I had knee surgery and walked out of the hospital same day and was 100% ok and much better than before within a week.  It all depends on what the surgery was for.  My guess a small tear with is very simple to fix.
I take it you are not stressing your knees as one might expect a top athlete to do which is where there may be some differences in healing time and success.

Count Flapula

Absolutely over the moon about this signing.

Have watched him over the last couple of years and he is a quality CB with the right attitude - a natural leader and someone who works extremely hard on his game to improve all aspects. Absolutely made of the right stuff!

He is one of the key players I thought we should  go for and stated as such pretty much as soon as our promotion was confirmed. There were a few who said it would be stupid targeting him / he's out of our price range / waste of time... Well I hope they are as pleasantly surprised as I am!

Really happy with the profile of player we have been going for - hats off to the Khans and recruitment team for pulling together and delivering on Shad's words post Playoffs. It's heartening to have full faith in the owner, mgmt team, coaching staff and players... Just need a few more additions (LB, maybe DM, cover at CB and possibly striker) then we will be good to go.

It may take a while for this to fully gel so anywhere above relegation would be OK first season - the pleasing thing for me is this is a team that (age wise) could improve, grow together and should place even higher next season (if we survive, which I am genuinely confident we will). COYWs.