watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts from today

Started by Ordar, August 04, 2018, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Also when a team has a defence that is currently sixes and sevens like Fulham is it appears. It tends to bring out the worst in most players in that unit. Plus the more we concede the more pressure is put on the rest of the team to score more.
In Fabris case, and whoever is in goal, the jitters tend to spread in and around his penalty area and beyond. So there is hesitancy all round, including the keeper.
What Appears to compound the situation, and nobody can be free of criticism.
Is that there is no Leader to marshal the defence.
Also very little communication between players, and I include Fabri in this one.
He does not command his penalty area like he should.
A Goalkeepers penalty area is his front garden and no opponent should enter, that's what he should be telling himself and his defence.
He should be catching the ball at it's highest point when being crossed into the danger area.
But let's be fair, he is new to the team, like others, but there is no excuse for defenders failing to talk to each other.
So the defence, and players in defensive areas need to go back to basics.
In training at Arsenal George Graham use to have them tied to each other by a length of rope.
I am not suggesting Jok does that, as our players would probably end up with the rope round their necks, but you get my drift. Where are the Leaders at the back, not enough chat, it resembles a morgue, far too quiet.
How often do you see the Fulham defenders look across the pitch from left to right and vice versa.
Having said all that, another Centre Back, a Left Back, and a Defensive Midfielder would be very welcome like yesterday, and all 6ft plus if possible.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 05, 2018, 11:35:57 AM
Also when a team has a defence that is currently sixes and sevens like Fulham is it appears. It tends to bring out the worst in most players in that unit. Plus the more we concede the more pressure is put on the rest of the team to score more.
In Fabris case, and whoever is in goal, the jitters tend to spread in and around his penalty area and beyond. So there is hesitancy all round, including the keeper.
Also very little communication between players, and I include Fabri in this one.
A Goalkeepers penalty area is his front garden and no opponent should enter, that's what he should be telling himself and his defence.
He should be catching the ball at it's highest point when being crossed into the danger area.
But let's be fair, he is new to the team, like others, but there is no excuse for defenders failing to talk to each other.
In training at Arsenal George Graham use to have them tied to each other by a length of rope.
I am not suggesting Jok does that, as our players would probably end up with the rope round their necks, but you get my drift. Where are the Leaders at the back, not enough chat, it resembles a morgue, far too quiet.
How often do you see the Fulham defenders look across the pitch from left to right and vice versa.
Having said all that, another Centre Back, a Left Back, and a Defensive Midfielder would be very welcome like yesterday, and all 6ft plus if possible.

Not sure why height matters for a LB or DM when some of the best DMs in the world, Veratti, Fernandinho, Kante, Vidal, Matuidi are all below 6ft tall
For LB's see Marcelo, Jordi Alba, Alaba.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Kamara surprised me,could when he just learns not to rush things so much turn out to be one of our shrewdest signings.😊

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2018, 11:57:55 AM
Kamara surprised me,could when he just learns not to rush things so much turn out to be one of our shrewdest signings.😊

Yes I agree, just a little more composure, but he is coming to the boil nicely.

Never forget your Roots.

bornafulhamfan

I still think we should try to sign Ljubomir Fejsa(he's 185,so a bit taller than 6ft). Yesterday I talked with my Serbian mate and he told me that when Jokanovic was coach at Partizan Belgrade he brought Fejsa for club record fee and that he was his favorite player. He is also Benficas key player in the last few years, which was also confirmed to me by my other mate who is a huge Benfica fan. When I posted this on another thread some people said that he is too old(29), but most of the players we signed are about the same age: Fabri(30), Le Marchand(28),Seri(27),Schurrle(27). Also some players we've been linked to in that same position are also about the same age: Dembele(31),Herrera(28), Guilavogui(27),etc.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on August 05, 2018, 11:52:19 AM

Not sure why height matters for a LB or DM when some of the best DMs in the world, Veratti, Fernandinho, Kante, Vidal, Matuidi are all below 6ft tall
For LB's see Marcelo, Jordi Alba, Alaba.

It's a massive advantage physicaly and mentally, and most certainly this season when we could be under constant barrage from certain teams, and someone 5 feet and a fag paper short, will not be capable of heading a kitchen sink away for 90 + mins.
Also the Laws of the game will not allow Stepladders on the field of play.
Haven't we still not learnt about our shortcomings at set pieces over recent years.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 05, 2018, 12:03:05 PM

I still think we should try to sign Ljubomir Fejsa(he's 185,so a bit taller than 6ft). Yesterday I talked with my Serbian mate and he told me that when Jokanovic was coach at Partizan Belgrade he brought Fejsa for club record fee and that he was his favorite player. He is also Benficas key player in the last few years, which was also confirmed to me by my other mate who is a huge Benfica fan. When I posted this on another thread some people said that he is too old(29), but most of the players we signed are about the same age: Fabri(30), Le Marchand(28),Seri(27),Schurrle(27). Also some players we've been linked to in that same position are also about the same age: Dembele(31),Herrera(28), Guilavogui(27),etc.

Yes I can agree with you, he fits the kind of player we need, especially if Slavisa knows his background. and 29 is a good age.
We will need more experience this season.

Never forget your Roots.

bornafulhamfan

He also fits our play style. He holds a champions league record for most minutes without a single pass mistake-135 and he achieved that while playing a match against napoli where he had 110/110 pass accuracy. Found that somewhere on twitter.

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/PortuBall/status/806233884677509120.

PartizanFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 05, 2018, 12:28:57 PM
He also fits our play style. He holds a champions league record for most minutes without a single pass mistake-135 and he achieved that while playing a match against napoli where he had 110/110 pass accuracy. Found that somewhere on twitter.

I am Partizan fAn..as you can see..but i doubt fejsa could fit in squad...He was great player but after benfica he played in China..thats not same level...i think he is slow for PL..he could compensate that with a lot yellow and red cards...I loved him before..but now..i am not sure

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 05, 2018, 12:00:36 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2018, 11:57:55 AM

Yes I agree, just a little more composure, but he is coming to the boil nicely.

Great to hear.

The club is fortunate to have SJ. If AK becomes a Prem level guy this season who can chip in 5-10 goals, continues to show SJ's great skill as a coach who can develop attacking players.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: PartizanFC on August 05, 2018, 01:55:08 PM

I am Partizan fAn..as you can see..but i doubt fejsa could fit in squad...He was great player but after benfica he played in China..thats not same level...i think he is slow for PL..he could compensate that with a lot yellow and red cards...I loved him before..but now..i am not sure

I think you may have mistaken him with Gudelj. Fejsa is still at Benfica and is still their key player. On the other hand found that a Serbian player is playing in China but his name is Gudelj. Don't know much about him but have you mistaken him with Fejsa?

PartizanFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 05, 2018, 02:03:57 PM
Quote from: PartizanFC on August 05, 2018, 01:55:08 PM

I think you may have mistaken him with Gudelj. Fejsa is still at Benfica and is still their key player. On the other hand found that a Serbian player is playing in China but his name is Gudelj. Don't know much about him but have you mistaken him with Fejsa?
Yup,sorry,my bad
But i still think both players are slow..he is good for portugal ligue...he never played in best 4 ligues...as experienced player he didnt picked for wc this year..serbia is small country..that can tell you something...couches dont rate him for some reason..he might play good with player better then him..i doubt he can make difference with Kmac

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: PartizanFC on August 05, 2018, 02:07:48 PM
But i still think both players are slow..he is good for portugal ligue...he never played in best 4 ligues...as experienced player he didnt picked for wc this year..serbia is small country..that can tell you something...couches dont rate him for some reason..he might play good with player better then him..i doubt he can make difference with Kmac
Funny how opinions can differ. My Serbian friend told me that he is second best Serbian dm after Matic, and that lots of people in Serbia were really mad when the coach didn't select him for the world cup. Also you said that coaches don't rate him, but all of the Benfica coaches always rated him and Jokanovic rates him highly as I already explained in an older post. He was also linked with Spurs last year so I don't really think he could be much slower than Kmac(no offense to him). All in all I think he would be a tremendous signing.

PartizanFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 05, 2018, 02:18:24 PM
Quote from: PartizanFC on August 05, 2018, 02:07:48 PM
Funny how opinions can differ. My Serbian friend told me that he is second best Serbian dm after Matic, and that lots of people in Serbia were really mad when the coach didn't select him for the world cup. Also you said that coaches don't rate him, but all of the Benfica coaches always rated him and Jokanovic rates him highly as I already explained in an older post. He was also linked with Spurs last year so I don't really think he could be much slower than Kmac(no offense to him). All in all I think he would be a tremendous signing.

maybe
i didnt say he is bad player but i think we need dm like serbian player from cristal palace..tall but fast with great pass to attackers...Milivojevic