watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luke Shaw

Started by ffcwickford, August 07, 2018, 09:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken White

A great shout for Luke Shaw (& stranger things are happening!) but very unlikely. I, too, share the hope that we have something up our sleeve for LB - why not try & lure Scott Malone back?! Do hope this is addressed as really evident in pre-season that a solid left footed LB is vital.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 08, 2018, 07:58:17 AM
Gosh, you do use big words...  So why was Christie being signed for Fred anything other than an astute move ?   We could easily be a Championship club still and Christie would surely be more than good enough.  If we had failed to get promotion, the money would have gone and we would have had to sell Cairney and Probably Sess, so getting Christie was an excellent piece of business.

Yes, left back has been a challenge, we clearly want Targett but Soutampton making this one difficult.  We have meanwhile been connected to many many other left backs but you can't force them to come.

The tone of your post suggest you are unhappy with Fulham's recruitment which I frankly find amazing.  Of course it's not 100% perfect, but very close to that.   Tell me another window in our history that's even close to this one in terms of quality additions in critical areas ?

We are all entitled to our opinions and you are clearly a smart Fulham man, I just don't agree at all with your seemingly negative view on this close seasons action by the club.  I think Tosh would agree with me as well.
Big words?  Which big word?
A)Fredericks contract with FFC did not have an extension clause (it was, allegedly, left out by mistake).
B)Christie was a 'shrewd' cover of that earlier mistake.  There may have been obvious discontent shown by SJ (after Kline was swept aside, perhaps) about failure to cover players sold or 'lost to expired contracts' but the Scott Malone sale decision was daft at the time and still hasn't been permanently resolved.
C) The recruitment team have had one truly good window - Christie (see above), Mitrovic (by default) and Targett (brilliantly perceptive but six months late). 
D) I am not judging this window until it is shut and we have a chance to see how it all fits together but, without a left back, we are going to replay last season's patchwork quilt between August and December, all over again.
E) I think I'll be letting you know about what I really think about the recruitment team before December, but in the meantime I'll hope SJ can work his usual miracle.  Some signings look promising but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.