News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Fave Films That No-One Else Has Seen?

Started by White Noise, October 05, 2010, 02:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

The one i keep harping on about but only Suffolk White has seen. 9th company, Russian recruits training and going to Afgan, based on a true story.

ron

A timely film due to the recent passing of Tony Curtis  "that no one else has seen" - or certainly nobody I have discussed films with seems to have -  was "Lepke" with TC in the title role.

A good old fashioned gangster movie with (shall we say) a high voltage ending...........

White Noise

'The Odd Angry Shot' is a great film. If its period mining stories you want Don have you seen The Molly Maguires?

The Molly Maguires (trailer)

Oakeshott

The best film I've ever seen is a well known one - Bergman's the Seventh Seal.

But in terms of lesser known ones I've three to add to Peabody's excellent selection: The System, with Oliver Reed; Georgie Girl, with Lynne Redgrave; and in slightly different vein The Punch and Judy Man with Tony Hancock.

TonyGilroy

Cocteau's "Orphee"

The original "All Quiet On The Western Front"

Jacquel Brel's Alive And Well And Living In Paris.

Last Picture Show.

Seventh Seal and pretty much any Bergman.

FC Silver Fox

I'd like to add Black cat, White cat. Its very original and well worth watching. (I bet even the Beamer hasn't seen this one). Also a film title like that, just has to be a little bit Fulhamish

Bubamara - Goran Bregovic
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Bronsons

I watched The Punch and Judy Man last night! I love Tony Hancock, but, sorry, I thought TP&JM was poor. John Le Mesurier looked embarrassed to be in it.

My vote would be Kaos, an Italian film based on short stories by Pirandello. There's a werewolf story, a man stuck in a giant jar, peasants revolting in a graveyard. I only saw it once on BBC2 many years ago. You can't even get it on DVD and it's never been on TV again, but what a beautiful, sexy, intelligent film.

Lighthouse

FC Silver Fox - You are correct I haven't seen it.  :dft010:

The Bronsons - Shame on you. I will admit The Rebel is the better Hancock film but The Punch and Judy Man is still layered and watchable. Although neither of his films caught the TV success. As we know he was trying to make it without the people who helped him in the first place.

Has anyone mentioned Peeping Tom yet. Great film. Another great film is The Road to Perdition.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

Quote from: White Noise on October 05, 2010, 09:43:07 PM
'The Odd Angry Shot' is a great film. If its period mining stories you want Don have you seen The Molly Maguires?

Great Movie.......Sean is the man.... :dft011: :dft011: :dft011:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

AmericanJames

Boondock Saints is among  my favorite movies in my collection, did you happend to see the second one (Boondock Saints All Saints day? Its a bit different but overall i thought it was good, also they are talking about making a third eventually.

Quote from: finnster01 on October 05, 2010, 02:29:44 PM
For me, what popped immediately into my head is Boondock Saints. Possibly best indie film ever. Brilliant. Get it out if you can find it.

Another one of my favorite movies is PCU, an early 90s movie set in a college setting taking a go at  political correctness among other things. Somewhat in the sense of the classic Animal House.

PCU - Movie Trailer
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Ron Sheepskin

A couple more: Man Bites Dog:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPhaieTg4o#

and Divorcing Jack (Can't find a trailer but there are clips on YouTube) - with fine performances from Robert Lindsay and Jason Isaacs.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

SoCalJoe

Quote from: jarv on October 05, 2010, 06:04:43 PM
Sorry socalJoe....hurt locker. I gave up on it after the 3rd battle scene which was the same as the second which was the same as the first.  What did I miss after about 45 minutes which made this a good film?
Maybe I am old but modern films....give me a break.
Old uns like "who's afraid of virginia wolf, the third man, the fireman's ball (czech film) etc"
Titanic....eeeek. The first one was better, none of that gooey hollywood rubbish in it.
No worries jarv, movies are so subjective I never get offended when someone disagrees w/me, I thought the acting (Jeremy Renner) was outstanding and it fits the bill as a movie "no one has seen". Btw I agree on "Who's afraid of VW"
A few foreign films that weren't exposed to yanks (not sure if released in the UK); After the Wedding (Denmark);great drama starring Mads Mikkelsen (the bad guy who's eye tears blood in Craig's 1st Bond film), Let the Right One In (Norway); Hollywood is doing a remake called Let Me In (surely won't be as good). Devil's Backbone (Spain); Guillermo Del Toro movie set in late 1930's Spain, great story that draws you right in.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

HatterDon

I have sir ... also, since I did some work on "home-grown terrorist groups" for a college course I was going to teach I can tell you that the movie was a very good dramatization of what actually happened.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WhiteJC

duffbeer

I always liked The Man From Snowy River and Breaker Morant - two Aussie films

White Noise

Quote from: duffbeer on October 06, 2010, 08:33:44 PM
I always liked The Man From Snowy River and Breaker Morant - two Aussie films

Big time agreement with those. Wonderful films.

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2010, 05:00:36 PM

I have sir ... also, since I did some work on "home-grown terrorist groups" for a college course I was going to teach I can tell you that the movie was a very good dramatization of what actually happened.
I actually took my girlfriend to Jim Thorpe last summer for a long weekend (town formerly known as Mauch Chunk) where they hung several of the Molly Maguires. It is actually a beautiful Pennsylvanian little town with some great (and inexpensive) Bed & Breakfast places. The old prison is now a museum and you can see the cells they sat in. They hung 7 of them there and one of them, Alec Campbell left his handprint on the wall in one of the cells and you can still see it. Legend has it he said it would stay there forever more to prove his innocence and they have tried many times to clean it off but they can't. I think that is probably legend, but none the less if you should ever find yourself in Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania it is well worth a visit. The story how the town changed name to Jim Thorpe is also pretty interesting. Besides it is a really pretty place with some very neat B&B's and little quaint stores etc. In fact at the turn of the previous century it was the number one tourist resort in the US (i.e. the disney world of 1900)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead