watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we had the money, would we want him?

Started by LordNelson, October 05, 2010, 05:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

fulhamwannabe

nahhhhh,spend it on a youngster is better

finnster01

Great player that killed my heart in Hamburg, but he is also coming up 32.

Not sure if we either want to pay that big wage or get even older.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

NO. Remember Litmanen.  The only time a lot of money should be parted with for an old player is when situation is absolutely necessary. OK, the man had a great year (domestic and world cup) but I doubt he will repeat it.

Travers Barney

I recall the goal at Old Trafford when he smashed it in just before half time after we dominated them in the 1st half...Pembridge thunderbolt that smashed the crossbar after Clark's opener.

Waited for the inevitable in the second half but it never arrived...steed and inimoto put paid to that.

Got soaked on the way home but nothing mattered...bumped into some old Fulhamers at Manchester Piccadilly and savoured the moment...bumped into some Leicester Rugby fans on-route back to the metropolis and gatecrashed their party...a great day evening.

Needless to say I underperformed for Motspur Park Vets v Old Wimbledonians Vets on the next morning despite scoring the only goal of the game!

Happy happy days but nowhere nowhere as good as last season.

As regards Diego...won't happen but I'd bite your hand off for him me...class act and by his reaction at the end of the final a class bloke.

We are the whites we are the whites we are we are we are the whites.
We are the whites

HatterDon

If we could get him on a free, I'd put him in against Spuds and never look back. When Bobby gets back, I think we'd be an offensive sight to behold. I don't care about the 32; just having him for a season and a half would do me. He'd be the best striker we've had since Saha.

The comparisons to Litmanen are a joke. Jari hadn't played anywhere of note for the 18 months or so previous to our signing him as a tackling dummy. Forlan was the most dangerous player in the Europa League and in the World Cup just a few months ago. Of course he'll never repeat a season like that. He'll be 36 in 2014.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

I'd love to see him at the Cottage for his high profile...and the fact that the way he conducts himself makes him an honorary Fulham player in my eyes already.....P.S. ....on a free of course !

SmithyFFC

World-class striker?!

OF COURSE WE'D WANT HIM!
FTID

duffbeer

Dempsey was asked what two players he would want on Fulham and it was Messi and Forlan

fulhamwannabe

just finished reading "tomorrow's" paper now,and i've noticed that "muntari" ghana's inter milan player is looking for a club,because he's been sidelined and been told that he's not included in benitez plans!just a thought  :49:

The Rock

Hard to turn down a player with that kind of class, so short term would be great. One for the future, no.

Litmanen - didn't we get him on loan? I don't recall ever really signing him. Or maybe I am thinking of the AS Roma striker who we got on loan that scored those goals in that Leicester City Cup match then went silent... or both. Montella. Both not the same quality...

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Tom

Yes, please! I would take him in a heart beat. He is world class.
Fulham for life!

Nick the Swede

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

sipwell

Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 05:16:24 AM
Yes, please! I would take him in a heart beat. He is world class.

+2

And he can bring the cup with him.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Logicalman

I guess we can all dream on for this one.

Could we really afford him? Following on from Roys fiscally-imposed limits, what is Sparkys view (notwithstanding the outlandish monies he went through at Citeh)?

Great player, loads of skill, love to see him at the Cottage, great attitude to the game, but I still think he is slightly above our means.

AlFayedsChequebook

If there was the possibility of getting him it would be a no-brainer. He is simply one of the best forwards in Europe.

Unfortunately that is exactly why he will not come to Fulham.

Burt

Putting aside what happened in Hamburg, this would be a no-brainer. World class.

Chances of this happening are ooooooh around 0%, I would think.