watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not enough

Started by Benny, August 11, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

From Sess, is going to be lightweight in this league for a while.
Think Slav needs to be clever in how he uses him.
For me AK needs more of a look in on the left.

Rambler

Nope disagree. Think AK is still too raw for this level, he's good as an impact sub but you could see today that he's not going to track back - he left Sessegnon horribly exposed as left back.

fulhamben

thought sess was miles better than schurrle. was hoping for sess and ak to start next game, but i reckon sess will go to lb
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Totally disagree with the OP.

Sessegnon looked just like he did in the Championship. He has never been the type to skin people or do anything outrageous but his first touch and brain are truly world class, and every time he gets the ball he can be relied upon to find another white shirt or the back of the net.

For contrast Schurrle on the other side was no better, and actually IMO looked like a 38 year old version of Sess.

Benny

Will be even more worried if Sess goes left back as he struggled in that position in the Championship. At least AK gives us a bit muscle which Sess is far from at the moment.

Burt

Thought Sess did OK today. Don't forget he's still a teenager, and so to play like he does at this level is phenomenal.

Burt

Also liked the look of Schurrle, although he did fade as the game progressed so not sure about his fitness.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2018, 06:18:56 PM
thought sess was miles better than schurrle. was hoping for sess and ak to start next game, but i reckon sess will go to lb

No way, Schurrle was actually quite good. Hands down Schurrle is the most intelligent and experienced player on Fulham's side.

Sess didn't look out of place, but he wasn't super aggressive today.

Sgt Fulham

Sess was okay, if not overly creative. He will get used to the Premier League and will score goals for sure. He nearly got in a few times. Schurrle looked good to me and will only get better. He was denied a clear penalty from a great piece of play.

New Kid on the Block

Le Marchand can play at left back, and did today- well.

David I

His pace, first touch, vision and ability to get behind the defence means Sess has to play (predominantly) advanced left wing with an occasional dalliance flip flopping left and right. Not only is he wasted out of these positions but the whole team lose formation (dont know why) when he plays left back...

David I

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on August 11, 2018, 07:08:48 PM
Le Marchand can play at left back, and did today- well.
I thought Bryan was left back and Marchand left centre?

New Kid on the Block

He was, but when Bryan went off injured, Le Marchand stepped into the breach.

MrD1879

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on August 11, 2018, 07:35:45 PM
He was, but when Bryan went off injured, Le Marchand stepped into the breach.

Sess went to left back and absolutely bottled it for their second goal

Riversider

Sessegnon was badly at fault for their second goal, and I hope I never have to see him play at left back ever again,
Reportedly Spurs offered us £60 million PLUS Danny Rose for him, we would be stronger with Rose in our back four and Schurrle can play wide left.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2018, 06:18:56 PM

I disagree. I think Schurrle was more dangerous. But Sess has never played at this level so he'll take a few games to get up to speed. I will say he was making some good runs and played a good pass that nearly found Schurrle.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on August 11, 2018, 07:48:43 PM
Sessegnon was badly at fault for their second goal, and I hope I never have to see him play at left back ever again,
Reportedly Spurs offered us £60 million PLUS Danny Rose for him, we would be stronger with Rose in our back four and Schurrle can play wide left.

I find that hard to believe. Levy has never paid more than half that fee. More likely it was £20m plus Rose and I think Rose to be a little overrated, plus he'd be on big wages.

grandad

Everyone of our squad will grow into the PL. Most of them havn´t even unpacked their bags yet. They will gel when Slavisa has a fully fit squad to work with.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Benny

If that was the case Rose plus cash would of been a great deal.

Benny

That's one of the things I notice about Sess is he never likes to take a player on.
He does well getting in various positions but going forward seems to get the ball stuck
under his feet or passes sideways.

We need better in this division and better support for Mitro