more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not enough

Started by Benny, August 11, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Benny on August 11, 2018, 08:26:56 PM
That's one of the things I notice about Sess is he never likes to take a player on.
He does well getting in various positions but going forward seems to get the ball stuck
under his feet or passes sideways.

We need better in this division and better support for Mitro

You seem content with Mitro but when does Mitro take anyone on? He isn't exactly Maradona himself. Sessegnon is as good at LW as Mitro is at CF. Neither is world class (yet) but both are still good players even at this level. 

Benny

The difference is mitro had a good game as did the palace keeper.
Sess was lightweight and and did near to nothing.

Given half the prem is better than palace we need this sorted.
It's not a dig at Sess but it's like I said we need to be clever in how we use him.

fulhamben

Quote from: Benny on August 11, 2018, 08:39:57 PM
The difference is mitro had a good game as did the palace keeper.
Sess was lightweight and and did near to nothing.

Given half the prem is better than palace we need this sorted.
It's not a dig at Sess but it's like I said we need to be clever in how we use him.
I didn't particularly think mitro had a good game. In fact I thought a whole attack was pretty toothless.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Benny

Mitro played well, he was strong and had a couple of decent chances
given he was up there by himself. On another day he would of scored 1 or 2.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Benny on August 11, 2018, 08:26:56 PM
That's one of the things I notice about Sess is he never likes to take a player on.
He does well getting in various positions but going forward seems to get the ball stuck
under his feet or passes sideways.

We need better in this division and better support for Mitro

Dribbling is something he'll need to improve if he going to be a forward or winger.

Statto

Am I actually reading this word - "lightweight"?

FFS

If we had Pele and Maradona on each flank some Neil Warnock-types on this forum would still complain they're too lightweight.

We should play Akinfenwa and Butterbean up front.

Benny

10 out of 10 for observation statto - well done!
Yes lightweight he was and we will have a problem this season unless it changes.
Palace are not a top 10 team and he struggled.

Statto

Quote from: Benny on August 11, 2018, 09:03:57 PM
10 out of 10 for observation statto - well done!
Yes lightweight he was and we will have a problem this season unless it changes.
Palace are not a top 10 team and he struggled.

Lol, you do realise Palace finished joint 10th last season don't you?

And look at their results from November (when we were 17th) and they would have been 6th/7th best in the league

And I'm pretty sure their best player is lighter than Sesegnon

Benny

Their best player more lightweight than Sess?
What you been smoking Statto? Can I have some?

Statto

Quote from: Benny on August 11, 2018, 09:21:35 PM
Their best player more lightweight than Sess?
What you been smoking Statto? Can I have some?

http://www.espnfc.com/player/241328/ryan-sessegnon
http://www.espnfc.com/player/146324/wilfried-zaha

Same height, Sessegnon 10lbs heavier.

Benny

Sess won nothing all afternoon Statto. We can all pull off the weight and height stats on any player but it means f all. It's about how they play on the and Sess was kicked off the ball 9 times out of 10. Sess created nothing all day suggest you watch the highlights buddy.

Statto

Quote from: Benny on August 11, 2018, 09:46:40 PM
Sess won nothing all afternoon Statto. We can all pull off the weight and height stats on any player but it means f all. It's about how they play on the and Sess was kicked off the ball 9 times out of 10. Sess created nothing all day suggest you watch the highlights buddy.

Don't patronise me. If you want to spout an opinion you're entitled to do that. It's a silly opinion, bit like those people who think the world is run by shapeshifting lizards and that sort of thing, but you and they are entitled to that opinion of course. As for saying Palace aren't a top 10 team and Zaha isn't as "lightweight" as Sessegnon, unfortunately those are matters of fact, not opinion, so you've just mugged yourself off. 

BTW when you watch the highlights you might want to catch the AK47-Zaha incident, referred to on another thread, as an indicator of how heavyweight Zaha is.

Mince n Tatties

You obviously don't like the lad,as I noticed also you said that Rose and 20 million would have been a good deal..
He's 18 for feck sake,first game in premier,give it a rest.

Lyle from Hangeland

I don't think R. Sess was "lightweight" at all. He gave some, he got some. He didn't dominate, but wasn't dominated. Regardless, he's going to be starting week in and week out.

bornafulhamfan

I think he had one bad game and that he should still be a starter. Although I think he shouldn't start against Spurs, as fans would expect him to be the best player on the pitch and after today that would put too much pressure on him. Also Spurs were apparently interested in him in the last two windows and think that that also puts some pressure on him.

Benny

Lol Statto calm yourself down matey, not worth having heart attack about as it's just my opionion, but you should really get yourself down the cottage at some point and see for yourself.

DevonFFC

By lightweight I'm assuming that as a figure of speech not in the literal sense of word I.e weight needs KG.

I would argue and say that Zaha has far more "body strength and balance' in a challenge that Sess does. When you mentioned the Ak challenge that is slightly different as Zaha was slowing down and Ak was as full pelt and his built like a brick sh1thouse.

That will come for young sess as he matures physically and fills out he will develop that core stretch tk enenable him to be stronger on the ball or less 'lightweight'

MJG

I dont see Sess as Lightweight, but I'm amazed its just dawning on people hes not actually a wide man who takes people on.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

His first game at this level,don't forget he's still a kid.
A very talented kid who will adjust with the football intelligence this kid has he will come on leaps and bounds.statto give him a chance!