watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rico - one thing that worries me

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 12, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

If he's so good why is he being loaned out for a season. I can understand his team selling him and cashing in, but a loan sounds like they don't want him and can't sell him for a reasonable fee.

Anyone seen the guy play or know of his reputation?

fulhamben

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 12, 2018, 12:23:55 PM
If he's so good why is he being loaned out for a season. I can understand his team selling him and cashing in, but a loan sounds like they don't want him and can't sell him for a reasonable fee.

you could say that about half our squad, why was Bryan so cheap, schurrle was loaned out for two years. Vietto another loan due to being surplus to requitements. The list goes on.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

We will only be able to sign top established players if they're not wanted. Many a player has come here and turned their career around. Hopefully he relishes the challenge.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 12, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

They signed a new GK. Becuase he may not be good enough for them, doesn't mean he isn't for us.

Barrett487

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-chief-explains-player-joined-fulham-talks-failed-attempt-sign-chelsea-player/

Sevilla allowed their goalkeeper, Sergio Rico, to join Fulham on a season-long loan deal on deadline day of the transfer window.

The Spaniard conceded 59 goals in 40 appearances in all competitions for Los Rojiblancos last season, which includes 39 goals from 24 league appearances. His performance was not widely appreciated by the leaders of the La Liga outfit.

Sevilla director of football Joaquin Caparros has revealed all parties involved felt a temporary move to Fulham was the 'best, hard loan' for the club's custodian and remains hopeful the 24-year-old can return to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán as a much better player.

"Last year was not Sergio's best year. All the parties have decided that it was the best, a pure and hard loan and that next year on June 30th he can return," Caparros told Cadena SER, as quoted by Estadio Deportivo.

SWSixer

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 12, 2018, 10:18:58 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-chief-explains-player-joined-fulham-talks-failed-attempt-sign-chelsea-player/

Sevilla allowed their goalkeeper, Sergio Rico, to join Fulham on a season-long loan deal on deadline day of the transfer window.

The Spaniard conceded 59 goals in 40 appearances in all competitions for Los Rojiblancos last season, which includes 39 goals from 24 league appearances. His performance was not widely appreciated by the leaders of the La Liga outfit.

Sevilla director of football Joaquin Caparros has revealed all parties involved felt a temporary move to Fulham was the 'best, hard loan' for the club's custodian and remains hopeful the 24-year-old can return to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán as a much better player.

"Last year was not Sergio's best year. All the parties have decided that it was the best, a pure and hard loan and that next year on June 30th he can return," Caparros told Cadena SER, as quoted by Estadio Deportivo.

What exactly is a hard loan?

JoelH5

Quote from: SWSixer on August 12, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

The opposite to a soft loan ;)

Maybe he means no recall option
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bornafulhamfan

I think he meant a loan to a tough league.

KingofCheese

I only have the opinion which is the one that the Admin say..I say that.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 12, 2018, 11:38:26 PM
This is like the fifth thread you posted this kind of message, that's called spamming.

General

Quote from: SWSixer on August 12, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

Believe the Atheltico website said it's with a view to a permanent move? Or we have that option.... Could be why is a hard loan? A soft loan could be where they anticipate or expect the player to come back to the club regardless..

General

He apparently had a shocking season last year, but in the couple of seasons before that as many have noted he won the eruopa league twice. At the moment we've got a crap keeper formwise with potential to do a lot better.

Slaphead in Qatar

Thanks Barrett - this makes it clear.

We need to start with Betts. Shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

Time to gel and settle the team I agree with - but also every game is like a cup final in this league. We can't experiment with a new keeper for too long which will lead to us dropping more points.

RaySmith

I respect Slavisa's opinion on this - figuring he knows more about the bloke and his capability compared to Betts than me.

But maybe Betts will be brought back as number one, who knows?

I suppose, though, that you have to give a player a chance in a new team, new league, new country.

One thing's for sure, though - Slavisa won't carry on with a keeper, or any other player, if he feels there's someone in the squad who can do a better job.

Everyone makes mistakes, though, including Betts, and Rico did a lot of good things last Saturday, apart from, maybe, being at fault for a goal.

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on August 13, 2018, 05:58:01 AM
I respect Slavisa's opinion on this - figuring he knows more about the bloke and his capability compared to Betts than me.

But maybe Betts will be brought back as number one, who knows?

I suppose, though, that you have to give a player a chance in a new team, new league, new country.

One thing's for sure, though - Slavisa won't carry on with a keeper, or any other player, if he feels there's someone in the squad who can do a better job.

Everyone makes mistakes, though, including Betts, and Rico did a lot of good things last Saturday, apart from, maybe, being at fault for a goal.
I think you are getting your keepers muddled up. Rico  didn't play on Saturday, fabricio did
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KingofCheese

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 11:40:41 PM
This is like the fifth thread you posted this kind of message, that's called spamming.

Thanks for the heads up..I didn't know, but it's great to learn new things.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

elgreenio

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 11:40:41 PM

general reminder that there's a wonderful tool in the bottom right of each post, 'Report to moderator'. Please report any posts you deem unnecessary or "spamming" instead of responding in turn and potential inflaming/singling out anybody :)

COYW
touch my camera through the fence

Statto

i worry about Betts' tweets

there was a healthy sense of respect and competition between him and button

now Bettinelli seems frustrated... and Rico doesn't seem the type to me who settles or bonds easily. Seems a very different character to our core players and as the daily mail article today (referred to on another thread) suggests he speaks very little english

How will Rico get on with Betts? Will Rico be able to settle if he feels the fans and half the team probably prefer Bettinelli?

Neil D

My default position would be that last season's No.1 keeper (or 'glovesman' as I've seen them described somewhere -ugh) should start.  It's up to the new guys to show they warrant a place by their performances in training or Betts suffers a poor run of form.  Just because the Club has paid serious money for these guys does not entitle them to start.  I think the GK's position is the one which requires the most blending, and bedding, in with the defence.  That said, Betts was no better placed than Fabri with Saturday's back four so I'll shut up.