watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Here's One For Finnster

Started by White Noise, October 07, 2010, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/red-sox-owner-fulfills-boyhood-passion-for-whingeing-thieves-201010063141/

RED SOX OWNER FULFILLS BOYHOOD PASSION FOR WHINGEING THIEVES

06-10-10

THE owner of the Boston Red Sox has fulfilled a life-long ambition of surrounding himself with thousands of whining bastards who want to steal his car.

Liverpudlians would arrive in Boston with nothing but a small bag of stuff they'd nicked

As he took over Liverpool FC, John W Henry said it was a day he had dreamed of since he was a boy standing at the docks in Boston listening to Scousers getting off the boat and moaning about how they hadn't found anything worth thieving yet.

He added: "Boston was a gateway for generations of immigrants. The Irish, so filled with violent hate and magical bullpoo. The Scots, so angry, so eye-wateringly pungent - and even the odd Welshman, who then had to pretend to be Irish to avoid being tossed into the harbour.

"But it was always the Liverpudlians who fascinated me the most, with their disgusting accents, their mind-numbingly pathetic sense of humour and their transparent desire to steal everything my family owned.

"I thought to myself, 'one day I want to spend a huge amount of time with these people'.

"'I want to place myself at the heart of their community and spend hours and hours listening to their childish demands in a room where everything is bolted to the floor'."

Henry has achieved consistent levels of success with the Boston Red Sox and has pledged to bring the same trophy-winning approach to Liverpool by instructing the team to play baseball.

Manager Roy Hodgson said: "I'm happy to give it a go. We're not really set up for football here any more. So is it the one that's like rounders, or is it the one with all the giant black fellas?"

He added: "Oh gosh, look at them big leather mittens. What do you suppose they do? I think Tommy Trinder might have had one of those."

finnster01

+1

I think this is a marriage made in heaven. Boston+Liverpool=Bunch of jealous people with weird accents. I mean in Boston they can't even say car, it is called a caaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh up there. In Liverpool they don't even have cars, only hubcaps. It doesn't matter what they try to say, it is all gibberish, like.

And as far as winning and the Boston Red Sox goes: The baseball playoffs just started here yesterday, and I was flicking channels and couldn't for the life of me find the Red Sux game. Could one of the many New Englanders on here please explain that to me or do I need to call and change my provider :dft012:

Meanwhile the team based a mere 10 minutes train ride away from me, took care of business as usual  :clap_hands: :beer:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Whiteroom

That is very funny. I have sent it to all the Liverpool supporting friends I have. I am not sure how it will go down.

epsomraver

It is amazing that same as Newcastle how many fans can turn out on a working day to either welcome a new manager or demonstrate, all season ticket holders yet no job to go to, must be all financial advisors eh Finn :005:

finnster01

Quote from: epsomraver on October 07, 2010, 01:31:49 PM
It is amazing that same as Newcastle how many fans can turn out on a working day to either welcome a new manager or demonstrate, all season ticket holders yet no job to go to, must be all financial advisors eh Finn :005:
Mr Epsom,

That was a bit of the old  :yellow: mate  :dft012:

epsomraver

Their advice Finn is" gis yu wallet like if yu know what's good for yu, like, would that be the time to say "well I will take your advice on that?"

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on October 07, 2010, 11:59:27 AM
+1

I think this is a marriage made in heaven. Boston+Liverpool=Bunch of jealous people with weird accents. I mean in Boston they can't even say car, it is called a caaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh up there. In Liverpool they don't even have cars, only hubcaps. It doesn't matter what they try to say, it is all gibberish, like.

And as far as winning and the Boston Red Sox goes: The baseball playoffs just started here yesterday, and I was flicking channels and couldn't for the life of me find the Red Sux game. Could one of the many New Englanders on here please explain that to me or do I need to call and change my provider :dft012:

Meanwhile the team based a mere 10 minutes train ride away from me, took care of business as usual  :clap_hands: :beer:

I cannot believe that you support the Yankees. That is like supporting Chelsea, there is simply NO EXCUSE.

finnster01

Mr AFC,
I do have to admit I enjoyed my prawn sandwich in front of the telly though  :dft012:

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 07, 2010, 03:24:33 PM
+1

I cannot believe that you support the Yankees. That is like supporting the dark side, there is simply NO EXCUSE.

Mr. Chequebook, imagine that you're a supporter of Liverpool who lives and works in London [stay with me]. Imagine you're side has had its ass handed to them by a red-nosed Scot since Alfred the Great left the throne. Imagine then that your side actually wins a title. Imagine if, because of that, television movies are made of the event and EVERY sports broadcaster talks about how wonderful it is for Liverpool until the supporters of the 90 clubs who AREN'T Liverpool or MANU have it dripping from their bleeding ears. THEN imagine going into your workplace and telling every supporter of a LONDON-BASED club how wonderful it is for football as a whole that Liverpool have won, and that surely ALL football fans should feel that it was all their victory as well.

Sir, that's what it has been like with RedSox fans ever since Curt Shilling poured iodine on his sock during the World Series. RedSox fans were always whining gits. Now they're superior whining gits. I've hated the Yankees since I was a little boy, but I'm THRILLED that they got into the post-season instead of the RedSox.

I await a carpet bombing from MBF1
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on October 07, 2010, 03:34:41 PM
+1

I cannot believe that you support the Yankees. That is like supporting the dark side, there is simply NO EXCUSE.

Mr. Chequebook, imagine that you're a supporter of Liverpool who lives and works in London [stay with me]. Imagine you're side has had its ass handed to them by a red-nosed Scot since Alfred the Great left the throne. Imagine then that your side actually wins a title. Imagine if, because of that, television movies are made of the event and EVERY sports broadcaster talks about how wonderful it is for Liverpool until the supporters of the 90 clubs who AREN'T Liverpool or MANU have it dripping from their bleeding ears. THEN imagine going into your workplace and telling every supporter of a LONDON-BASED club how wonderful it is for football as a whole that Liverpool have won, and that surely ALL football fans should feel that it was all their victory as well.

Sir, that's what it has been like with RedSox fans ever since Curt Shilling poured iodine on his sock during the World Series. RedSox fans were always whining gits. Now they're superior whining gits. I've hated the Yankees since I was a little boy, but I'm THRILLED that they got into the post-season instead of the RedSox.

I await a carpet bombing from MBF1

I have to admit HatterDon that I was born in Boston, hence my dislike of the Yankees.

I take your point though, all the fair-weather fans come out of the woodwork when their team does well, but any baseball fan who was not a Yankee fan has had to put up with them consistently since Babe Ruth, so a few seasons of Red Sox loving was a welcome antidote (at first).

jarv

I live near Boston and have done so for over 20 years. I have tried to like the american sports but.....
Football, I love it when the patriots do not make the play-offs. That means their ridiculously short season is finally over.
Basketball... bunch of big freaks jogging around a small space with swqueaky shoes on.
Baseball...good when it gets to the play-offs after about 472 games.
Ice hockey...great live.

The real problem here is the commentators here. They drive me insane with their permanent chatter about NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to offer. NONE of them. (Except Bill Littlefield on pbs, "it's only a game"). American fans will know who he is, very funny. But he does not comment on games, more a columnist.

I think they have done more to turn me off US sports than anyone.  Comments from US Fulha guys???

mccscratch

The only sport that has the feel of a pulsating football match here in the states is an college (american) football game... College football in the South means everything... The 80k+ stadiums are all filled... it is a whole day out of drinking, eating and celebrating then comes the game and then a party atmosphere after the game is over... There is chanting all throughout the contest and nobody sits during the games...

NFL and MLB playoffs can sometimes have that kind of electricity but college football has it during the regular season...every game matters so much.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

RidgeRider

+1

Meanwhile the team based a mere 10 minutes train ride away from me, took care of business as usual  :clap_hands: :beer:

I love our friend Finn, but you are right AFC, supporting the Yankees is like supporting the dark side or United, it's just wrong on every level...transplanted Londoner or not....totally compromising any sports sensibility or values.....you realize you could have chosen the Mets as well Mr. Finn or even been historical and adopted my beloved Giants?  :dft011:

finnster01

Unfortunately Mr RR, where I live is in the very heart of NY Yankee country and it is about 90% yankee fans here given the short proximity to the Stadium. Mets is a bit more of a hassle to get to for me.

The analogy I would use is if I was an American and moved to London and SW6, why would I become a Tottenham or West Ham supporter?

HatterDon

Quote from: jarv on October 07, 2010, 04:16:54 PM
I live near Boston and have done so for over 20 years. I have tried to like the american sports but.....
Football, I love it when the patriots do not make the play-offs. That means their ridiculously short season is finally over.
Basketball... bunch of big freaks jogging around a small space with swqueaky shoes on.
Baseball...good when it gets to the play-offs after about 472 games.
Ice hockey...great live.

The real problem here is the commentators here. They drive me insane with their permanent chatter about NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to offer. NONE of them. (Except Bill Littlefield on pbs, "it's only a game"). American fans will know who he is, very funny. But he does not comment on games, more a columnist.

I think they have done more to turn me off US sports than anyone.  Comments from US Fulha guys???

You've hit on the exact problem with coverage of sports over here. I used to have a clip of a long rally at Wimbledon. Two guys slugging it out with each other for a point that was only settled after about 45-50 strokes. The center-court crowd was going beserk. Dan Maskell said NOTHING during the rally and said only "oh my" when it was over. All one ever needs in a commentator is someone to keep you apprised of the score and act as a voice in your living room to keep you company. If any of the non-stop yapping crews on American TV actually sat in my living room, I think I'd spray them with disinfectant.

In the late World Cup we had several Brits come over to augment our lame soccer commentating crew. During the first few matches, they were wonderfully quiet by comparison. By the end, they were all jabbering like gibbons on amphetimines.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel