News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Etiquette when seated in opposing fan's end.

Started by bugsy, August 28, 2018, 09:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsy

Back home for a couple of weeks and have been handed a couple of tickets for the Brighton game, sitting among the home fans. Haven't been to an away game since moving abroad back in the '80s, so unsure of expected behavior. Should we score, is it a case of polite applause or stripping down to my leopard skin jockstrap?

Vinnieffc

I would respect the home fans by not being there.  Otherwise it's coat and mouth buttoned for the duration.

Nero

a small fist pump out of sight is best , or if like me which i did in the past when you stand and shout yesss, remember to quick revert to the yess you useess bunch of idiots just let them bloody score and sit back down quick

bigalffc

Sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut, just keep thinking COYW
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bog

I would settle for biting your clenched fist, with me I would I take my teeth out first.

Have to say the place is an excellent stadium.  I went there for the game when they got promoted and we absolutely played them off the park and lost 2-1.

092.gif

SP

Haven't sat in the home end since an uncomfortable afternoon at Northampton Town.  Keep your head down & if anyone strikes up a conversation claim to be a neutral in town on business.

Slaphead in Qatar

I sat with the Spurs fans last week. Just keep queit, definitely don't cheer if we score

RaySmith

Best to keep quiet and give no indication that you support Fulham - hard though it may be.

Dodger53

Forget polite applause and leapard skin jockstrap, a silent yessss given the opportunity to celebrate will do, then try and go into their supporters lounge afterwards with a broad grin and ask for a pint of London Pride and accept the Harveys they will give you.

I think it is a poor stadium for away fans. Most seats give a good view but other than that not for me. Away fans area does not have much depth and is spread across the width of the field making an atmosphere difficult. They suggest staying behind to let queues at station reduce then run out of beer. Train service to/from Brighton is poor,, took 90mins once and missed first 20 minutes.

PS - my brother in law is a massive Seagulls fan so my view is highly biased.

See you there, from the other end - one of the Sussex Whites

COYWs

bill taylors apprentice

As someone who has sat among both WHU & Millwall albeit in good seats, I recommend either putting on a bloody good act or not attending at all.

KJS

Just say as loud as you can in an extremely Camp accent " I knew that tw@t Mitrovic would score a Hat trick"

FFCpmd

Had this problem when we beat Bentford 2-0 away. Forgot to get a ticket, so got one on the day but sadly behind the Bentford goal! Bloody difficult to keep still when we scored the first (mega jumping up and down in my head!), but when we scored the second right at the end and the Bentford fans started singing 'you only sing when you're winning', I joined in at the top of my voice with 'We love to sing when we're winning'. Obviously nobody noticed, but it felt great celebrating surrounded by their totally gutted fans.

KJS

Quote from: FFCpmd on August 28, 2018, 12:48:24 PM
Had this problem when we beat Bentford 2-0 away. Forgot to get a ticket, so got one on the day but sadly behind the Bentford goal! Bloody difficult to keep still when we scored the first (mega jumping up and down in my head!), but when we scored the second right at the end and the Bentford fans started singing 'you only sing when you're winning', I joined in at the top of my voice with 'We love to sing when we're winning'. Obviously nobody noticed, but it felt great celebrating surrounded by their totally gutted fans.

So it was just you and 3 others in the Bentford end then?

F(f)CUK

Ended up in the away end for the famous Fulham vs Lincoln game. Just kept quiet. Ruined the spectacle though.

Burt

Last time I was in the home end for one of our away games was when we lost 10-0 at Anfield. I was with my best mate, who was (and still is) a scouse, and it was a spur-of-the-moment, pay-on-the-gate thing as we were meant to be doing something else entirely!

I kept quiet about it for most of the match, but by the end most people around me knew, and given the scoreline were very sympathetic to my plight! As well as complementary about how much we had "had a go", and how great the away support was (by the time the 6th or 7th had flown in, there was a conga weaving it's way around the away end).

My general rule is that we don't like it when an away supporter turns up in home territory, so out of respect keep it low profile and quiet...

Chesh

Done it loads of times in the past (including Matthew Harding stand Chelsea - when i nearly gave myself away, and Millwall East (Dockers) stand when Kit scored that last seconds winner).

You simply keep your mouth shut, act like a neutral, and although the rush inside when you score is brilliant, with everyone else extremely p****d off around you, do not show ANY outward signs of happiness if we score.

If you do, expect to get a clump, as most clubs' fans will not simply scream for the nearest steward screaming Out Out Out! like they do at Fulham.

It's up to you, but those are the 'rules'

:033:  082.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Cantos

I remember standing in the Shed when we lost 4-0 to Chelsea back in the 80's.

I kept very quiet.

lasse vigen

Was stood amongst the home fans at Millwall for the beautiful 3-0 win last season. Actually quite enjoyed it... the atmosphere was toxic but the Fulham  away fans to my right sounded fantastic all night. Couldn't help but smile when Kev's goal sailed through.

Russianrob

Happened once at a friendly at Celtic of all places.Even travelled on the Celtic bus wearing my Fulham scarf. In fairness they did tell me that if I'd have been a Chelscum fan I would have got a good kicking for which I thanked them gratefully!!!