https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yaya Toure

Started by DevonFFC, August 28, 2018, 11:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: DevonFFC on August 29, 2018, 10:04:14 AM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 29, 2018, 09:43:22 AM
We're currently the second favorites to sign him according to SkyBet. Arsenal are first.

We are now favourites at 11/8
And 10th favorites to sign John Terry 🤭🤭🤭

Roberty

Arsenal are the favourites according to SSN
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ByTheRiver

I think it will almost certainly be Arsenal. A quick look at their squad shows they are actually crying out for a player (albeit, ideally a younger one) of his sort. We, on the other hand (and what a strange position to be in!), are very well stocked in that area!

Plus when you then consider wages, etc, 'prestige' of club (remember the agent saying a couple of months ago that he'd sign for a top 6 club for a pound a week or something stupid?), it's Arsenal. Might stick some money on it now, in fact.

One James stannard

I would be absolutely amazed if Slav has said he wants yaya here, not going to happen. Nah not having it!

Tabby

Don't think we'd go for him, or that he'd want to come. The agent has been pretty vocal that he wants to join a "top 6 club", which would fit Arsenal but not us.

And we've already spent over £50 million on CM, which was our strongest area going into the prem. Have plenty of talent and cover there.

@jolslover

Yaya is a very good player and my mate with a City season ticket said he was still top 4 level as of his last season.
We are currently favourites on sky bet...

I would be very excited for one. His vast prem experience would only benefit the players around him. IMO.
STH H3

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: @jolslover on August 29, 2018, 11:05:13 AM
Yaya is a very good player and my mate with a City season ticket said he was still top 4 level as of his last season.
We are currently favourites on sky bet...

I would be very excited for one. His vast prem experience would only benefit the players around him. IMO.
Imagine if our six midfield options were: Cairney, Seri, Toure, Zambo, StefJo and Kmac. That's definitely the strongest midfield outside of the top six.

Count Flapula

Think this whole "Yaya passes medical in London" thing is a red herring, personally - I just get the feeling if he was going to a London club, strangely they'd be less likely to declare the fact his medical was held there beforehand.

No logic to that though I know, just something in the back of my head saying his agent is just trying to pique interest in the story / trying to get the story up the social media trending "charts".

cookieg

Is it being reported that he is signing for a London club or that he is having a medical in London? He may well be off to China or the MLS and this is a convenient place for the medical.

bog

Keegan was on the way to winning the league but then signed Asprilla. This showed how easily you can upset the squad and the dressing room. That cost him the title and brought about the 'I would love it!'  interview.

elgreenio

going back to Olympiakos.

Bullet dodged
touch my camera through the fence

cmg

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 29, 2018, 11:28:36 AM
Think this whole "Yaya passes medical in London" thing is a red herring, personally - I just get the feeling if he was going to a London club, strangely they'd be less likely to declare the fact his medical was held there beforehand.

No logic to that though I know, just something in the back of my head saying his agent is just trying to pique interest in the story / trying to get the story up the social media trending "charts".
Quote from: cookieg on August 29, 2018, 11:34:58 AM
Is it being reported that he is signing for a London club or that he is having a medical in London? He may well be off to China or the MLS and this is a convenient place for the medical.
Quote from: elgreenio on August 29, 2018, 12:42:49 PM

Bullet dodged

Spot on all.

Craven Mad

Wages etc aside, I would be exceptionally happy with this if it were to happen.

Aside from being a goalscoring/setpiece threat, Yaya could help Seri (also from the Ivory Coast) and Anguissa/MLM (like Yaya, have played in France) settle into the team. He brings premier league experience and cover/competition across our middle three (particularly important if TC has taken a knock). He might be older, but we benefited from aged pros like Mahammodou Diarra (and Murphy too) in the middle before - his experience and talent is indisputable.

Our success last season was built on having the strongest/most talented midfield 3 in the league. If we are to succeed in the Prem, a player like Yaya could seriously help.

That being said, I think his personality may lead him to prefer a club like Arsenal etc and I would be VERY surprised if he chose us over a club competing for trophies (either here or abroad). Similarly, he has a history of off-pitch strops and I would worry about his commitment to a relegation scrap (should, as many anticipate, we head towards the lower end of the table in our first season back in the PL).

I look forward to finding out who's signed him...

Mince n Tatties

Dembele Celtic to Marseille apparently.

SG

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on August 29, 2018, 09:13:50 AM
As DevonFFC said, he would probably upset the dressing room. Any adult who makes such a big fuss over not receiving a birthday card is, to me, a massive prima donna. As good as he was, it's a major swerve for me.

Agreed

WindyCity

Quote from: elgreenio on August 29, 2018, 12:42:49 PM

Bullet dodged

Yep, glad to see not coming to the Cottage.  Really good player, but way past his prime.  And possible clubhouse upset?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on August 29, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
Quote from: New Kid on the Block on August 29, 2018, 09:13:50 AM
As DevonFFC said, he would probably upset the dressing room. Any adult who makes such a big fuss over not receiving a birthday card is, to me, a massive prima donna. As good as he was, it's a major swerve for me.

Agreed

I am surprised if he had got any birthday cards at all
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bornafulhamfan

I don't know if he is just trolling or is it true, but his agent posted on Twitter that he is officially an British citizen now. Maybe means he'll sign with a prem side after all. He also posted a picture of Squawka article about where would Toure fit in each London club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 29, 2018, 05:04:00 PM
I don't know if he is just trolling or is it true, but his agent posted on Twitter that he is officially an British citizen now. Maybe means he'll sign with a prem side after all. He also posted a picture of Squawka article about where would Toure fit in each London club.

He could fit in Hilda's Broom Cupboard quite comfortably.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

He's gone to Greece then,interesting.