watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yaya Toure

Started by DevonFFC, August 28, 2018, 11:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Had a medical in London this evening, West Ham have ruled themselves out.

Twitter is saying it is us, Crystal Palace or Celtic.

I know having a medical In London doesn't mean it will be a London club but being out of contract it's not going to be a rush job of medical so could have gone anywhere close to potential new club.

Would you take him?

Facts Not Fiction

Nah, Khan said yesterday that he's not keen on older players.

Palace awaits him I guess.

DevonFFC

From him interview I gauged that as transfer fee being paid but you could be right.

For me it would be a no as I think his attitude may break the Harmoy of the dressing room

fulham traveller

General

He's a leader and would definitely up the profile of the club, the training sessions and all that. If you get him in on a season loan you could possibly get him to teach Anguissa a thing or two and perhaps a few goal scoring tricks, whilst use his star status to bring in more top young players..

If he was willing to fit into whatever wage structure we have identified consider him.

I get the idea of not signing old players but he's an exception rather than the rule.. there are very few players who were better than him in his prime and he could prove handy for us against the top teams, especially with the city game coming up.

A season  long deal at the least wouldn't do us any harm.

General

Ps his agent has just ruled out palace and West ham.. mocked the fact Roy doesn't know the birthday's of his players so how could yaya.. then said wasnt west ham.. yaya is a champion and not for a last placed team. Haha.

General

So that'd leave spurs, arsenal or Chelsea... if not then Watford at a stretch or would then have to be us... would be suprised if it were us though

hovewhite

I'd be surprised if it is us,if it is then would be interested to see him adding his experience to our squad.

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing would surprise me, I cannot see Arsenal or Chelsea being on the shortlist.
Which leaves just Tottenham Hotspur, AFC Wimbledon and Fulham FC as the front runners.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 29, 2018, 06:32:05 AM
Nothing would surprise me, I cannot see Arsenal or Chelsea being on the shortlist.
Which leaves just Tottenham Hotspur, AFC Wimbledon and Fulham FC as the front runners.

As someone who is generally ITK more than most that makes it sound as if it may actually be us. Any way you can give us a more concrete hint?

bog

Whoever sign him had better not forget his birthday cake..... :005:

092.gif

bornafulhamfan

I would take him. I think we have a good fitness department, as last year we almost didn't rotate the squad and we were playing two games in a week some times, so I think they could get the best out of Yaya Toure. He is also a born leader and Zambos idol, so as someone already mentioned he could tutor Zambo, and next year we'll have a beast. Would definitely take him.

New Kid on the Block

As DevonFFC said, he would probably upset the dressing room. Any adult who makes such a big fuss over not receiving a birthday card is, to me, a massive prima donna. As good as he was, it's a major swerve for me.

brightster

Think this unsettling the team is very exploited by the press, you need to watch the documentary about City, they love him their especially the Chaiman, he has even got a statue now outside the ground, he is a city legend.
Yaya comes across as a very humble gental giant, and think his attitude would fit in to our set up quite easily.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: brightster on August 29, 2018, 09:30:07 AM
Think this unsettling the team is very exploited by the press, you need to watch the documentary about City, they love him their especially the Chaiman, he has even got a statue now outside the ground, he is a city legend.
Yaya comes across as a very humble gental giant, and think his attitude would fit in to our set up quite easily.
Plus he already played in teams with the same style of play as us. Barcelona and City both play possession based football.

Nero

Be Celtic then, ease his way into retirement.

bornafulhamfan

We're currently the second favorites to sign him according to SkyBet. Arsenal are first.

KJS

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 29, 2018, 09:43:22 AM
We're currently the second favorites to sign him according to SkyBet. Arsenal are first.

Can't see the point as he is on a downward spiral at the end of his career

bornafulhamfan

Now that it turns out you can still sign free agents, would you go for Lacina Traore. He could be a decent backup for Mitro, 203 centimeters tall, strong, pretty fast for his height, and decent footwork.

DevonFFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 29, 2018, 09:43:22 AM

We are now favourites at 11/8