watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Dempsey Retires

Started by PaulUMD, August 29, 2018, 05:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulUMD

Put out a statement today saying he was stepping away from the game for good. He and the club never got the storybook ending together due to Clint's ambition and the club's imminent relegation, but there was a lot if magic during his time at Fulham.

Holders

He was a great Fulham player who ultimately won Roy over and gave us one of our finest moments. I wish him a happy retirement.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

Will always be part of the legend of his time with us. Nobody will forget his Juventus goal. Happy memories and I guess once his time was over here it all fell a little flat. But great times and nothing but good luck to him in the future.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bornafulhamfan

Happy retirement Clint! Was a great player in his prime.

elgreenio

going to focus on his music career???

Wonderful player for us, in the most part anyway.
touch my camera through the fence

Carborundum

Absolutely terrific player.  Brave, great finder of space, scored one of the best headed goals I have ever seen.  Quite good at chipping under pressure too.  Wish him all the best.

Fernhurst

Wonderful player for us in his prime, culminating in a quite majestic goal never to be forgotten.

Thank you Clint and every good wish to you and your family whatever you decide to do next.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

richnj

Beat me to the post.. Dempsey will always be a great, especially for U.S. Soccer.  I say if Spurs didn't steal him (and Dembele) away, we would have never gone down.

cmg

Top man for us.

I'm sure he will get plenty of interesting offers and remain in the game in some capacity.

Andy S

Top man Clint Dempsey. Thank you for the memories @nd good luck in your retirement and the rest of your mifepristone whatever it involves

fulham traveller

A Fulham legend there is no doubt, and that goal will live with me forever

gezkc

A great player for Fulham and provided a lot of very happy memories. Thanks for everything, Clint, and enjoy your retirement!

KingofCheese

Thanks Clint for all the memories. It's great supporting a club over the years and having so many great players (or not so great) that become legends for you. Good luck in everything you do now.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

The Swan

When we signed Clint I thought he was another poor American player.
I saw clips of him on UTube and thought he looked a good player.
When he played for us it was one of the best signings we had ever made.
His style of play and his goal scoring record were outstanding.

I agree with the clip describing the goal he scored against Juve as out all time great goals.

Good luck Clint to you and your family hope you have a happy retirement.

Don't forget to come and visit Craven Cottage. We will make you very welcome.
The Swan

Herbie

Clint will always hold a special place in my Fulham memories as he scored some important goals for us.  I'll never forget the feeling when that chip against Juve hit the back of the net. I was sad to see him leave us when he decided to move on, but he deserved the chance at taking the next step.  Thanks for the memories, Deuce.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

A great player for us and that goal against Juventus is  one always to be remembered.

Funny thing is I think that season he had when he scored  17 premiership  goals made Spurs think of him as a striker and they then wanted him.
In fact he was great as a midfielder for us but never shone for Spurs as a striker.

Dodgin

Good player for us, wish him well.

bobby01

Good luck Clint,enjoy the retirement. Great memories always put in a shift, top fella.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

The Rock

Good luck to Clint - just shows how far we had fallen and how far we have come. It all changed when Maf checked out and Dembele and Dempsey went to Spurs.