watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'Piegate'

Started by Chesh, September 03, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

What's the story regarding the pie throwing incident on Saturday which seems to have got a tad out of hand.

I keep seeing references to it but what actually happened?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

flyingfish

Someone posted on the club's facebook page that they had been hit by a flying pie on Saturday that ruined his new white home shirt and spattered about seven other people. It was a general rant about beer/food being thrown.

It got picked up on Social media and used by fans of other clubs  as an example of 'typical' Fulham fans, the essence of it all being that he should 'man-up' and stop being so 'precious'. A fair few Fulham fans joined in with it, I see on social media as well.

Lighthouse

Will nobody think of that poor wasted pie?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Sounds a load of pie in the sky to me

Carborundum

A pie with sufficient filling to spatter seven other people?  At a football match?  Really?

Hercule Poirot would smell a rat.

bog

I can see this being made into a film...The Life Of Pie.   :022:

092.gif

Vinnieffc

Or 'The Lie  Of  Pie' as Carbs puts it.  7 splattered with a football club  pie suggests 2 shooters, one in the Amex Grassy Knoll.  Someone's hiding something..

Neil D

Musk has been involved in a controversy recently.  I think they're calling it Elongate.

Stevieboy

Obviously a Pukka Chukka......

Andy S

I'm glad people think it's funny sadly I don't !

cottage expat

I heard that the fan who was hit was a Scotsman ( Pied piper).

alfie

Initially it was mildly amusing but now just plain boring, bit like Mornington Crescent (one for us older members).
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham Tup North

:012: One of the supporters, who was drunk, was hit in the face.  :016:
Pie-eyed apparently!
:wine:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

love4ffc

Can't help but wonder, if the show was on the other foot and the fan hit by the pie ruining their brand new Fulham shirt was one of those who finds this funny, how they would have reacted?  Personally I would have been upset too.  Guess most people think that Fulham shirts are cheap so no big deal. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Although beer being thrown is annoying, it will come out in the wash. A pie won't, it'll stain. And people are rightly proud of their football tops, which aren't cheap. I'd be fuming too. It's an idiotic and childish thing to do.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

aFFCn_Fan

So, I've seen bits about this, but what's not 100% clear, was it Fulham on Fulham piolence? (*sorry)
Serious question, was it one of our own who threw it? Or did it come from a Brighton section?
@hincharoo

Mince n Tatties

Being investigated by Inspector Pie-rot  :Get Coat gif:

MJG

Firstly it would be annoying and would be rightly pissed off, but id not moan about it Facebook or social media.
But it does highlight a wider issue of respect. We have seen it in the standing discussion, it involves the whole throwing of beer in the air on concourses at HT and with this throwing of food.
We all goto to football for our own reasons and enjoy watching it in different ways. But there is a minority where its more the action of being somewhere rather than the actual game that matters. They are there to let off steam have a good time and that's fine, but they can do it with ruining it for others. Saturday I went to game, met up with friends and family beforehand, had a few beers outside and inside, watched the game with all its highs and lows and came away having enjoyed the afternoon. It didn't involve  upsetting anyone, throwing beer in the air or even one pie(have you see the cost) at anyone. But unfortunately what I have described will be seen by some to not be enough, they have to either get coked up, have ten shots, upset own fans through various ways and see that they had a great crack, if that hasn't happened it's been a poor day in their eyes.
We are all fans, just a bit of respect for everyone means we can all enjoy it in our own ways while cheering on the team we all support and the better we will all feel for it.
Just the views of a long term fan

Take Me Home MAF

Agree with a lot of this. People go to the football to let off steam, if its impacting other peoples day then that is unfair.

If people are throwing beer everywhere and everyone being hit is game, then thats not an issue at all.

In relation to piegate, the bloke has got hit with a pie, I doubt with any intent, and then decided to go on a rant on FB. The rant was cringe and fits the stereotype other fans are attaching to us so it blew up.

The person now being vilified had a rant on public domain and should have thought twice before doing so. Not sure why there was need to do this at all to be honest.

The nature of the beast is there is no limits to where it can end up.

Lighthouse

Right then. For all those on this thread who object to a bit of levity about someone throwing a pie at it staining a fans very expensive shirt. If we all said 'oh my God this is awful what is the World coming to'? It would be very boring. Fact remains if you wish to purchase an expensive shirt and wear amongst a crowd of people, most of whom you don't know, some of whom pee in the streets instead of waiting in line after the match to go to the toilet, some of whom buy pies and drink because for some reason they cannot go for a few hours without stuffing their faces. Many of whom jump up and block the view of others because they are too stupid to realise that if they all stayed where they were they could all see the match. Then wearing an expensive shirt instead of a cheap knock off you are always in danger of having your shirt spoiled. It is called life. Pie happens. If you cant smile about it then life will be a very long journey of dry filling without the gravy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope