watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How good is harvey elliot?

Started by Huxley, September 05, 2018, 04:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

Anyone seen this kid play? What i gather from google is that he is a winger and the next big thing. 15. Would be great if the club updated the team profiles. Or is it a data protection/age thing? Anyway, great experience for him heading to Spain to train with teh 1st team.

res

Not seen him play (which is an unhelpful response) but was wondering whether we will have a gap before we have another set of young players coming through. The U18 and U 23 results are poor this season, possibly due partly to the age and physical differences between our players compared with our opponents...poor results at these levels are not something to be too worried about, just as good results are not something to get too excited about.
So, has anyone who has watched the U18s and U23s got any comments about up and coming players at these levels?

aaronmcguigan

We have players like Kait, Sessegnon and Fossey who would instantly improve the u23 results but I've no idea why any of them aren't playing.

Other than those, we've given a lot of them opportunities out on loan this season like Edun, Humphrys, JDT, Adebayo, Rodak, Norman .

The under 23 results are poor due to the disruption of the loans, as well as trying to find decent formation and tactics with whatever players we have left. The offal shows our 5 u23 matches having 3 formations;
3-5-1-1
4-2-3-1
4-3-3

I wouldn't worry about results at that level as long as they're developing, but worry if the transition from Grant to Pembridge is an issue too?

The likes of Elliott and Ashby Hammond do seem like great prospects though

fulhamben

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 05, 2018, 07:19:22 PM
We have players like Kait, Sessegnon and Fossey who would instantly improve the u23 results but I've no idea why any of them aren't playing.

Other than those, we've given a lot of them opportunities out on loan this season like Edun, Humphrys, JDT, Adebayo, Rodak, Norman .

The under 23 results are poor due to the disruption of the loans, as well as trying to find decent formation and tactics with whatever players we have left. The offal shows our 5 u23 matches having 3 formations;
3-5-1-1
4-2-3-1
4-3-3

I wouldn't worry about results at that level as long as they're developing, but worry if the transition from Grant to Pembridge is an issue too?

hmm surely they should be playing 4 3 3 every week as to get them up to speed for the first team. As like you say, results are irrelevant
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Saw the obscure name on the list of players heading to Spain and wondered who he was.

An article in a quick Google search says he's a 15 (maybe sixteen now) year old and playing for our U18's.. further articles say he's a prodigy, being chased by Barcelona etc, scored a hat-trick, set up goals..

Anyone have further insights? Sounds like an English name? A local lad? Plays for England u15's.

Woolly Mammoth

Harvey Elliott, English midfielder still only 15 and playing in our U/18s.
Got Barcelona and Chelsea sniffing round as usual.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

res

3-5-1-1
4-2-3-1
4-3-3

Stephen Sessegnon, Fossey and Kait are probably training with the first team and are part of the wider squad on match day (i.e. on top of the 11 and named subs.). The club must think that it's better for their development compared with playing in the U23s...which shows that the U23 league does little, if anything, to prepare players for first team action.
"Older" players (i.e. late teens/early 20s) like Atkinson and Davies must feel a bit despondent being the mainstays of the U23s but seeing others getting contact with the first team...no idea how good they are/could be.

f bloke

He is similar in size and build to Patrick Roberts and like Roberts is played as an inverted winger. He is similar in style and approach. Too soon to tell if he is of that standard. I am not convinced Roberts will make it as an inverted winger, he is too easy to read by the better defenders. Frei suffered from the same. I hope that Elliott is given the opportunity to play more centrally at times. Not that many play inverted to a very high level and those that do tend to be reasonably two footed.

elgreenio

Quote from: f bloke on September 06, 2018, 12:36:04 PM
He is similar in size and build to Patrick Roberts and like Roberts is played as an inverted winger. He is similar in style and approach. Too soon to tell if he is of that standard. I am not convinced Roberts will make it as an inverted winger, he is too easy to read by the better defenders. Frei suffered from the same. I hope that Elliott is given the opportunity to play more centrally at times. Not that many play inverted to a very high level and those that do tend to be reasonably two footed.

Not seen this lad play but he's in very good hands that's for sure.

How do you mean too easy to read by the way? Roberts was the hardest to read out of the bunch around his years as he could go either way, compared to say Frei, Mesca or either of the Williams' (even Kavanagh or Richards who played further forward on occasion)
touch my camera through the fence

cmg

Thanks. Good to hear from someone who has actually seen him perform.

I've watched a few minutes of him on ffctv. Would it not be fair to say that he is a rather more robust looking figure than Pat Roberts was at that age?

Porthogs FC

Quote from: elgreenio on September 06, 2018, 12:53:34 PM

Not seen this lad play but he's in very good hands that's for sure.

How do you mean too easy to read by the way? Roberts was the hardest to read out of the bunch around his years as he could go either way, compared to say Frei, Mesca or either of the Williams' (even Kavanagh or Richards who played further forward on occasion)

It's Patty, Hyndman and Dembele that I'm pissed we missed out on because of our Championship status. Think if they would have stayed we would have even one more extra gear and they would have developed better than they have.

hovewhite

Quote from: res on September 06, 2018, 11:53:33 AM

3-5-1-1
4-2-3-1
4-3-3

Stephen Sessegnon, Fossey and Kait are probably training with the first team and are part of the wider squad on match day (i.e. on top of the 11 and named subs.). The club must think that it's better for their development compared with playing in the U23s...which shows that the U23 league does little, if anything, to prepare players for first team action.
"Older" players (i.e. late teens/early 20s) like Atkinson and Davies must feel a bit despondent being the mainstays of the U23s but seeing others getting contact with the first team...no idea how good they are/could be.
as is o,Riley on a regular basis training alongside,seri,and co.

cmg

Stephen Sessegnon is with England u19

Luca A-H is with England u18 in Limoges

cmg

England u18 win the Limoges tournement by beating France 2-1 having, during the week, beaten Russia and Netherlands.
As reported by the organisers: "LIVE SCORE LFA: Victory of England 2/1 in front of France and winning the #lfa2018 tournament with a cardboard full of 3 victories in front of the Netherlands, France and Russia."

So congratulations to England for their 'cardboard full of victories'.
I think tht wraps it up.

hovewhite

Harvey to be given a debut at First team level,at 15 slav must rate him big-time so that's good enough for me.

Barrett487

Loan Deal For Kait
Wednesday 31 January 2018 23:43

The Club can confirm that Mattias Kait has joined Scottish Premiership outfit Ross County on loan for the remainder of the season.

It marks a first loan spell for the 19-year-old Estonia international, and he joins George Williams in heading to Scotland's top flight for the final months of the campaign.

The Staggies, who are managed by Owen Coyle, currently sit bottom of the standings and take on Dundee at Dens Park this Saturday.

Jamie88

Quote from: Barrett487 on September 10, 2018, 07:42:23 PM

Loan Deal For Kait

The Club can confirm that Mattias Kait has joined Scottish Premiership outfit Ross County on loan for the remainder of the season.

It marks a first loan spell for the 19-year-old Estonia international, and he joins George Williams in heading to Scotland's top flight for the final months of the campaign.

The Staggies, who are managed by Owen Coyle, currently sit bottom of the standings and take on Dundee at Dens Park this Saturday.

That was in January until the end of the season

Barrett487

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 10, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on September 10, 2018, 07:42:23 PM

Loan Deal For Kait

That was in January until the end of the season

My bad,... thanks for correcting

Friendsoffulham

Fernhurst

Thanks for putting this montage together, at least it gives us a glimpse of our new prodigy.

It is clear one thing he doesn't lack is confidence, look forward to seeing him develop in the under 18's
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.