watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team against Millwall 25/09 Carabao Cup

Started by WhiteJC, September 23, 2018, 02:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

do we want a cup run? as fans I suspect we do, Slaviša may want to concentrate on the league however we all know that winning games brings confidence.
So will we go 'full strength' against a Millwall team who are having a tough time in the Championship but will be looking for revenge against last seasons result, or play the '2nd string' or even give some of the youngsters a game?

I think it'll be mainly the 2nd string players unless Tom and Tim are fit enough and need some match fitness so assuming those two aren't quite ready here's my selection...

Rico

Christie     Odoi     MLM     Bryan

Kebano*     StefJo     Cisse

Vietto      Ayite     Kamara

*assuming he's fit

NJFulham

Sess instead of Vietto.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Jamie88

I would like to see something like this:

Rico
Fossey         Odoi           MLM            Bryan

Anguissa     KMac    Francois/de la Torre

Kebano                Kamara            Sessegnon

Gives a good mixture of fringe players, first team players and young players

fulhamben

I wouldn't risk odoi. We will be in real trouble if he gets injured
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

I wouldn't risk Cairney, even if he needs fitness, or Ayite who's just come back from injury.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

St. Andrews White

Fabri
Fossey Mawson MLM Bryan
Anguissa
DLT Cisse
Kebano AK O'Reilly

Mix of fringe players and youngsters who all need minutes.

We all know Fossey, DLT and O'Reilly have promise. Anguissa, Kebano, AK and Fabri all need minutes in case of injuries and could really contribute to the team. Only one which might be a surprise is Mawson: he looked awful yesterday but that's because he needs more time, so give him the full 90 to try bed him in more.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Twig

Odoi is definitely not second string. When will people recognise just how good he is? Would not risk him in this one. Play Chambers and Mawson but swop them around.

Facts Not Fiction

Rico

Christie Odoi MLM Bryan

Ayite Cisse McDonald Sessegnon

Johansen

Kamara

Robbie

Simple, play the players we need for the first team but who need more game time.

Jamie88

Quote from: Twig on September 23, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
Odoi is definitely not second string. When will people recognise just how good he is? Would not risk him in this one. Play Chambers and Mawson but swop them around.

Who said he was second string?

Woolly Mammoth

Mawson needs a run out, to get yesterday's performance out of his system.
His timing and sharpening up and his first touch needs polishing.
Chambers also could do with another match under his belt.  If they can find the cupboard they have accidentally locked Joe Bryan in, him also.
  I wouldn't mind seeing Matt O'Reilly getting a runout.
I want to see us beat Millwall with a clean sheet, another defeat will do us no good.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Mawson and Chambers have to be the first names on the team sheet, they demonstrated yesterday that they are not ready for the premier league.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: filham on September 23, 2018, 06:14:30 PM
Mawson and Chambers have to be the first names on the team sheet, they demonstrated yesterday that they are not ready for the premier league.

Just no Odoi, Fosu, Betts, MLM, Anguissa, Seri, Mitro, Schurrle, Vietto. Everyone else either needs minutes or has disappointed

Brightster#2

——————————Rico————————
Christie——chambers—-Mawson———-MLM
———————-—McDonald————————
———-Cisse—————————-Johansen
Ayite————————————————Sess
—————————Kamara——————-

Subs :    Fabri, Fossey, S Sess, Zambo, de la torre, schurrle, Vietto

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2018, 06:08:11 PM
Mawson needs a run out, to get yesterday's performance out of his system.
His timing and sharpening up and his first touch needs polishing.
Chambers also could do with another match under his belt.  If they can find the cupboard they have accidentally locked Joe Bryan in, him also.
  I wouldn't mind seeing Matt O'Reilly getting a runout.
I want to see us beat Millwall with a clean sheet, another defeat will do us no good.

Remembering how Millwall constantly thump long balls into the box this is exactly the type of opposition that Mawson is built for, Chambers has the height too but would like to see Mawson partnered by Le Marchand. Christie makes sense too, hopefully Bryan gets a game too.
Quark, strangeness and charm

filham

Christie, Chambers, Mawson and Bryan should be the back four and it should be made clear to them that nothing short of a clean sheet will earn them a return to the premier league.

Jamie88

Fossey left out of U23s this evening unless he is injured

Twig

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 23, 2018, 06:00:46 PM

The OP said he thinks it will be "mainly second string players" and included Odoi at CB.

Twig

Quote from: filham on September 24, 2018, 07:07:43 PM
Christie, Chambers, Mawson and Bryan should be the back four and it should be made clear to them that nothing short of a clean sheet will earn them a return to the premier league.

I think that's harsh on Bryan.

Jamie88

Quote from: Twig on September 24, 2018, 08:28:53 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 23, 2018, 06:00:46 PM

The OP said he thinks it will be "mainly second string players" and included Odoi at CB.

Sorry to be pedantic, but that's not necessarily saying Odoi is second string