https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did zambo get on last night?

Started by DevonFFC, September 26, 2018, 08:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Interested to hear from anyone that went to the game please

Jonno

He was excellent throughout. Won the ball constantly and nice passing.

MJG

He was always involved but I did think at times he was a bit lackadaisical with some of his passing in the first half, but still made up with that throughout the half with his drive and aggression.

Second half I thought he was almost faultless. very good performance but i still come away thinking he has a lot more to offer. Its almost like hes on the brink of beijng something special, but we are just waiting.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

One of the £100m summer intake who we are waiting to graduate, so far only Mitrovic has turned out good enough to command a regular first team spot with Shurrle a strong contender.

uninformed

Quote from: filham on September 26, 2018, 10:27:39 AM
One of the £100m summer intake who we are waiting to graduate, so far only Mitrovic has turned out good enough to command a regular first team spot with Shurrle a strong contender.

Not a Seri fan then?

Woolly Mammoth

I feel that all the summer signings will come good, some quicker than others. They should all eventually play their part, and I say that more in confidence than in hope.
Of course there are concerns, but I am sure nothing that training drills, coaching, fitness  and conditioning cannot fine tune, plus confidence from the player himself.
We have now only lost one match in the last six, and that was away to the runaway League Champions which shows we are developing good habits.
The next step, is a very sparkling and very fresh clean sheet.
Now won't that smell sweet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Only saw highlights briefly, but didn't he let his man go for the goal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Scrap that, it was Christie who let his man go
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KJS

Quote from: uninformed on September 26, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

Not a Seri fan then?

He obviously can't have seen Seri play  :doh:

General

What a statement... Seri, schurrle, mitrovic, Bryan and Vietto have all showed a greater quality than we had and are an upgrade whilst have proved themselves to be able to play in the league.

Vietto has set up three goals, Schurrle's scored 2 or 3 now, Seri's scored and set up goals.. out of our attacking contribution those players have contributed more than our other players.

On top of that, why Zambo isn't starting I don't know, he's got more about him than Johansen and mcdonald and has a good understanding with Seri. He's got more energy in his legs and arguably better all round play.. perhaps it's purely due to him needing to just get more familiar with the pace as he's got bags of potential.

For me I'd like to see more of sergio Rico and Maxime Le Marchand start for us - they look our most composed in goal and as a LCB.

nose returns

Quote from: uninformed on September 26, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

Not a Seri fan then?

seri, I think most people would agree, is the stand out signing and whilst he had a stinker at man city, he is truly a class act. I do not count mitro as he was really already one of us.

SG

Just watched the 90 minutes- Zambo and McDonald ran the show, continually picking up the loose ball and looking to drive forward or spread play. I'd like to know how many touches and passes they made during the game

Facts Not Fiction

Disagree. Think TFM, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Schurrle and Vietto all deserve to start, as well as Mitrovic.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 28, 2018, 08:18:46 AM

Disagree. Think TFM, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Schurrle and Vietto all deserve to start, as well as Mitrovic.

I think that's about right and some of the other signings have shown some potential to come good (or in the case of Rico not yet had much of a chance).  However, whether someone agrees exactly with your list or not it's really the dismissive nature of filham's post that I take issue with.

@jolslover

Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2018, 09:46:14 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 28, 2018, 08:18:46 AM

I think that's about right and some of the other signings have shown some potential to come good (or in the case of Rico not yet had much of a chance).  However, whether someone agrees exactly with your list or not it's really the dismissive nature of filham's post that I take issue with.

How was it dismissive ? He just said disagree and gave his opinion. Nothing wrong with that.
STH H3

cmg

Having watched the 90 minute video I would say that, even taking into consideration  the level of the oppo, Anguissa was enormously impressive. Watching him, Diarra sprang to mind. It's a pity he has zero confidence (perhaps he has zero ability in this area!) when faced with a possible goal scoring opportunity. He could be immense.

Also thought that Steven Sessegnon showed every sign of being ready if and when he might be required.

Stevieboy

General

It's amazing to contrast the two clubs. For the last couple of years Millwall had been doing incredibly well at championship level and were top end of the table and a competitive fixture for us..

Now.. they get beaten 3-1 by our second string with an academy player getting motm..

cmg

I find it very odd that Harvey Elliott was considered by so many to be MotM.
Many congratulations to him on his debut at such an age. He played for 8 or 9 minutes, had several touches and looked composed, at home and technically sound. To suggest that he influenced the course of the match in any meaningful way is not really sustainable and his selection as MotM might be seen as a bit of an insult to those who played all, or most, of the game and actully did influence the outcome.

sunburywhite

Quote from: cmg on September 29, 2018, 10:04:51 AM
I find it very odd that Harvey Elliott was considered by so many to be MotM.
Many congratulations to him on his debut at such an age. He played for 8 or 9 minutes, had several touches and looked composed, at home and technically sound. To suggest that he influenced the course of the match in any meaningful way is not really sustainable and his selection as MotM might be seen as a bit of an insult to those who played all, or most, of the game and actully did influence the outcome.

I think you will find everyone was having a little fun
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me