14 (14.6%)
Arsenal
58 (60.4%)

Total Members Voted: 96

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 05, 2018, 11:52:22 AM
Quote from: Riversider on October 05, 2018, 11:30:27 AM
A thought for the day,
"Would our current back 4 be good enough to get us promoted from The Championship ? "

If the answer turns out to be NO, then what the heck is it doing in The Premier League taking on the likes of Arsenal and Man City ?

One small problem in answering your reasonable question is....i am not quite sure what our current back four are.
With Mensah and Bryan injured it becomes easier to select the back four:-

Right Back   Christie

Left back     Sess

Centre backs  any two from Odoi, Chambers, Ream, La Merchand and Mawson.

All have been tried this season, there is no good understanding among any of them, Arsenal strikers will go to bed on Saturday night and dream of hat tricks against all of them.

Oh dear can someone post something positive to give us a little hope .

Riversider

I prefer a flat back 4 but on Sunday is there a case for playing a central 3 of Odoi, Mawson and Ream, with Christie and Sees playing outside of them ?

Grumpy Worthing White

2-0 to Arsenal  093.gif, can`t think why, probably do to the fact I`ve just taken my pain killers and happy tablet   092.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 05, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
A thought for the day,
"Would our current back 4 be good enough to get us promoted from The Championship ? "

If the answer turns out to be NO, then what the heck is it doing in The Premier League taking on the likes of Arsenal and Man City ?

One small problem in answering your reasonable question is....i am not quite sure what our current back four are.

Right Back   Christie

Left back     Sess

All have been tried this season, there is no good understanding among any of them, Arsenal strikers will go to bed on Saturday night and dream of hat tricks against all of them.

best positive i can come up with is that chambers won't be eligible to play against his parent club
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

5 1 arsenal. Will be 3 down inside 30. And hopefully they will ease up on us

YoungsBitter

If you are not sure this will not make you feel better:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/05/unai-emery-arsenal-quiet-revolution-premier-league?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Fiver+2016&utm_term=287168&subid=2016132&CMP=EMCFTBEML853
Basically relentless training, lots of tactical preparation and detailed video analysis of the opposition..
the only positive about the defensive bingo is that he will have 7 different videos on our defense so maybe that get bored and fall asleep watching...
Quark, strangeness and charm

I Ronic

Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2018, 06:03:41 PM
Quote from: filham on October 05, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
A thought for the day,

Right Back   Christie

Left back     Sess

best positive i can come up with is that chambers won't be eligible to play against his parent club

064.gif

They're on a good run atm and we're not. I think we're been unlucky not to have a settled back four. Mainly due to injury and tomorrow isnt going to be a happy one for us. So I'm going for a 4-2 win to us. Just to keep my spirits up till tomorrow afternoon :)

..FOF..

It is a home game. We will always have a chance at home.

1-0

Park the bus and long ball.

RaySmith

Of course, we have a chance, but we probably need some luck for a change, the run of the green, some decisions going in our favour.

But I don't see us parking the bus, that's just not the manager's style, and probably counter-productive anyway.
I think Slav will go for a home  win, hitting them on the break.

Let's hope for the best.

COYW!!!!

filham

You know for the last two seasons our strength has been our mid field trio of Cairney, MacDonald and Johanson, we seem to have lost that midfield advantage advantage this season.

We are all grumbling about our defence but a little midfield dominance tomorrow would not go amiss, we need:-

Cairney fit

Seri on his best form, he can be brilliant
Anguisa to show us how good he is, so far he has not lived up to his reputation.

I would be quite happy conceding a couple more goals if we can create chances and score three.

skoczk00

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on October 06, 2018, 05:27:07 AM
Of course, we have a chance, but we probably need some luck for a change, the run of the green, some decisions going in our favour.

But I don't see us parking the bus, that's just not the manager's style, and probably counter-productive anyway.
I think Slav will go for a home  win, hitting them on the break.

Let's hope for the best.

COYW!!!!
have you seen our defence, it would be more akin to parking a clowns car than it would a bus.

filham

Quote from: skoczk00 on October 06, 2018, 10:24:15 AM
2-1 049:gif
First post and a confident prediction, hopefully the words will come with the second post and say "I told you so "

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 06, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
Quote from: skoczk00 on October 06, 2018, 10:24:15 AM
2-1 049:gif
First post and a confident prediction, hopefully the words will come with the second post and say "I told you so "
let's hope so, although don't think me nerves could handle such a small margin of victory

Fulhamfan666

2-2 draw or a sneaky 2-1 to teh mighty whites  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

It's 11 v 11 providing the referee does not award the usual procedure of a soft penalty to Arsenal.
We stand more that a chance of a result providing we do not self destruct by making unforced errors.
The defence has to be shielded by the players further forward when we lose the ball, this will be no picnic.
But we have to, and it's imperative we start off on the right foot at our tempo not there's.
We cannot afford to show respect, we must make them respect us.
They have their own Achilles heals.
A lot may depend on our starting line up, we may need that extra defender.
It's at home, and that will most definitely favour us, Arsenal are never comfortable in environments like Fulham.
But it will take more than that to beat them.
We have to run further, and longer and quicker than them for the duration of the game.
No more bad halves.
We have to win our battles all over the pitch.
If they score first, and early on, it will show exactly how much we can punch our weight, it will test our resolve and spirit, desire, appetite and hunger.
Whatever occurs tomorrow, I hope every Fulham player comes off the pitch looking as though he has put in a decent shift, and given his all, every Fulham player must bust a gut for the Manager, nothing less is acceptable, even in glorious defeat, and it may tell us the players who have the courage to fight their way through adversity, and the ones whose hearts are not in it, and are fair weather players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

1/Joka clearly doesn't know how to solve the problem of our defence I think it is time for him to move on.

2/ We played well and were a little unlucky and still need time to find the right solution

3/ Arsenal are one of the most established sides did anybody think we would have a chance?

4/ Blimey nobody really expected us to play so well and get  a result. Well done the mighty Whites.

Please delete wrong predictions to leave the right prediction after the game
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

5/ I knew you could do it Fulham, never doubted the team for a second, it just goes to show what you can achieve with total commitment and workrate and belief in your ability.
Thank you for a glorious victory of epic proportions.
Drinks are on the house.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

I agree that Arsenal is not the same Arsenal of the past half dozen years or so, BUT, I fear a drubbing this weekend.  Cottagers defense has shown no signs of improvement or capability.  Really disappointed in the Everton result, fully expected a much better outcome.  I hope to heck I'm wrong, but it could be ugly Sunday morn.