Fulham
24 (25%)
Draw
14 (14.6%)
Arsenal
58 (60.4%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Sgt Fulham

1-3 Arsenal. We have a good half but we're just not at the level yet.

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 03, 2018, 08:33:08 PM
If we think about it. Ok both full backs out, so maybe Jok will try something or start a player he may not have done. But it at times like this that coaches and managers will have to think very deeply for long periods of time to see how we as a team can compete against the likes of Arsenal.
So on that basis surely we have to have a lot of traffic in midfield. Not necessary the most technical players, but the most competitive with strong and huge work rates.
At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 but with one important ingredient, it's over 90 plus minutes.
This is where set pieces come Into the equation, as well as making Arsenal feel as though they are playing against 12 or more players, by putting pressure on the ball.
Sow seeds of doubt in the Arsenal players mind.
Whilst we have Mitro on the pitch we will always stand a chance, but he will need support from players with desire.
I expect we will need to score at least one goal to get a result of one kind or another, a scrapy ugly own goal by an Arsenal player will do me, if it gets us at least a point.
There is always the unexpected, which is where managers and coaches earn their salary.

I am not sure where these seeds will come from and I'm not worried about our current back four in that it can't get much worse. Ream, Odoi, Sess, and Christie with MLM available are better than the Mawson and Chambers clown show.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mawson and Chambers proved their worth in 2 months time when ready. But a 4-3-3 that operates as a 4–5-1 most of the time might take on a bit less risk, while still carrying our attacking style.

I actually think it's going to click in the next 4-5 games.

southwest6

filham

Quote from: Robbie on October 03, 2018, 06:41:43 PM
If we play our ponderous passing at the back game they will win 4 nil.
If we park the bus and punt up field to Mitro and AK47 ... we may get something.

Jocanovic will never agree with you, he will again change the players but continue with the tactics that all of our opponents are enjoying. Arsenal will have a field day.

HV71

Quote from: filham on October 04, 2018, 04:54:02 PM
If we park the bus and punt up field to Mitro and AK47 ... we may get something.

Jocanovic will never agree with you, he will again change the players but continue with the tactics that all of our opponents are enjoying. Arsenal will have a field day.

You don't have a very high opinion of the manager do you ? Who would you like to see in charge ? I am intrigued to know what would make you happy and float your boat?

RaySmith

Quote from: HV71 on October 04, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Quote from: filham on October 04, 2018, 04:54:02 PM

You don't have a very high opinion of the manager do you ? Who would you like to see in charge ? I am intrigued to know what would make you happy and float your boat?

Steve Bruce with John Terry as captain- big punt up towards Mitro, put it in the mixer:)

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

It's time, time for us to step up a few gears & gain our second home win @ CC this season

No matter it's Arsenal that's irrelevant, something has to give soon so let's do it against them

COYW, believe & deliver !!

Berserker

1-3 to Arsenal

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wingnut

We may get a draw but the smart money has to be on Arsenal. Think they've won their last 8 in all competitions.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Woolly Mammoth

If we can find a way of keeping the likes of Arsenal at bay without making too many basic mistakes, and break up play, and hold our own at set pieces. As well as play at our tempo not Arsenal's, then we may salvage a draw. A win at this stage I imagine may be too much to ask.
That first 20 minutes will be crucial, concentration has to be faultless.
The first 90 minutes is the most important.
Can we keep a clean sheet ? I doubt it, so to stand any chance of a result, we have to score first.
One things for sure, we have to have two good halves.
A bad first half, and it could be a long afternoon.
A bad second half and all the good work in the first half has been unnecessary wasted.
Two bad half's and the players confidence could be shot, and an even far worse goal difference than we already currently have.
So what hope is there, well there is no pressure, all and sundry are expecting Arsenal to win.
Well their Achilles heal under Wenger was that they were very fragile when bullied.
Under the new manager their mentality has yet to be tested.
Fulhams mentality will be tested.
Slavisa will not want to be humiliated, he is a very very proud man. So I can only imagine he will give the players the team talk of the year.
If we lose, it will not be the end of the world, but it may feel like it.
But Monday morning we will all wake up, and the sun will still be shining, and we move on to the next challenge.
Not one step back. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

A thought for the day,
"Would our current back 4 be good enough to get us promoted from The Championship ? "

If the answer turns out to be NO, then what the heck is it doing in The Premier League taking on the likes of Arsenal and Man City ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on October 03, 2018, 09:28:44 PM
Not confident I'm afraid especially if we give them an early goal.  Pretty sure the ref will give them a soft penalty to help them on their way.

Normally standard procedure in matches of this nature, is that the referee will very kindly hand a soft penalty to the so called big clubs.
Because that's what referees do.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on October 05, 2018, 11:30:27 AM
A thought for the day,
"Would our current back 4 be good enough to get us promoted from The Championship ? "

If the answer turns out to be NO, then what the heck is it doing in The Premier League taking on the likes of Arsenal and Man City ?

One small problem in answering your reasonable question is....i am not quite sure what our current back four are.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

I have never predicted a Fulham defeat in my life & don´t intend to start now. A 2-2 draw for me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Luka

Quote from: Riversider on October 05, 2018, 11:30:27 AM
A thought for the day,

Ream : Yes
Bryan : yes
Odoi  : yes
TFM : Yes
Mawson : Yes
M L M : Maybe
Christie : No
Chambers : No

Burt

Two things going in our favour:

They were distinctively average against Watford last weekend, and fortunate to come away with the points.

A blank sheet is well overdue.

So I'll go for a highly improbable 0-0, whilst recognizing that it is more likely to be 0-3  :dft011:

filham

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Quote from: Berserker on October 04, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
1-3 to Arsenal

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm going with this. Don't see we have much of a chance as we will concede at least twice based on results to date