more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So called supporters doing us down

Started by ken 44, October 06, 2018, 06:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 06, 2018, 09:59:02 PM
I remember pre-internet, bumping into a Fulham fan was a delight. They were your best mate for a short while. depending on where you were, you could literally spend a few hours with them, reminiscing the bad and the bad times.

Then the net came along and the first few forums were born. These were magical. TIFF founded by Thorpey was an amazing place and it did have that feel of these were your mates. Many freindships formed and still going strong.

Sadly, this did change. I'm guessing just the popularity and the boards have just lost that bit of sparkle. Debates dont seem to be the same, its either right or wrong, no backing down. We definately had the crown for gallows humour. It's what made us fulham and not chelsea.

But, there does seem to be a very very small but very vocal few posters who seem disgruntled with Fulham like you would be with your local council. Not trusting them, not really liking them and leaning on the garden fence grumbling about them to yiour neighbour because they havent picked the bins up this week.

Fulham fc to me is the secret love of my life. I fancied her right at the start and still do. I know she will always let me down eventually, she flirts with my mates and always has a drink too many and makes a fool of herself. Some nights I swear I'll leave her in the morning but never do.
Then every once in a while, she turns up and she looks like the most amazing thing in the world and sets the world alight and for that moment I know why I stuck with her and for those nights, under the lights, it all makes sense.

Great post, one of the best ever I have read on here.
Haven't posted for while as I couldn't be bothered to surroind myself with all the negativity about the team, club, ground and the owners, nothing seems ever right for a few on this board.
This well written post has put faith back into knowing it's not all bad!

Logicalman

Quote from: ken 44 on October 06, 2018, 06:07:07 PM
I have read posts by a chap called Riversider and another called Rm
and if you read their posts you may or may not share my opinion that
if they are supporters there the type this club can do without.

With respect Ken, perhaps you need to just accept that not all supporters of the club will share your opinion, but that is not to say they are either less passionate or less well-informed, or better either way, than yourself.

In the same manner and reasoning you use to deride others as to their faithfulness, perhaps they may think the same as you do, but about you. In both cases it is divisive and likely to raise heated opinion to no good end.

FoF is a forum for all Fulham supporters, and where different opinions are always welcomed, suggesting one or more members are not what the club needs is neither for you, or others on here, to question.  By all means argue points that you disagree with, that is a purpose of a forum, but please refrain from posting such remarks towards others based on your opinion.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

PartizanFC

I think this kind of topics didnt help at all,just make bad blood between fans
Everybody have a right to opinion,even we who support Fulham after Mitro came.You cant beleive how many suporters Fulham have in Serbia...and that base is raising
No need for negativity...we all expect better just some of us dont have nerves to wait and expect instant succes..Money is important,100 mils are not small amount...perhaps in some weaker ligue results would come faster,but this is Premiere ligue...this time last year we was in situation where is Preston North End now...2% of fans beleived in promotion,how many wanted Joka to leave?

I know one thing...i woke up at 6 am and first thing on my mind was...game starts in 7 hours :P...coffie was second thought..Greetings and enjoy..i envy on every fulham fan who can watch this game today at stadium

colinwhite

Quote from: brightster on October 07, 2018, 05:04:24 AM
I remember pre-internet, bumping into a Fulham fan was a delight. They were your best mate for a short while. depending on where you were, you could literally spend a few hours with them, reminiscing the bad and the bad times.

Then the net came along and the first few forums were born. These were magical. TIFF founded by Thorpey was an amazing place and it did have that feel of these were your mates. Many freindships formed and still going strong.

Sadly, this did change. I'm guessing just the popularity and the boards have just lost that bit of sparkle. Debates dont seem to be the same, its either right or wrong, no backing down. We definately had the crown for gallows humour. It's what made us fulham and not chelsea.

But, there does seem to be a very very small but very vocal few posters who seem disgruntled with Fulham like you would be with your local council. Not trusting them, not really liking them and leaning on the garden fence grumbling about them to yiour neighbour because they havent picked the bins up this week.

Fulham fc to me is the secret love of my life. I fancied her right at the start and still do. I know she will always let me down eventually, she flirts with my mates and always has a drink too many and makes a fool of herself. Some nights I swear I'll leave her in the morning but never do.
Then every once in a while, she turns up and she looks like the most amazing thing in the world and sets the world alight and for that moment I know why I stuck with her and for those nights, under the lights, it all makes sense.

Great post, one of the best ever I have read on here.
Haven't posted for while as I couldn't be bothered to surroind myself with all the negativity about the team, club, ground and the owners, nothing seems ever right for a few on this board.
This well written post has put faith back into knowing it's not all bad!
Eloquently put Beds ! great post in a pretty sad  thread.

SuffolkWhite

:wow:  0001.jpeg
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RaySmith

Great post - really  describes the bitter/ sweet nature of following Fulham.

MJG

It's a great post as I mentioned below but I thought I'd comment on this part.
I've always looked as forums as an extension of the pub where you would meet like minded people and just in real life there are some after meeting them a few times you begin to know their character traits.
There are the happy go lucky ones, the over optimistic, the moaners, the realists and so on.
By now the ones on here who have been around the longest can almost tell the tone of a post before even reading it. The same people who are seen as negative at the moment are the same ones... Almost saying the same... As this time last year. Some of it almost word for word the same comments when you look back.
On the flip side those asking for patience or at least not seeing everything as doom and gloom are the same. There are some people I skim read and others who I take time over. Just as I expect mine are looked at as well.
No one is right or wrong with an opinion, but we all know negativity wears people down and does you turn off in whatever area it is.
Just the views of a long term fan

Jem

Sorry Ken but I do not agree with you. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion on a forum. That is the whole idea. If an individual annoys you that much you can scroll passed them or even put them on your ignore list so you don't have to see what they have written. With Fulham it's more a case of we can do with every supporter rather than do without.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Peabody

You are all ignoring one important thing, Ken is expressing an opinion as well, so you can't say everyone is only expressing an opinion, except you Ken.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Peabody on October 07, 2018, 10:36:47 AM
You are all ignoring one important thing, Ken is expressing an opinion as well, so you can't say everyone is only expressing an opinion, except you Ken.

Ken, whoever 5 post Ken is, is also calling out certain member on this forum, he's dropped a big bomb, walked away, and will watch what happens. I'm sorry Peabody, but, this isn't someone with an opinion, more a WUM, who is looking to cause a divide, or single out certain people.

Best thing people can do, is ignore this post.

Logicalman

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 07, 2018, 10:55:53 AM
Quote from: Peabody on October 07, 2018, 10:36:47 AM

Ken, whoever 5 post Ken is, is also calling out certain member on this forum, he's dropped a big bomb, walked away, and will watch what happens. I'm sorry Peabody, but, this isn't someone with an opinion, more a WUM, who is looking to cause a divide, or single out certain people.

Best thing people can do, is ignore this post.

Quite correct, will be watching future posts, WUMs aren't welcome.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: MJG on October 06, 2018, 10:08:49 PM

one of the best posts on here in a long time.

Words out of my mouth MJG

Baszab

Can I say that was crap by the manager ?

Baszab

Lighthouse

Second half collapse again. Another tonking when we were well in it in the first half. But let's not be critical or question the players or coach. Let us be happy and skip merrily in the long grass of hope and remember we all love each other and all support the same bunch of wonderful human beings.

All together now. Love one another and no complaints. After all we only pass this way once.

Is this ok because frankly the vein on my forehead is beginning to pulsate again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 07, 2018, 01:51:43 PM
Second half collapse again. Another tonking when we were well in it in the first half. But let's not be critical or question the players or coach. Let us be happy and skip merrily in the long grass of hope and remember we all love each other and all support the same bunch of wonderful human beings.

All together now. Love one another and no complaints. After all we only pass this way once.

Is this ok because frankly the vein on my forehead is beginning to pulsate again.

+1.  That was tripe and nobody can make excuses for it. 

andyk

I think today might be one of those days when she had too many Vodkas, threw her chips on the floor and fell down in the gutter waving her knickers in the air.

the nutflush

Haha.  My wife's done that a couple of times and I had to carry her home.  One day I'm going to leave her there.

Woolly Mammoth

The International break has come at a time, when we need to look at why we have conceded 4 second half goals against a rampant Arsenal team.
But the first thing that came to my mind, is our marking is so loose.
Some of our deficiencies are basic, others are much more worrying.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 06, 2018, 09:38:52 PM
The worst kind of human being are the ones who have to divide people who support the same idea, club, religion, political party. Not divide through argument and debate but through accusing one set of supporters of being less than another set of supporters. We can never do without fans who have an opinion. I don't care if you have supported the club longer than me or have only been a fan for a few hours. But please don't ever suggest we can do without fans who simply offer an opinion. If you don't agree with it. Then you debate the point. If you only want positive support don't read Football threads and join a cult that blindly follows a leader or idea without question.

For me I will always prefer a debate and a good argument with somebody who is a real fan and happy to express their opinion even if it is less than supportive. Otherwise this place becomes very dull. The real fans are the ones who feel secure enough to tell the truth as they see it.
This applies in all aspects of life as well

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.