watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our style

Started by Speranza, October 07, 2018, 02:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speranza

I just think the current style is not suited to the premier league (with the current quality of players).
We can't keep losing by these margins...

It's becoming a case of who will give us points, rather than who can we take points from

Woolly Mammoth

Another sleepless night for Slavisa, as this problem is not going to go away overnight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Speranza

When you have to treat Cardiff away as a champions league final, maybe that's the top.. :(

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly, but it is what it is, and that is where we are in the cold light of day. A potential six pointer Cup Final is the be all and end all currently in Fulhams immediate future. The players have to step up alongside the manager, this is where we separate the men from the boys.
I am even prepared to sit in the Dugout alongside Slavisa to offer my moral support, and to growl at Neil Warlock, who I have nothing against, but he and his Cardiff team are standing between Fulham and three  massive survival points, " come on Fulham ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes, next match is a  relegation six pointer, not what we wanted is it.

The big question is , is our bad form down to the £100m worth of players we purchased in the summer or to the tactics employed by the head coach.

Jocanovic made in clear in a major article in yesterday's Telegraph that he does not have the last word in signings.

JoelH5

Tactics. Simple as. How can we expect to stop teams scoring when our fullbacks are in the opponent's final third for most of the game? We need to be more defensively minded with the wing backs. We won't score as many but we won't conceed 4/5 a week
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Milo

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:33:35 PM

The big question is , is our bad form down to the £100m worth of players we purchased in the summer or to the tactics employed by the head coach.

Jocanovic made in clear in a major article in yesterday's Telegraph that he does not have the last word in signings.

Lack of signing full backs in summer that are key to our style and formation. Also two Premiership defenders in Mawson and Chambers not being good enough so far.

Lighthouse

This is the worst start to a Prem season for any Fulham side in goodness knows how long. Clearly the team isn't poorer than some of the teams we put out in the past. Is the Prem that much better than it was last time we were here. Or are we simply tactically naive? I think the answer is our style is too easy for most teams to compete against.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:33:35 PM

If Jokanovic can't get this set of players working, then the buck stops with him.

Having players with the quality like Fosu Mensah, Seri, Schurrle, Vietto and Mitrovic is rare for a newly promoted side.

Facts Not Fiction

We are very naive. Thinking about attacking and attacking only is costing us. The 3 forwards has to stop until we sort the defence out.

Having 3 CMs in front of the back 5 is the way to go.

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 07, 2018, 07:18:13 PM
This is the worst start to a Prem season for any Fulham side in goodness knows how long. Clearly the team isn't poorer than some of the teams we put out in the past. Is the Prem that much better than it was last time we were here. Or are we simply tactically naive? I think the answer is our style is too easy for most teams to compete against.
I do think the PL is that much better. The top 4 has become really top 6 and the more money in teh league has meant teams that we may have considered ona par with 5 years ago are ahead of that level now.
And we have played 3 of that top 6 in the 8 games.
The top 6 big team have got 76% of the available points they could have got, thats about 10% better than they did across the whole season last year. Its bloody hard.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Quote from: MJG on October 07, 2018, 07:24:54 PM
I do think the PL is that much better. The top 4 has become really top 6 and the more money in teh league has meant teams that we may have considered ona par with 5 years ago are ahead of that level now.
The top 6 big team have got 76% of the available points they could have got, thats about 10% better than they did across the whole season last year. Its bloody hard.

On the other hand we have been given early Christmas presents in the form of Huddersfield and Cardiff, who are two exceptionally poor teams, and an implosion at Newcastle. 17th is slightly flattering us insofar as 5 pts from 8 games is bottom-of-the-league form. I mentioned on another thread the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11pts... As it happens it this stage of the season they had they same rally we have now.

RaySmith

I do think  getting new players to gel together, and injuries, play a big part.

We only had a very short period, after Wembley,  to get in a number of quality players, many of them new to English football,  and integrate them into the team. Plus all the injuries.

And,as MJG says, the Prem is now  such a tough league, with top teams spending fortunes on players, that make the money we've spent  almost insignificant in comparison.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on October 07, 2018, 07:37:06 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 07, 2018, 07:24:54 PM

On the other hand we have been given early Christmas presents in the form of Huddersfield and Cardiff, who are two exceptionally poor teams, and an implosion at Newcastle. 17th is slightly flattering us insofar as 5 pts from 8 games is bottom-of-the-league form. I mentioned on another thread the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11pts... As it happens it this stage of the season they had they same rally we have now.
agree in part, I'd also throw in that having played three of the top six we have had a hard start on average. We need six points in next three really to get back on par.
Just the views of a long term fan

Berserker

Is it something you can ask at the FST meeting with Fulham? Fans are concerned, have they got a plan to try and improve things? or is that sort of question out of bounds at the meeting?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.