https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic

Started by Jack78, October 13, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: SG on October 15, 2018, 06:30:17 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 13, 2018, 06:04:21 PM
I just love some of these comments in this post like 'Garbage. Move on' as if people know how the Khan's will manage their investment.

Jokanovic is no more safer than any other manager, and, like it or not, this is a results business over popularity.

We've invested 100M, have the worst goals against in the Prem, sit 3rd from bottom, have a coach who refuses to go back to basics, and, had shuffled his back 4 more than a magicians pack of cards.

He also wants to play a system, that is not effective in the Premiership, and leaves us subject to hammering defeats like Arsenal.

I'm sorry, but logic tells me, that if we don't come away with a min of 6 points in the next 3 games, Slav, like it or not, will be in hot water.

At this point, nether he (Slav) or the Club signed a new contract, saying they'd discuss at Christmas, because he knows, that if results don't change by then, he'll be gone.

Nothing against Slav, really want him to turn this around, but, there's a simple solution.

Start winning games..

Couldn't put it any better. The Board have to be considering alternatives in case there is no improvement in results

and the Khans now know how much relegations costs and how hard it is to get back up

KJS

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 15, 2018, 05:26:46 PM
Quote from: KJS on October 15, 2018, 05:11:56 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 15, 2018, 04:58:10 PM
I absolutely love Slavisa, but I have to take off the rosy eyed specs and admit that we need to pick up a win over the next three games. Cardiff away will not be an easy game, they played well against Spurs. But we need to at the very least get a point and to play well.

We need to take defending seriously, as at the moment it's been amateurish. We can definitely win there if we defend as a unit.

He was offered one after the play off final
I feel the same but I want what is best for FFC so if it means Joka is shown the door due to his inability to turn things around then so be it after all he is showing that he wont commit himself to the club as he is still to sign a new contract

Has he been offered one?

Woolly Mammoth

Whether we like it or not, it's a Results Business, and it's now magnified more because of the money that is at stake.
Of course when performances and results continue to go the wrong way, then there inevitably will be casualties, but it's imperative that it's is not the club that suffers at the end of the day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hoppus

Next three games are very important for Slavisa and the team. A poor performance/result against Cardiff and Huddersfield and I will also ask questions.
I did not expect us to beat top teams like Arsenal, City and Spurs, but maybe many Fulham fans did?

Slavisa said he wanted to play his own style of football in the PL. Maybe that's naive, but I don't think we ever would see a team managed by Slavisa play "kick and run" football.

Slavisa and his team need to sort out how we defend as a team. If they can do that, I think we got enough offensive quality to survive.

Skatzoffc

This all seems a bit knee-jerk to me. But I understand why after the loss to arsenal. What people seem to forget is that they are the form team in the PL.

I don't fool myself to think we would ever get something from that game. Most wouldn't. So this all seems premature to me.

The injuries have hit us badly and we need to get the defense sorted out. The defensive problems for me stem from the midfield and front not defending enough. The new/makeshift defence does not have enough cover. He needs time to get the new midfield to work in his way and with his strategy. It is this strategy that makes our team so exciting to watch.

The next games are crucial to relieve pressure on him but the team's fortunes will turn after we get the defensive side sorted imo.

So I'm happy to give him til Xmas to sort it out. His reluctance to sign a new contract until we are stable in the PL shows his resolve to do the right thing and also the strength of his character to believe in his abilities.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

toshes mate

It is not so strange to find naivety as a word bandied around as a criticism of ex-footballers just turned managers.  It is almost weird to find the same word used against seasoned coaching staff, as if football suddenly goes through a fantastic transformation as it enters its stratosphere, and these coaches just do not know what to do.  I guess a part of that has been the brainwashing required to be unleashed upon supporters to allow themselves to be suckered into accepting the big business model that is the PL.  It is almost as if the celebrity players we see at big clubs never started as kids kicking a ball or sock around and between discarded jackets as they always have done and, hopefully, always will do. 

Of course, if there were a magic formula for success, the bun fight between those with the most money would play itself out rather like a version of groundhog day turned into seasons with the same half dozen of them trying to be best, while the rest have their own mini-league played with slightly more oxygen available and greater variability in outcomes, the familiar scent of uncertainty.  We'd also see discarded managers and coaches in that mini-league the ones who have been to the upper limits of football evolution but appear as 'back home on leave' or 'faulty goods' needy of a bit of restoration.  They'd be players like that too, their fashionable curves having suffered blemishes and hence discarded for a new, mostly more expensive model, often of foreign origin.  They'd be the evidence of things that didn't work. although the testing ground would prove to be a rather flawed exercise all of itself.  I mean what study holds together when it contains so many proofs that there is no magic formula other than money, will, and being too big to fail.

We can all discard something when we believe its flawed, doesn't work, not as advertised on the TV, or whatever, but sometimes we didn't give it long enough, or we expected too much and it is actually things wrong in our head that are making our judgement faulty.  There is also that awful moment when the replacement is actually worse than what we once had.  When you go through these trial and error exercises for long enough you rapidly long for the day when it'll come good, when you find the product you have always been looking for.  You cherish that object when you find it, and you hope you'll never have to let it go.  Of course one day it'll die and you have to replace it and you just cross your fingers and hope that same manufacturer is still in business.....

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

There are still some fans who think it is expected or at least not unexpected to lose heavily to a top team. My point is that we do seem to have one good half and one collapsed half. To me that isn't expected or at least acceptable. Being beaten is one thing. Being humiliated through poor performance or tactics is another.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Though you could argue that having one good half, creating  chances and finishing on level terms, was a positive,
although we ended up getting hammered.

I suppose it's realistic to accept defeat by so called top teams, with their massive  budgets for players, but we should never go into any game expecting to be beaten -we should always think we're in with a chance.
And we did give Arsenal a game, and cause them problems, at least for one half.

But I agree that it isn't acceptable to only play well for one half, and this needs to be dealt with. Is it a mental thing? To do with fitness? Whatever, we need to  try and sort it out, and  play well for the whole game.

MJG

You could flip this discussion about us having one good half and one bad half against Arsenal and say its not good enough by looking at it from Arsenals pov.

Maybe they look back and think we (Arsenal) didnt have a great first half, allowed Fulham to cause us problems and second half we (Arsenal) upped our game and showed what we can do...why didnt we (Arsenal) do that first half?

On the point of expectations, you go into every game wanting to do well and win it. But just because someone thinks that realistically we will do well to get something (or we should batter this team)  is just about admitiing where you are and who you are facing.

Its sport, its unpredictable and thats whats great about it.
Just the views of a long term fan

IKnowNothing

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 16, 2018, 09:44:21 AM
There are still some fans who think it is expected or at least not unexpected to lose heavily to a top team. My point is that we do seem to have one good half and one collapsed half. To me that isn't expected or at least acceptable. Being beaten is one thing. Being humiliated through poor performance or tactics is another.
If you don't accept failure and learn from it you'll never succeed. Risk is necessary. Especially if you want to create something special. I want to see football that is special not mediocre. Time and patience.

Chesh

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 16, 2018, 08:49:34 AM
This all seems a bit knee-jerk to me. But I understand why after the loss to arsenal. What people seem to forget is that they are the form team in the PL.

I don't fool myself to think we would ever get something from that game. Most wouldn't. So this all seems premature to me.

The injuries have hit us badly and we need to get the defense sorted out. The defensive problems for me stem from the midfield and front not defending enough. The new/makeshift defence does not have enough cover. He needs time to get the new midfield to work in his way and with his strategy. It is this strategy that makes our team so exciting to watch.

The next games are crucial to relieve pressure on him but the team's fortunes will turn after we get the defensive side sorted imo.

So I'm happy to give him til Xmas to sort it out. His reluctance to sign a new contract until we are stable in the PL shows his resolve to do the right thing and also the strength of his character to believe in his abilities.

COYW!
0001.jpeg
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Statto

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 16, 2018, 08:49:34 AM

I agree (although would still query whether shipping 5 at home is *ever* acceptable) but if you're going to base expectations on form, then Everton were the "NON-form team in the PL" so we should have got something there.

Like you, my patience hasn't run out yet (we always get better in November don't we!) but IMO there are no two ways about it, thus far we have really underperformed. Our net spending over the last few years has been roughly the same as Wolves' and coming up, we were playing at the same standard. Fast forward a few months and they're a top 8 side, 100-1 to go to down with the bookies (yes seriously) whereas we're 2-1 to go down and if it wasn't for two exceptionally poor teams in Huddersfield and Cardiff, it would even worse. Something is wrong there.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 16, 2018, 09:44:21 AM

Agreed. After the outlay, we should expect more. We don't need to sacrifice our style, just be smarter defending. I expect at the very least people to run their hearts out.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: RaySmith on October 16, 2018, 10:14:05 AM
Though you could argue that having one good half, creating  chances and finishing on level terms, was a positive,
although we ended up getting hammered.

I suppose it's realistic to accept defeat by so called top teams, with their massive  budgets for players, but we should never go into any game expecting to be beaten -we should always think we're in with a chance.
And we did give Arsenal a game, and cause them problems, at least for one half.

But I agree that it isn't acceptable to only play well for one half, and this needs to be dealt with. Is it a mental thing? To do with fitness? Whatever, we need to  try and sort it out, and  play well for the whole game.

I think we got penalised for a change of formation second half, however we did need to get a second goal due to Betts inexplicably letting in Lacazettes's long ranger. However, I think our first half performance has been overhyped. We got done time and again down our right flank, it was only great last ditch defending that stopped us getting wiped out.

WindyCity

They are but got lucky in a  season where circumstance, teams rebuilding and  plenty of fortune allowed them to win the title once. They will never get close again unless luck and circumstance happen to be on their side. But let's not pretends they were ever more than a one season wonder.
[/quote]

Leicester had a terrific season, but I can't attribute such success to luck and circumstance.  They dominated and clearly earned their victory. 

Funny thing though, regarding this thread topic, that they sacked their coach the year following a PL Title.  I think Chelsea did the same thing.  So, SJ, and any coach, for that matter, is never assured of anything, and results is what is the most significant governing factor.

Berserker

Slav needs to get at least 4 points out of the next three games, or hopefully more. If he doesn't then I feel there serious concerns for Fulham. I'm sure the Khans will have concerns as well if this happens. 
Also I still wonder why Slav wouldn't sign a new contract, seems odd to me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Berserker on October 16, 2018, 09:15:53 PM
Slav needs to get at least 4 points out of the next three games, or hopefully more. If he doesn't then I feel there serious concerns for Fulham. I'm sure the Khans will have concerns as well if this happens. 

Was he offered one then?

Berserker

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 16, 2018, 09:34:03 PM
Quote from: Berserker on October 16, 2018, 09:15:53 PM

Was he offered one then?
Sure he was, can other posters confirm?

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought I had read somewhere back in the early part of the Summer, that Slavisa chose not to discuss an extension to his current contract, or a brand new contract, but perhaps review the situation around Christmas.
But I could of course have misunderstood.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.