watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Early team news

Started by Lighthouse, October 18, 2018, 02:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Although not fully fit FosuMensah may be available having trained during the week. But neither Cairney or Bryan are available.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambler

Seriously what is up with cairney?

He's been injured for probably over 50% of his time with us which is pathetic

KJS

Quote from: Rambler on October 18, 2018, 03:23:47 PM

Should have sold him when West Ham came in for him (hindsight is a wonderful thing) still he will be fresh for the relegation battle!!

One James stannard

Quote from: KJS on October 18, 2018, 03:35:10 PM

Should have sold him when West Ham came in for him (hindsight is a wonderful thing) still he will be fresh for the relegation battle!!
[/quote

Wow! Just wow!

Riversider

No he wont, he's physically fit now, but worringly for us and Tom he is still feeling pain,
His value has gone from £20 million to zero , I just cant see him suddenly playing 5 or 6 games in a row, can you ?

filham

He was in a similar situation last season with a dodgy knee now I understand the problem is an ankle. Lets hope he can recover ,as he did for the second half of last season.
He is badly missed, the midfielders purchased in the summer, at enormous cost, are not up to his standard.

Bassey the warrior

Let's hope he recovers and doesn't turn into Jamie Redknapp, I. E. A crock.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2018, 02:58:14 PM
Although not fully fit FosuMensah may be available having trained during the week. But neither Cairney or Bryan are available.

As poor as Christie was against The Arse, if FM isn't fit, he shouldn't start, he'll be no use. At least Christie is tall and may win some headers.

Woolly Mammoth

It's frustrating I know, but it is what it is, and I am sure the manager will think long and hard regarding his lineup, and ensure he has a plan b.
Because losing against Cardiff, partly because of their position, and a lot to do with the fact that it will be their first win, and Fulham conveniently will be on the end of it. This will rank up the pressure all round, and questions will most definitely be raised whether the team are up for it, let alone the manager.
However, i reckon we will achieve our first away win on Saturday, leaving Cardiff in a perilous position and still seeking their first victory.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rambler

He's probably got reflex sympathetic dystrophy.

Mince n Tatties

Strange goings on with Cairney,came back as sub game before last,then wasn't in the squad when the manager thought he'd be available and working in training...Now 2 weeks down the line?

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 18, 2018, 04:34:20 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2018, 02:58:14 PM

As poor as Christie was against The Arse, if FM isn't fit, he shouldn't start, he'll be no use. At least Christie is tall and may win some headers.
So right, we must not risk using players who are not fully fit, opponents will soon cotton on to it and then target that player.

Jims Dentist

Given Cardiff's rugged, aerial style, I would like to see Kmac back for this one.

MikeW

Woolly: I worry about a Plan B when I have seen no evidence of one with an 'A' on the end.  I also worry about Cairney.  Sick note potential here.
As others have said, we had this last year.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on October 18, 2018, 06:17:56 PM
Woolly: I worry about a Plan B when I have seen no evidence of one with an 'A' on the end.  I also worry about Cairney.  Sick note potential here.
As others have said, we had this last year.

Yes, I agree there is a pattern, as for no plan A or B, there are another 24 letters in the alphabet. There has to be one solitary plan amongst them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Need to play with less of a high line and lb and rb playing a little more defensivley so we arnt cuaght in the last third!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Hate to say it but it is very hard to argue with that at the moment

Although Cardiff, aka HMP Slade FC, would be the worst team to bring him back against anyway. Maybe he will surprise us and come back fully fit for Bournemouth abd play the rest of the season, like he did last year. We certainly are missing him IMO.

We Are Premier League

Did anyone see Cyrus MOM performance for Ireland? As a CM!!!

Camel Club

Accepting many of the points regarding TC but I wonder if Slav has ruled him out for another week simply because of the physicality of Colin's boys. Whilst I expect us to pass Cardiff off the pitch on Saturday we are also going to need to win the physical battle if we are to come away with the points.

What better way to kick start our season than a win against Cardiff followed by another victory the following week at home to Bournemouth with the captain putting in a vintage TC performance? COYW!!

Milo

Quote from: mlangstrom on October 18, 2018, 07:47:39 PM
Did anyone see Cyrus MOM performance for Ireland? As a CM!!!

Unsure you'll get a lot of votes for Christie playing CM as the creative spark to get our season going!