watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Gray

Started by MelcombeOB, October 28, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelcombeOB

I've no idea who does what on the training ground, but is anyone else wondering whether the departure of Stuart Gray has anything to do with our defensive frailties? (as well as the player departures, injuries, suspensions, seemingly random selections etc!) Just saying ...  :023:

General

I have to admit.. whilst I'm not part of the slav out brigade I am slightly confused as to why at 1-0 down he took off a defender and put on a CM.. our defence is notoriously porous but we were only 1-0 down at the time.. and ended up going down another two goals afterwards with mcdonald getting  a red card trying to cover extra ground.

Must be deliberate but why he did that I have no clue.

aaronmcguigan

The owners and Ali Mac were in attendance yesterday. So too presumably were guests of the Khans with his American team in London.

If the owners think that performance is ok and they take no action based on this then I worry for the team. There was a massive hullabaloo about stats influencing recruitment. Why can stats not influence training performance; and performance by the coaches, as to whether the coaches are getting enough out of the players or whether the players are giving enough.

DevonFFC

Quote from: General on October 28, 2018, 11:54:54 AM
I have to admit.. whilst I'm not part of the slav out brigade I am slightly confused as to why at 1-0 down he took off a defender and put on a CM.. our defence is notoriously porous but we were only 1-0 down at the time.. and ended up going down another two goals afterwards with mcdonald getting  a red card trying to cover extra ground.

We had to make a change as it wasn't working, making that tactical decision was correct. I said before it was a strange line up and it showed. It didn't work from the off. I would prefer to lose 3 nil and attack than 1 nil and defend, problem was we did neither.

Riverside

Quote from: DevonFFC on October 28, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

We had to make a change as it wasn't working, making that tactical decision was correct. I said before it was a strange line up and it showed. It didn't work from the off. I would prefer to lose 3 nil and attack than 1 nil and defend, problem was we did neither.

I would rather be losing 1-0 and sneak a lucky equaliser in injury time rather than be 3-0 down with 10 men and a half empty stadium entering injury time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevonFFC

Quote from: Riverside on October 28, 2018, 02:09:59 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on October 28, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

I would rather be losing 1-0 and sneak a lucky equaliser in injury time rather than be 3-0 down with 10 men and a half empty stadium entering injury time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how you expected us to score a lucky equaliser, we have had no luck all season and we barely regeistered a shot on target, coupled with we were set up defensively and didn't look to break when we did get the ball.

1 nil lose or 3 nil, still zero points at the end the game.

clarkey

The point is the team was really badly set up, the selection has been chaotic all season, he does know his best team, he plays people in bad positions and loses the form that the other players are getting.
He screwed up the subs yesterday really badly, he dropped Betts for no reason and it made no difference. He started without him for no reason, and brought him back for no reason.

His brain is scrambled and he is out of his depth. We have no shape or organisation. All that is Slavisa's fault.

clarkey

should have been he does NOT know his best team

ron

Judging by the fact that  two of the goals on Saturday saw most of our back line playing on the left wing, the minimum requirement for a coach during training should be the ability to yell "Stay in a line of four (or five), and cover the width of the pitch".
...and to be able to shout it in a few appropriate languages, in case not everyone gets the message.