watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Huddersfield

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 05, 2018, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Blimey. I doubt anybody picked that squad from the comfort of their armchairs. For such a crucial game only Stefjo as a midfield/vaguely attacking option and the so far hapless Chambers, untested Mawson, iffey Christie and the dodgy Ream to shore up or replace the defence. At the very least Chambers out for any attacking option.......... surely. I hope Kmac feels the need to play like a legend when the inevitable change has to be made as I have no confidence in the others.

Pluto

Decent XI but why no Kamara on the bench? What does Chambers offer at this point? Just send him back already

Robbie

I also think that Joka has crossed the Rubicon ..... pretty much going to use all the new boys.

Apart from the Fab Four (well Sess, TC and Mitro  plus Odd) .... he is signalling a changing of the guard

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 05, 2018, 07:07:04 PM
Quote from: davew on November 05, 2018, 07:03:31 PM
Well I have seen it all now, what a fantastic bench, no AK, no Ayite, no Kebano, no De La Torre, no Stephen Sessegnon, oh and I almost forgot Mawson still not selected, time for Joka to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you ever get tired of being so incredibly negative?

With that said, it is surprising to say the least that not at least one of Mawson/Ream/Chambers/Christie could be left out for Ayite and/or Kamara.
Talking about me being negative (lol), but you sort of agree with what I am saying though!! We will probably nick something tonight but if we go behind, well which of the substitutes are going to turn the game around, Even if we win I cannot see any reasoning on Jokas subs choices!! The good thing is that it seems most people agree with me!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

You'll be moaning if we're one down and Mitro gets injured - no forwards to bring on

bog

I am concerned over Odoi's height with their big players.  :022:

092.gif

Twig

It is a surprisingly defensive bench I agree. But for Dave W to use it as a reason to immediately call for SJ to be sacked is sooo negative.

PutneyPete

Think it's a sober bench with his job on the line, covering his arse - the problem is in defence - if he feels we have problems at the back he can bring on the subs(which he has/hasn't had a say on)..

davew

Quote from: Twig on November 05, 2018, 07:29:52 PM
It is a surprisingly defensive bench I agree. But for Dave W to use it as a reason to immediately call for SJ to be sacked is sooo negative.
Twig, yes it is maybe, but enough is becoming enough and his team selections, changes, tactics, lack of effort and or belief from our players are clear indicators that we are in trouble and I see no reason to believe Joka will get us out of this mess. A win tonight will be welcome but will not make me think differently!

Marinelloguthrie

Tell u what now that he has picked i would suggest the best starting 11 (time will tell) lets dig out his bench selection instead lol .

Who are the goalscorers that have been left out?

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on November 05, 2018, 07:26:54 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 05, 2018, 07:07:04 PM
Quote from: davew on November 05, 2018, 07:03:31 PM
Well I have seen it all now, what a fantastic bench, no AK, no Ayite, no Kebano, no De La Torre, no Stephen Sessegnon, oh and I almost forgot Mawson still not selected, time for Joka to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you ever get tired of being so incredibly negative?

With that said, it is surprising to say the least that not at least one of Mawson/Ream/Chambers/Christie could be left out for Ayite and/or Kamara.
Talking about me being negative (lol), but you sort of agree with what I am saying though!! We will probably nick something tonight but if we go behind, well which of the substitutes are going to turn the game around, Even if we win I cannot see any reasoning on Jokas subs choices!! The good thing is that it seems most people agree with me!

That is because I do not disagree with your assessment that the choice of substitutes is weird and frankly difficult to understand. I was however reacting to your consent drama queen shout outs to sack the manager.

Statto

Quote from: Baszab on November 05, 2018, 07:26:58 PM
You'll be moaning if we're one down and Mitro gets injured - no forwards to bring on

Ok so from our 40+ man squad including youth players who replaces Mitro?

Before you say stephen humphrys he's out on loan at scunthorpe

Sting of the North

Quote from: bog on November 05, 2018, 07:28:12 PM
I am concerned over Odoi's height with their big players.  :022:

092.gif

I think Odoi generally handles the aerial game well enough. Kid's got a mean jump in him.

davew

Quote from: Baszab on November 05, 2018, 07:26:58 PM
Wouldn't you (lol)?

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 07:13:21 PM
It is pretty much the XI everyone wanted.

None of attacking players missing from the bench are highly rated on this board and we also have the option of pushing Sessegnon up and moving things around that way.

It would be nice to have saha or zamora on the bench but I assume they are both injured.

I'm frankly astounded that some are still moaning

100% agree. This is what everyone wanted. "Ream out", "LeMarchand in", you got it. Mawson? Sorry, can't get everything you want.

Defensive bench? Maybe means when we score 1-0, we set up shop for the clean sheet in a 5-4-1. Who knows. Trust the process.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 07:13:21 PM
It is pretty much the XI everyone wanted.

None of attacking players missing from the bench are highly rated on this board and we also have the option of pushing Sessegnon up and moving things around that way.

It would be nice to have saha or zamora on the bench but I assume they are both injured.

I'm frankly astounded that some are still moaning
I doubt anyone wanted mensah
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Concede goals in 10th and 51st minutes and it will be game over, no plan B in sight.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on November 05, 2018, 07:41:32 PM
Concede goals in 10th and 51st minutes and it will be game over, no plan B in sight.

Sure there is, plan B is obviously to bring Sess forward, and keep the rest of the attacking players on the field. Shouldn't be a problem if we don't get injuries on attacking players.

Matt10

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 05, 2018, 07:44:27 PM
Quote from: filham on November 05, 2018, 07:41:32 PM

Sure there is, plan B is obviously to bring Sess forward, and keep the rest of the attacking players on the field. Shouldn't be a problem if we don't get injuries on attacking players.

Correct. We can switch to a 3-4-3, and actually have a CB play CB, a LB play LB, and a RB play RB. Move Sess up, Christie in for Zambo on the flank, with FM able to overlap and vice-versa.

Dodgin

Sky pre match coverage is minimal