more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It may well be time for Slav to walk ...BUT

Started by HV71, November 05, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyske

Quote from: Nero on November 06, 2018, 12:19:24 AM
Surprised any Managers are ever sacked reading some people comments on hear, so we have a squad of 25 players that apparently arent good enough or have no desire but the non e of that is the managers fault that he cant even get a half decent performance out of them, He chooses a poor capt in Cairney but let me guess that Cairney's fault for not being up to the job even though Salv made him capt.

This isnt about being the relegation spot this is about a team that can compete and if they go down they go down fighting that is what is upsetting people the lack of being competitive.

Even the common phrase "can't get a performance out of them" is misleading. Managers CANNOT control players. The only managers who think they can are managers like Neil Warnock who are failures.

"No desire" - yes, players fault
"captain" - being selected as captain gives you a duty and responsibility to uphold the team leadership. Cairney is failing this season so far, entirely his fault.
"Lack of competivitness" - again, I repeat, the manager cannot remote-control the players. Jokanovic is certainly fighting himself. The players are not, and that is on them.

Managers ought to be sacked when they are more to blame than the players, this is not happnening. Especially after todays' lack of effort, the blame lies largely with the players.

Chutney

If anybody should resign, its Tony Khan, his recruitment team oversaw our summer window and wasted £100mil.
C O Y W

aster

We have a saying here: You cannot make a pie with sh.t. That is what Jokanovic is expected to do here. He has been given a load of overpaid, incompatible players, with painfully low football IQ and no fighting spirit to compensate for it. It is as if someone was using a software to pick out the most expensive players in every position who are within Fulham's financial reach.

No one was aware that Nice fans were literally throwing a party when Seri left, because he has been absent-minded and useless ever since Barcelona rumours. Or that Le Marchand was a fringe player. Or that Anguissa cost Marseille many points in the last season and that he has no technique-the player who has already hit his ceiling, who is physical but cannot pass and cannot score.

This would require a major overhaul-the owner's son to stop playing FM and leave football to those who know it. If Jokanovic is given freedom in January transfer window, to pick players who are to his taste, there is still hope. Sack him-it solves nothing, because no one can get anything out of this bunch of citizens.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Tyske on November 06, 2018, 01:25:19 AM
Quote from: Chutney on November 06, 2018, 01:21:49 AM
How is changing the manager going to suddenly turn bad players in to good players? They're not in bad form, they are not struggling to adjust, this is their top level, they are not good enough, changing he manager won't change that.

Yep. This is why I keep asking people how a manager change will specifically help. I have not heard a convincing answer.

Because right now anything Is better than it is you plum, you are being a cantankerous pleb. Like a child asking "why" to everything

DevonFFC

Quote from: aster on November 06, 2018, 06:22:55 AM
We have a saying here: You cannot make a pie with sh.t. That is what Jokanovic is expected to do here. He has been given a load of overpaid, incompatible players, with painfully low football IQ and no fighting spirit to compensate for it. It is as if someone was using a software to pick out the most expensive players in every position who are within Fulham's financial reach.

No one was aware that Nice fans were literally throwing a party when Seri left, because he has been absent-minded and useless ever since Barcelona rumours. Or that Le Marchand was a fringe player. Or that Anguissa cost Marseille many points in the last season and that he has no technique-the player who has already hit his ceiling, who is physical but cannot pass and cannot score.

This would require a major overhaul-the owner's son to stop playing FM and leave football to those who know it. If Jokanovic is given freedom in January transfer window, to pick players who are to his taste, there is still hope. Sack him-it solves nothing, because no one can get anything out of this bunch of citizens.

You don't think Slav has any input into recruitment, honestly.

It just seems like a cop out for the manager when the going gets tough.

A good manager finds a way to get results, look Ferguson at united in final few years. The players need to be manager to play to their potential and they are no, therefore the manager should go and very quickly before it is too late

aster

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 06, 2018, 06:51:40 AM

A good manager finds a way to get results, look Ferguson at united in final few years. The players need to be manager to play to their potential and they are no, therefore the manager should go and very quickly before it is too late

Read my translated Jokanovic's interview. Unless he is lying, and why would he?- it is pretty obvious that he had no say in bringing these players in. Ferguson was getting players that he asked for specifically.

Well, they are playing to their potential-for most of them that is the potential of a Championship player, either because they are failed stars on a downward spiral or because that is their maximum. I see four players who have the PL quality: Rico, Sessegnon, Cairney and Mitrovic. That's it.

You are confusing money that has been paid with a real potential. If a wealthy American tourist is tricked into paying a fortune for a vase from the 21st century, being told that it is Mayan, it does not make the vase any more Mayan, but only him a fool for paying so much.

DevonFFC

Quote from: aster on November 06, 2018, 06:57:53 AM

Read my translated Jokanovic's interview. Unless he is lying, and why would he?- it is pretty obvious that he had no say in bringing these players in. Ferguson was getting players that he asked for specifically.

Well, they are playing to their potential-for most of them that is the potential of a Championship player, either because they are failed stars on a downward spiral or because that is their maximum. I see four players who have the PL quality: Rico, Sessegnon, Cairney and Mitrovic. That's it.

You are confusing money that has been paid with a real potential. If a wealthy American tourist is tricked into paying a fortune for a vase from the 21st century, being told that it is Mayan, it does not make the vase any more Mayan, but only him a fool for paying so much.

These are not wealthy American idiots, these are successful American business people who have people around them best placed to advise on matter like this and Slav would be one of those people.

These players Have come in we're not poo before we brought them? In fact some couldn't believe the window we had.

You live by the sword and die by the sword in football and unfortunately cannot pick and choose were blame lies, it will always be with the manager. He has publicly come out a few times and blamed transfers bla bla bla, what about January, let me guess he picked those signings.

I would say that says as much about the lack of trust in Slav if they are not taking his opinion into consideration when choosing this players and I very much worry for Fulham Football Club going forward

Tyske

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 06, 2018, 06:47:30 AM
How is changing the manager going to suddenly turn bad players in to good players? They're not in bad form, they are not struggling to adjust, this is their top level, they are not good enough, changing he manager won't change that.

Yep. This is why I keep asking people how a manager change will specifically help. I have not heard a convincing answer.

Because right now anything Is better than it is you plum, you are being a cantankerous pleb. Like a child asking "why" to everything

I am asking "why" because sacking a manager requires reasons.
"Anything is better" is not good enough, it's that sort of reasoning that brought in Felix Magath. Change for change's sake does not work.

aster

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 06, 2018, 07:13:27 AM

These are not wealthy American idiots, these are successful American business people who have people around them best placed to advise on matter like this and Slav would be one of those people.

These players Have come in we're not poo before we brought them? In fact some couldn't believe the window we had.

You live by the sword and die by the sword in football and unfortunately cannot pick and choose were blame lies, it will always be with the manager. He has publicly come out a few times and blamed transfers bla bla bla, what about January, let me guess he picked those signings.

I would say that says as much about the lack of trust in Slav if they are not taking his opinion into consideration when choosing this players and I very much worry for Fulham Football Club going forward

Yes, they are wealthy American BUSINESS people, that is why he (son), should only run the club as a business and leave all football-related decisions to those who know it better than him (check the books to see if all the players Jokanovic wants are within Fulham's financial reach, but NOT pick out the players for him with his software). That guy only started watching soccer when his dad took over. For example, Anguissa with his physicality but no technique is more fit for American football, indeed.

They could not believe the transfer window because of all the money that had been spent, not because they watched Seri, Anguissa, Vietto, Mawson...day in day out. Seri and Anguissa are not worth quarter of the money that has been spent.

The fact that they are not letting Jokanovic have a say in the recruitment process, does not mean that he does not deserve to be trusted- only that their model is wrong. Even the way he described his involvement in the transfer of Mitrovic, sounded more like this: I was walking past the door where they were looking at striker options...I popped in and said: You know, I have heard that Mitrovic's Anderlecht transfer will not pan out...he might be worth a look.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Tyske on November 06, 2018, 07:22:54 AM

"Anything is better" is not good enough, it's that sort of reasoning that brought in Felix Magath. Change for change's sake does not work.

Because he no idea how to change this mess, constantly changed things and hasn't worked and has no other plan than to stick to what he knows, which..... isn't working

DevonFFC

Quote from: aster on November 06, 2018, 07:30:11 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 06, 2018, 07:13:27 AM

Yes, they are wealthy American BUSINESS people, that is why he (son), should only run the club as a business and leave all football-related decisions to those who know it better than him (check the books to see if all the players Jokanovic wants are within Fulham's financial reach, but NOT pick out the players for him with his software). That guy only started watching soccer when his dad took over. For example, Anguissa with his physicality but no technique is more fit for American football, indeed.

They could not believe the transfer window because of all the money that had been spent, not because they watched Seri, Anguissa, Vietto, Mawson...day in day out. Seri and Anguissa are not worth quarter of the money that has been spent.

The fact that they are not letting Jokanovic have a say in the recruitment process, does not mean that he does not deserve to be trusted- only that their model is wrong. Even the way he described his involvement in the transfer of Mitrovic, sounded more like this: I was walking past the door where they were looking at striker options...I popped in and said: You know, I have heard that Mitrovic's Anderlecht transfer will not pan out...he might be worth a look.

Well we best thank Tony Khan for popping his head in then... as without Mitro we wouldn't be in the Prem.

I imagine you are one of these people that still gets upset Betts doesn't start or Ream was going to be out savour at the back.

KJS

Just because we are calling for Joka to be replaced doesn't mean we don't appreciate what he did to get us promoted, the fact is he looks out of his depth in the Premier League and perhaps that what Watford saw in him and that's why he was let go??

But at this time he is worse than Magath and Kit put together and his arrogance is starting to affect the squad and the fans attitude towards him

clarkey

Howe can anyone say Slavisa is worth keeping now. His team is chaotic, his substitutions are terrible and he has totally lost the dressing room.

That means we have a zombie manager. Dead in the water and unable to do anything. He does not know his best team, and his planning has been chaotic. He failed to base this year's team on last year's. Simple tactics, keep it all the same just raise the intensity, the quality and get two good full backs to replace what we lost. Or even keep Freddo. It was all bad.

We have no decent holding  midfield player.

I would look to get in Drinkwater, and a couple of full backs.Put Betts in goal and keep him there. Put Ream and Mawson as Centre Backs, Odoi as sub, and then build. Get in someone to sort the defence out. We have lost our defensive coach and the defense is awful.

Skatzoffc

I was all for keeping Joka as I like to watch his style of football. Be it in the PL or the Championship.

Unfortunately I fear it is now out of his hands. I cannot believe a businessman of Kahn's standing would invest £100m to stay in this division and then keep on in this way without protecting his investment.

To me that was the worst performance by players since the Magath days. Dark days indeed.

It is irrelevant to me if it is Joka's fault or that of the players. It has to change and I believe it will, at the chairman's hand, very soon.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 06, 2018, 07:54:27 AM
I was all for keeping Joka as I like to watch his style of football. Be it in the PL or the Championship.

Unfortunately I fear it is now out of his hands. I cannot believe a businessman of Kahn's standing would invest £100m to stay in this division and then keep on in this way without protecting his investment.

To me that was the worst performance by players since the Magath days. Dark days indeed.

It is irrelevant to me if it is Joka's fault or that of the players. It has to change and I believe it will, at the chairman's hand, very soon.

Yes...Sad but true.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 06, 2018, 07:54:27 AM

Amen to this, somrthing has to change and January transfer window will be too late coming

davew

Let Parker earn his money and pick him against Liverpool, perhaps he could lead by example as he clearly is not having any positive effect on our squad in his present capacity.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tyske

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM
Quote from: Tyske on November 06, 2018, 07:22:54 AM

Because he no idea how to change this mess, constantly changed things and hasn't worked and has no other plan than to stick to what he knows, which..... isn't working

Why has he had to change things constantly? Because the players are not stepping up and performing, otherwise he would have a set 11 like last season.

He has also clearly tried tweaking the system, as a good professional manager that he is. But we cannot play in any other style. A new manager and a different style would be a mismatch with the squad we have.

Nero

If Slav doesnt want to go he should go pleading to Khan to get him a defensive coach in to sort the mess at the back out, He decision was it to get rid of Grey?

We are getting worse every week not better, as I ve said before if we looked like winning a game losing by the odd goal people would be more forgiven, I mean have we really got worse players then Cardiff theyre going down but at least the are giving it a go we arent even doing that.

So it either hang on until the transfer window try and sell 15 players and get 15 new one in or change the manager and get someone in to sort this mess out.

toshes mate

Quote from: grandad on November 05, 2018, 10:37:40 PM
The moment the whistle blows the game is entirely in the hands of the players. They are all supposed to be highly skilled,fit,focused & passionate to produce a performance that warrants their huge salaries. Shame is what the players should be feeling.
Plus £100million times....