watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It may well be time for Slav to walk ...BUT

Started by HV71, November 05, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Can we stop the "constantly changing the team" and other team selection-themed rants now please. Jokanovic picked what most of us would say is the best XI at the moment, excluding perhaps Mawson. Either these players are crap (not Joka's fault) or can't be arsed playing for us (only half Joka's fault) or something else is wrong at the heart of the club (again probably only half Joka's fault). Yes Joka should go but we need proper change to solve the underlying problem.

Khan out
Parker out
Prima Donna players out

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2018, 11:15:06 PM
Where do people get we were the best in the league from?
Wolves were weren't they,we finished it play offs due to Mitro signing.
Think Stuart Gray might have had a little to do with our success as well,I'm afraid he isn't the Messiah, and Brian isn't coming out to play.

No I said the same thing. But the stats prove that we had started our run before Mitros signing. Also we had ONE of the best squads then in the Championship but had to rely on a record run to reach the playoffs. Cardiff were considered all basic up and under. Yet were above us in the Championship and are playing with much more heart then we have this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Spirit of 2000

Big Sam will organise us and demand 100% and won't tolerate the likes of Seri and Schurrle and their awful lack of effort

Milo

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2018, 11:23:28 PM
Big Sam will organise us and demand 100% and won't tolerate the likes of Seri and Schurrle and their awful lack of effort

I'd rather go down and play good football in the Championship with Slav.

I'd genuinely like to know what everyone else thinks though.. is it style or is it results that matter to you?

DevonFFC

Big Sam would  make us hard to beat, which at the moment would be refreshing start.

He will not turn Mawson into Terry nor Ream into Ferdinand but We will be a damn site tighter at the back

If Khans wants someone he has the money to do it, no manger can't be swayed by the lure of a big pay cheque and a bonus

DevonFFC

Quote from: Milo on November 05, 2018, 11:25:54 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2018, 11:23:28 PM

I'd rather go down and play good football in the Championship with Slav.

I'd genuinely like to know what everyone else thinks though.. is it style or is it results that matter to you?

It's not just about going down and nice football, it's the economic and longer lasting effects of relegation.

What's happens if we go like Sunderland, or khan pulls the plug and decides he will let us rot away. I would prefer to stay up and see my team try than gamble on the fact we may ply fancy football next season

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 11:18:07 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:54:37 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 10:43:05 PM
Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:28:46 PM
:HD:
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 10:26:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 10:19:21 PM
I don't understand how anybody can defend his team selection

we were 1-0 down at half time
which player involved in that 45 mins would you not have picked tonight?
honestly that was roughly the XI most of us wanted

Correct, Lighthouse probably would have picked it himself.

Well you lose the argument when all you can do is resort to petty sarcasm. But the coach has changed the back 4 in every game. His bench selection had not one positive selection on it. Last season we had AMONG the best squads and the players didn't perform and it was all the transfer policy and the players fault. Then we went on a great run and it was the brilliance of the coach. There are some on here who simply defend the coach no matter what. That is fine and good for you. But frankly there is no logic in it at all this season. No team can play this badly week in and week out and yet the coach is defended by the same voices. I simply cannot agree. I support my team. Not the coach who has failed this season so badly.

None of the posters who want the manager gone, including you, have shown exactly why changing the manager would be helpful. The only justification you can come up with for sacking Jokanovic is his tinkering with the lineup, which is hardly a major factor in our plight.

Yourself and others insist on blaming the manager for things that the players are SOLELY at fault for, resulting in a category mistake, accompanied by strange, romantic notions such as "I support the club, not the manager".

If you are going to make an argument for sacking the manager, you must explain:
1) Why this plight is more Jokanovic's fault than the players or the Khans
2) How in the world a new manager would change things

At the moment no one committing to this cheap 'sack the manager' narrative are answering these two questions.

Not sure how much clearer I can make it concerning the failure of the coach. Selections, constant changing the team every week, playing players who we blame for being luxury players while continuing to play Sess at the back and not further forward etc etc, Nothing I say will change your love and administration for the coach. I am sorry my support for the club is a romantic gesture.  You support for the coach above the club is sadly misguided in my opinion.

Why is the manager constantly changing the lineup selections? Because the players haven't been performing. Their fault yet again.
I am very interested in better reasons you can give that it is the manager's fault and not the players.

Tyske, not being funny mate, but, reading most of your replies above, you come across a bit arrogant, self-opinionated, and sarcastic, about this whole Slav thing.

This is a football football Forum, a place where people come to debate, and have opinions about FFC. You'll get your Slavin in posters, you'll also get your Slav out posters, by why be nasty and point fingers?

You say Slav has a history of turning things around? Yeah, you're right, in the Championship maybe, but not in the Premiership against the countries elite teams, so your claim is nonsense.

Tyske

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 11:18:21 PM
Can we stop the "constantly changing the team" and other team selection-themed rants now please. Jokanovic picked what most of us would say is the best XI at the moment, excluding perhaps Mawson. Either these players are crap (not Joka's fault) or can't be arsed playing for us (only half Joka's fault) or something else is wrong at the heart of the club (again probably only half Joka's fault). Yes Joka should go but we need proper change to solve the underlying problem.

Khan out
Parker out
Prima Donna players out

Agreed with everything here, except I think the logical step is that Joka should NOT go.

Twig

To get back to the spirit of the OP. I agree completely.  Some of the vitriol and bile slung his way recently has been disgraceful and completely lacking in class. if you think he should go, fine, just explain your opinion whilst showing some respect for his past achievements. Equally if you think he should stay, fine, but don't just show blind faith and ignore the arguments to the contrary.

While on the subject can we please remember we all support the same club. The lack of respect shown to one another on here, the in-fighting, the sarcasm etc. Why do we always sink this low when things turn against us? Surely we are better than this!

DevonFFC

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on November 05, 2018, 11:28:26 PM

Well you lose the argument when all you can do is resort to petty sarcasm. But the coach has changed the back 4 in every game. His bench selection had not one positive selection on it. Last season we had AMONG the best squads and the players didn't perform and it was all the transfer policy and the players fault. Then we went on a great run and it was the brilliance of the coach. There are some on here who simply defend the coach no matter what. That is fine and good for you. But frankly there is no logic in it at all this season. No team can play this badly week in and week out and yet the coach is defended by the same voices. I simply cannot agree. I support my team. Not the coach who has failed this season so badly.

None of the posters who want the manager gone, including you, have shown exactly why changing the manager would be helpful. The only justification you can come up with for sacking Jokanovic is his tinkering with the lineup, which is hardly a major factor in our plight.

Yourself and others insist on blaming the manager for things that the players are SOLELY at fault for, resulting in a category mistake, accompanied by strange, romantic notions such as "I support the club, not the manager".

At the moment no one committing to this cheap 'sack the manager' narrative are answering these two questions.

Not sure how much clearer I can make it concerning the failure of the coach. Selections, constant changing the team every week, playing players who we blame for being luxury players while continuing to play Sess at the back and not further forward etc etc, Nothing I say will change your love and administration for the coach. I am sorry my support for the club is a romantic gesture.  You support for the coach above the club is sadly misguided in my opinion.

Why is the manager constantly changing the lineup selections? Because the players haven't been performing. Their fault yet again.
I am very interested in better reasons you can give that it is the manager's fault and not the players.

Tyske, not being funny mate, but, reading most of your replies above, you come across a bit arrogant, self-opinionated, and sarcastic, about this whole Slav thing.

This is a football football Forum, a place where people come to debate, and have opinions about FFC. You'll get your Slavin in posters, you'll also get your Slav out posters, by why be nasty and point fingers?

You say Slav has a history of turning things around? Yeah, you're right, in the Championship maybe, but not in the Premiership against the countries elite teams, so your claim is nonsense.

So are you saying then that at any time a manager should have been sacked no matter how poor they are performing.
Let's leave history behind as it accounts for nothing right now, what is Slav doing which makes you confidence he will turn it around?

I'm keen to hear as I believe not even the players believe in him or his single one dimensional plan to football.

JoelH5

I genuinely think Tyske is related to Slav or is his agent or something. He's only been on here 2 weeks and every single post has been defending Slav. No comments actually about the games etc!  :005:
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 05, 2018, 11:35:53 PM
I genuinely think Tyske is related to Slav or is his agent or something. He's only been on here 2 weeks and every single post has been defending Slav. No comments actually about the games etc!  :005:

Serbian mole?? Trying to keep fans onside

HV71

Being really honest it isn't as black and white as that ( style vs results)  I just loathe the idea of a complete change in terms of style and philosophy. England went from Roy to Sam ( which was ridiculous) and we can all see what happened. Southgate has at least style , understands loyalty and values youth. He would have been a much better choice as Roy's successor . We must at least keep some of the values of the brand that has been built- Sam wouldn't understand the meaning of the word and is only interested in £ notes

To answer your question though I would rather go down with Joka than have a manager like Sam

DevonFFC

Quote from: HV71 on November 05, 2018, 11:36:54 PM
Being really honest it isn't as black and white as that ( style vs results)  I just loathe the idea of a complete change in terms of style and philosophy. England went from Roy to Sam ( which was ridiculous) and we can all see what happened. Southgate has at least style , understands loyalty and values youth. He would have been a much better choice as Roy's successor . We must at least keep some of the values of the brand that has been built- Sam wouldn't understand the meaning of the word and is only interested in £ notes

To answer your question though I would rather go down with Joka than have a manager like Sam

What was sams record with England?

Tyske

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on November 05, 2018, 11:28:26 PM

Arrogant? I am one of few on here that believe I could not do Joka's job, and would give him a shot. Most posters on here think they could do it themselves, and claim they know so much about football that they know Sam Allardyce would fix our problems.

Self-opinionated? I literally asked for people to post their reasons for stating that it is more the manager's fault. If I was self-opinionated I wouldn't have asked such questions.

As for a football forum being a place for debate, that's what I am doing, debating whether this predicament is largely Slav's fault or the player's faults.

Your accusations are unfounded.

JoelH5

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 05, 2018, 11:37:41 PM

100%
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tyske

Haha no, I appreciate the joke though, can see how it would appear that way.

I have actually been following this forum for years, but I got fed up with negativity about the manager on here, which sadly has drawn me in.

HV71

Played 1 won 1 . Then he went looking to get himself something extra - it wasn't enough to have had his dream job as well as a victory.

DevonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 05, 2018, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 05, 2018, 11:37:41 PM

100%

I'd take results over style any day, to see up win a piece of silverware and play ugly, where to do I sign.

Pretty football is great on the eye but it doesn't always fill your trophy cabinet.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 11:40:19 PM

Haha no, I appreciate the joke though, can see how it would appear that way.

I have actually been following this forum for years, but I got fed up with negativity about the manager on here, which sadly has drawn me in.

Please fill me with your confidence about Slav as I'm lacking