watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It may well be time for Slav to walk ...BUT

Started by HV71, November 05, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

The moment the whistle blows the game is entirely in the hands of the players. They are all supposed to be highly skilled,fit,focused & passionate to produce a performance that warrants their huge salaries. Shame is what the players should be feeling.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Tyske

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 05, 2018, 10:33:54 PM
Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:21:33 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 05, 2018, 10:17:50 PM
I will be the first to say he needs to go, I am not forgetting the amazing achievement in getting us up but...

He looks dead on his feet
Our players are not playing for him
We have no team spirit or cohesion
We have no plan B

He has outstayed his welcome now and any other line of work he would be "managed out"

Your post just confirms what those of us who support the manager have been saying.

"Our players are not playing for him" - clearly their fault for lack of effort, not his fault
"We have no team spirit or cohesion" - clearly the players fault again

You are making a category mistake in blaming the manager for the failings of the players.

If the players aren't "playing for the manager" that IS the managers fault. Eleven games in and we are worse each week. That IS the managers fault. By your logic, a spouse who starts cheating should be over looked because the first ten years were grand?

The manager can only tell them to toughen up and play with more desire, he cannot control them like robots with a controller. So how is it the manager's fault if the players don't listen to what the manager says?

DevonFFC

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 05, 2018, 10:33:54 PM
Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:21:33 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 05, 2018, 10:17:50 PM
I will be the first to say he needs to go, I am not forgetting the amazing achievement in getting us up but...

He looks dead on his feet
Our players are not playing for him
We have no team spirit or cohesion
We have no plan B

He has outstayed his welcome now and any other line of work he would be "managed out"

Your post just confirms what those of us who support the manager have been saying.

"Our players are not playing for him" - clearly their fault for lack of effort, not his fault
"We have no team spirit or cohesion" - clearly the players fault again

You are making a category mistake in blaming the manager for the failings of the players.

If the players aren't "playing for the manager" that IS the managers fault. Eleven games in and we are worse each week. That IS the managers fault. By your logic, a spouse who starts cheating should be over looked because the first ten years were grand?

This is sport not relationships,

But yeah if my wife starts shagging someone else I would defiantly ask questions of myself about "what and when did it go so wrong?"

To be fair we are being shafted my most teams in the league so maybe he should end it with this cheating club

Lighthouse

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:28:46 PM
:HD:
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 10:26:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 10:19:21 PM
I don't understand how anybody can defend his team selection

we were 1-0 down at half time
which player involved in that 45 mins would you not have picked tonight?
honestly that was roughly the XI most of us wanted

Correct, Lighthouse probably would have picked it himself.

Well you lose the argument when all you can do is resort to petty sarcasm. But the coach has changed the back 4 in every game. His bench selection had not one positive selection on it. Last season we had AMONG the best squads and the players didn't perform and it was all the transfer policy and the players fault. Then we went on a great run and it was the brilliance of the coach. There are some on here who simply defend the coach no matter what. That is fine and good for you. But frankly there is no logic in it at all this season. No team can play this badly week in and week out and yet the coach is defended by the same voices. I simply cannot agree. I support my team. Not the coach who has failed this season so badly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LittleErn

It seems clear to me that many of the current squad are not up to the speed and physicality of the Prem. I don't know if they were Slav's signings, but he still plays them. It also seems that Slav's style does not work in the Prem because the opposition are fitter and faster so there is less time on the ball to find a pass. How many times did Seri give the ball away tonight? With top class players, Slav's approach might work but not with our squad. So Khan has a dilemma - does he spend even more money on untried players to try and plug the gaps? If he sacks Slav, he will have to give the new manager a war chest. If he keeps him what can be changed - he's tried almost everything already? Maybe we should ditch the mercenaries and go back to the Championship team's midfield. It won't save us but we would have some dignity back.

Tyske

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 10:43:05 PM

Well you lose the argument when all you can do is resort to petty sarcasm. But the coach has changed the back 4 in every game. His bench selection had not one positive selection on it. Last season we had AMONG the best squads and the players didn't perform and it was all the transfer policy and the players fault. Then we went on a great run and it was the brilliance of the coach. There are some on here who simply defend the coach no matter what. That is fine and good for you. But frankly there is no logic in it at all this season. No team can play this badly week in and week out and yet the coach is defended by the same voices. I simply cannot agree. I support my team. Not the coach who has failed this season so badly.

None of the posters who want the manager gone, including you, have shown exactly why changing the manager would be helpful. The only justification you can come up with for sacking Jokanovic is his tinkering with the lineup, which is hardly a major factor in our plight.

Yourself and others insist on blaming the manager for things that the players are SOLELY at fault for, resulting in a category mistake, accompanied by strange, romantic notions such as "I support the club, not the manager".

If you are going to make an argument for sacking the manager, you must explain:
1) Why this plight is more Jokanovic's fault than the players or the Khans
2) How in the world a new manager would change things

At the moment no one committing to this cheap 'sack the manager' narrative are answering these two questions.

JoelH5

To those saying it's not Slav's fault the players are playing so poorly; If that is the case, do you think keeping him in the job is going to somehow miraculously shake them all up and start playing? Of course not. This is a results business and we need to do whatever we can to stay in the league. A change of manager may give them the kick up the a#se they need.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Wingnut

From the highs of Wembley to this, I just don't know what to say at the moment. I feel for SJ. I don't want him to go but I'm terrified that we are going to go back to the Championship, a division we worked so hard, for so long, to get out of. Does anyone see any light at the end of this tunnel? I'm struggling to see how this groups of players, a group of professional footballers who need to take a good look at themselves, are going to get the points that we need to survive, playing like this. What are the financial implications of relegation? Deep down I want to stick with SJ but if we go down, I think it'll take longer to get back up next time.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hovewhite

I would rather us go down and stick with slav,don't think it will happen by strength of feeling on this site,but it's my choice.By the way slav haters I don't look at replies as I don't give a monkeys about you lot of negative people,but of course you have a democratic right so carry on.

LittleErn

I am really incensed by Seri's performance tonight. Not only did he lose the ball almost every time he touched it (or it seemed like that) but after doing so he made little effort to get back. I watched him jogging back at a speed I could have bettered - and I'm 77!

Camel Club

SJ's legacy is in danger of being tainted.  He did a brilliant job getting us out of the Championship playing such attractive football. However, whether it's his stubbornness or his inability to adapt his tactics to the demands of the Premier League, the last few games (Cardiff, Bournemouth and Huddersfield) have demonstrated that change is required.

I still believe that this squad of players is more than capable of holding their own in this league. They just need organising with 2 holding/central midfielders in a 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 formation and a manager who is capable of doing that, not play square pegs in round holes, communicate his tactics effectively and unite the squad.

Tyske

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 05, 2018, 10:57:58 PM
To those saying it's not Slav's fault the players are playing so poorly; If that is the case, do you think keeping him in the job is going to somehow miraculously shake them all up and start playing? Of course not. This is a results business and we need to do whatever we can to stay in the league. A change of manager may give them the kick up a#se they need.

Yes, keeping him in the job is the best thing to do. Jokanovic does not quit, and that will rub off on the players.

Many posters on here hate the instability of a different lineup each week, yet want a totally new manager and system. That is contradictory.

JoelH5

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:54:37 PM

None of the posters who want the manager gone, including you, have shown exactly why changing the manager would be helpful. The only justification you can come up with for sacking Jokanovic is his tinkering with the lineup, which is hardly a major factor in our plight.

Yourself and others insist on blaming the manager for things that the players are SOLELY at fault for, resulting in a category mistake, accompanied by strange, romantic notions such as "I support the club, not the manager".

At the moment no one committing to this cheap 'sack the manager' narrative are answering these two questions.

1. The Khans own the club so can't be sacked.
2. Nothing is changing under Joka. He was great last year but we need to do something to shock the players into playing, or at least try to. He isn't bigger than the club and if he's the casualty to give us more of a chance of staying up, then so be it.

JoelH5

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 11:00:10 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on November 05, 2018, 10:57:58 PM
To those saying it's not Slav's fault the players are playing so poorly; If that is the case, do you think keeping him in the job is going to somehow miraculously shake them all up and start playing? Of course not. This is a results business and we need to do whatever we can to stay in the league. A change of manager may give them the kick up a#se they need.

Yes, keeping him in the job is the best thing to do. Jokanovic does not quit, and that will rub off on the players.

Many posters on here hate the instability of a different lineup each week, yet want a totally new manager and system. That is contradictory.

Completely respect your opinion but it's evident the players aren't playing for him or care if he's sacked or they wouldn't be jogging around the pitch. What is suddenly going to change?

..FOF..

The question for me is not really if he should go.

The question should be which top tier coach would agree with our players' recruitment strategy?

I have a feeling that only Championship level manager and below would play ball with the management and forgo their transfer market power.

That just brings us back to square one and I might as well keep Joka.

Tyske

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 05, 2018, 11:01:17 PM

1. The Khans own the club so can't be sacked.
2. Nothing is changing under Joka. He was great last year but we need to do something to shock the players into playing, or at least try to. He isn't bigger than the club and if he's the casualty to give us more of a chance of staying up, then so be it.

1. What about the players? Yes the Khans cannot be sacked, but sacking Jokanovic might be clouding their own transfer window mistakes.
2. Historically, Joka has turned it around. .Besides, a new manager won't change anything either. We tried that with Magath and Meulensteen

JoelH5

Quote from: ..FOF.. on November 05, 2018, 11:05:27 PM
The question for me is not really if he should go.

The question should be which top tier coach would agree with our players' recruitment strategy?

I have a feeling that only Championship level manager and below would play ball with the management and forgo their transfer market power.

That just brings us back to square one and I might as well keep Joka.

Therein could lie the big problem

Lighthouse

Not sure how much clearer I can make it concerning the failure of the coach. Selections, constant changing the team every week, playing players who we blame for being luxury players while continuing to play Sess at the back and not further forward etc etc, Nothing I say will change your love and administration for the coach. I am sorry my support for the club is a romantic gesture.  You support for the coach above the club is sadly misguided in my opinion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Where do people get we were the best in the league from?
Wolves were weren't they,we finished it play offs due to Mitro signing.
Think Stuart Gray might have had a little to do with our success as well,I'm afraid he isn't the Messiah, and Brian isn't coming out to play.

Tyske

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 11:09:53 PM

Not sure how much clearer I can make it concerning the failure of the coach. Selections, constant changing the team every week, playing players who we blame for being luxury players while continuing to play Sess at the back and not further forward etc etc, Nothing I say will change your love and administration for the coach. I am sorry my support for the club is a romantic gesture.  You support for the coach above the club is sadly misguided in my opinion.

Why is the manager constantly changing the lineup selections? Because the players haven't been performing. Their fault yet again.
I am very interested in better reasons you can give that it is the manager's fault and not the players.