watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It may well be time for Slav to walk ...BUT

Started by HV71, November 05, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

....he simply does not deserve the abuse he is getting on here . Some if you have no loyalty , style or real decency. Okay you don't want him here any longer but try to remember everything he has done and the entertainment he has given us.

Some even think Big SAM should replace him which only demonstrates the quality of your thinking

Tyske

Quote from: HV71 on November 05, 2018, 10:13:55 PM
....he simply does not deserve the abuse he is getting on here . Some if you have no loyalty , style or real decency. Okay you don't want him here any longer but try to remember everything he has done and the entertainment he has given us.

Some even think Big SAM should replace him which only demonstrates the quality of your thinking

Thank you. Some posters on here just want to be spoon-fed success by any possible manager, forgetting what Slavisa has done for us.

DevonFFC

I will be the first to say he needs to go, I am not forgetting the amazing achievement in getting us up but...

He looks dead on his feet
Our players are not playing for him
We have no team spirit or cohesion
We have no plan B

He has outstayed his welcome now and any other line of work he would be "managed out"

Dryden

Well said, ive little doubt that under a different manager we'd still be in the Championship.

Lighthouse

I am sorry but this is nonsense. Our coach is wonderful when we had the best team in the Championship and had to have a record run to win promotion via the play offs. Then when we do badly and the players have no fight or no heart. The coach doesn't deserve the criticism he is getting? I don't understand how anybody can defend his team selection, his bench tonight was a mystery. How can players suddenly become so lacking in ideas or basic skills? How can they look so aimless week in and week out. Loyalty works both ways. Joka deserved some of the praise he got when we were promoted and deserved some of the criticism he is getting now. He has no idea.

My loyalty is to the club. Not a coach who has lost the basic idea of structure in the team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Dryden on November 05, 2018, 10:18:57 PM

Well said, ive little doubt that under a different manager we'd still be in the Championship.

We had the best squad bar maybe one other and had to have a record run to get to the play offs. No he wasn't the miracle worker people make him out to be.,
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tyske

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 05, 2018, 10:17:50 PM
I will be the first to say he needs to go, I am not forgetting the amazing achievement in getting us up but...

We have no plan B

He has outstayed his welcome now and any other line of work he would be "managed out"

Your post just confirms what those of us who support the manager have been saying.

"Our players are not playing for him" - clearly their fault for lack of effort, not his fault
"We have no team spirit or cohesion" - clearly the players fault again

You are making a category mistake in blaming the manager for the failings of the players.

HV71

We have no plan B

I'm talking about him being called a 'fraud' etc by others ..which is disgraceful. He is anything but - he has beliefs ( albeit at times misguided ) but if Seri and the rest can't find a pass over 5 yards ishould he get such abuse fir that ?

Tyske

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2018, 10:19:21 PM
I am sorry but this is nonsense. Our coach is wonderful when we had the best team in the Championship and had to have a record run to win promotion via the play offs. Then when we do badly and the players have no fight or no heart. The coach doesn't deserve the criticism he is getting? I don't understand how anybody can defend his team selection, his bench tonight was a mystery. How can players suddenly become so lacking in ideas or basic skills? How can they look so aimless week in and week out. Loyalty works both ways. Joka deserved some of the praise he got when we were promoted and deserved some of the criticism he is getting now. He has no idea.

My loyalty is to the club. Not a coach who has lost the basic idea of structure in the team.

"Best team in the Championship" - no we did not
"I don't understand how anybody can defend his team selection" - he literally picked our best team on paper

Once again, another FOF poster making a category mistake in blaming the manager for the players' failings.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

We have no plan B

Your post just confirms what those of us who support the manager have been saying.

"Our players are not playing for him" - clearly their fault for lack of effort, not his fault

You are making a category mistake in blaming the manager for the failings of the players.

No I think you are wrong.

Not playing for him, they don't respect him. These are professional athletes and they don't respect him or his one style of play.

Team spirit and cohesion should be built and managed by the manager otherwise players revolt.

Statto

I don't understand how anybody can defend his team selection

we were 1-0 down at half time
which player involved in that 45 mins would you not have picked tonight?
honestly that was roughly the XI most of us wanted

Tyske

:HD:
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 10:26:46 PM

Correct, Lighthouse probably would have picked it himself.

Baszab

Don't agree....that was a stupid selection
Cannot play Schurrle (who is causing unrest anyway) and Vietto in the same team for this match and have no back up  forwards
Needed 4 in midfield
Tosu-Mensah = absolute rubbish...please send him back

Fernhurst

Absolutely agree HV, it may very well be the end of the line for SJ but I will never forget the past two seasons of wonderful football.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

davew

We have no plan B

+ 1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Ordar

Personally I wouldnt have picked any of those defenders, and would be playing Sess up instead of Vietto if he insists on playing this formation. Defence should be Bryan-Mawson-Chambers-Christie.
I dont care how they've played in other games, Chambers and Mawson are better players than Odoi, MLM and Ream. TFM is absolutely abysmal, and Christie not much better.

The bench was utterly inexcusable

YankeeJim

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

We have no plan B

If the players aren't "playing for the manager" that IS the managers fault. Eleven games in and we are worse each week. That IS the managers fault. By your logic, a spouse who starts cheating should be over looked because the first ten years were grand?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Milo

Quote from: Ordar on November 05, 2018, 10:32:43 PM
Personally I wouldnt have picked any of those defenders, and would be playing Sess up instead of Vietto if he insists on playing this formation. Defence should be Bryan-Mawson-Chambers-Christie.
I dont care how they've played in other games, Chambers and Mawson are better players than Odoi, MLM and Ream. TFM is absolutely abysmal, and Christie not much better.

The bench was utterly inexcusable

Chambers has been consistently poor!

Odoi best player tonight...

MLM all over place first half, but improved second when he was often last man standing.

Baszab

davew

Quote from: Tyske on November 05, 2018, 10:28:46 PM
:HD:
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2018, 10:26:46 PM

Correct, Lighthouse probably would have picked it himself.
The 11 selected should have been good enough to at least compete, but they didn't!! If they can't be bothered to make an effort, there wasn't a plan B option on the bench, we have already more or less agreed that Joka's selection of substitutes without any attacking players included bizarre to put it mildly!! The result was therefore inevitable as is the division we will be playing in next season, whilst I was very proud to see us achieve promotion, I am really looking forward to seeing us back in the Championship and at least being competitive again, watching us in the PL is becoming an embarrassment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)