watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Cottage Pub. RIP.

Started by Scrumpy, October 12, 2010, 09:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

...such a shame, a good pub with a 'garden' to enjoy on the sunnier days, now a few rich peoples weekday commuter dwelling. And now leaving us fans as the Fulham Nomads...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mrska

A real shame..  great pub...  Us Nomads havent found a decent replacement..  we're wahooing at the moment...

Fletchino

The chancery on Lille road is not bad as a replacement it's got a fair size garden and often do BBQ

leonffc

Aaaah such fond memories. RIP the Cottage pub

cebu

I grew up in Colehill Lane, but I haven't been back there for years, so I'm guessing I wouldn't recognize it anymore.
The current locals are probably dead pleased that the pub's gone.

RidgeRider

Over the past two seasons, there has been some bantor about pubs to meet at, pubs that are no longer friendly or service oriented or ones's that have shut down. Now, having never been, but planning a trip, what's the issue with the pubs close to the Cottage? From all I can tell there is a dearth of pubs around the Cottage or the nature of them has shifted and they are not fan friendly.

I'm planning on coming in the Spring or late Winter, just waiting for the tickets prices to hit that magic number.

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 13, 2010, 02:38:44 PM
Over the past two seasons, there has been some bantor about pubs to meet at, pubs that are no longer friendly or service oriented or ones's that have shut down. Now, having never been, but planning a trip, what's the issue with the pubs close to the Cottage? From all I can tell there is a dearth of pubs around the Cottage or the nature of them has shifted and they are not fan friendly.

I'm planning on coming in the Spring or late Winter, just waiting for the tickets prices to hit that magic number.
Give my regards to Anne at the Golden Lion and tell her to go and do something very naughty to herself. She is absolutely useless and someone I do not miss at all. In fact, I think she is the only woman not from Venus but born on Mars. Actually, I think she still lives there.  :red:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

alfie

The only thing i can say is that i live just around the corner from the Cottage and to be honest the only time anyone went in there was on a match day, the place was making massive losses every week i am not surprised that it went, unfortunately nostalgia and supporters who don't live anywhere near the place and only went there when Fulham at home were not going to sustain it any longer. It was an out of the way place with no passing trade, like myself a lot of people just don't do pubs anymore, the last time i went in the Cottage outside of match days there were about 8 people and even then there was a fight, i just can't be bothered with that anymore.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Equalizer

Quote from: finnster01 on October 13, 2010, 02:48:27 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on October 13, 2010, 02:38:44 PM

Give my regards to Anne at the Golden Lion and tell her to go and do something very naughty to herself. She is absolutely useless and someone I do not miss at all. In fact, I think she is the only woman not from Venus but born on Mars. Actually, I think she still lives there.  :red:

Sadly, I've known her for most of my life. She's a pleasant enough woman, but a fugging useless landlady.

My suggestion: The Bricklayers. Best pub in Putney.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

The Chancellors was always very Fulham friendly, Viva El Fulham playing, no probs with a sing along. Bella used to put out chicken pieces and chips after the games. I stopped using it when she mugged me off by putting up the price of her apartment that i'd rented in Tenerife by a measly £20 the week before we flew (it was the principle of it), that £20 cost her hundreds as we often had between 3 and 6 Northolt Whites in there and we drank gallons (as you can imagine).

mrska

I used to love it in the Golden Lion.. despite the queues at the bar and the smelly toilets.

But Anne spoilt it in the end, picking her battles with loyal customers.

The Wahoo isn't bad at the moment..  all the football on big screens and friendly bar staff..

The Equalizer

Quote from: mrska on October 13, 2010, 03:35:25 PM
I used to love it in the Golden Lion.. despite the queues at the bar and the smelly toilets.

The Wahoo isn't bad at the moment..  all the football on big screens and friendly bar staff..

They are a good bunch in there. I was drinking with Luke, Tish, kelly and Louise the other night and had a right laugh. Finlay's and Martha are good guys too, even that weird tranny-like one Josiah. My problem with that place is that it is the central hub for all of the trouble that happens in Putney on a thursday and friday night as they let so many youngsters and scumbags in for the cheap drinks (£2 a drink on a thursday!).
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 13, 2010, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: mrska on October 13, 2010, 03:35:25 PM

They are a good bunch in there. I was drinking with Luke, Tish, kelly and Louise the other night and had a right laugh. Finlay's and Martha are good guys too, even that weird tranny-like one Josiah. My problem with that place is that it is the central hub for all of the trouble that happens in Putney on a thursday and friday night as they let so many youngsters and scumbags in for the cheap drinks (£2 a drink on a thursday!).
You're well past being a youngster Eq, so where does that leave you ???  :005:

sipwell

They are a good bunch in there. I was drinking with Luke, Tish, kelly and Louise the other night

I may be mistaken but weren't you on a non-drinking spree? :D
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LBNo11

Quote from: sipwell on October 13, 2010, 04:14:05 PM

They are a good bunch in there. I was drinking with Luke, Tish, kelly and Louise the other night

I may be mistaken but weren't you on a non-drinking spree? :D

...I was there at the same time as he told you that Sipwell, Eq, you've been caught :dft012: :beer:

Eq "not drinking 'till I get to South Africa" ualizer
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDaddy

Gents i thought it was common knowledge that a certain fat scum midfielder brought the pub,As part of his growing property portfollio ! I lived in Park Mansions ,Colehill lane used the boozer often enjoyed it until they changed owner and yuppiefied it !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

cebu

Quote from: TheDaddy on October 13, 2010, 04:40:14 PM
Gents i thought it was common knowledge that a certain fat scum midfielder brought the pub,As part of his growing property portfollio ! I lived in Park Mansions ,Colehill lane used the boozer often enjoyed it until they changed owner and yuppiefied it !

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, Park Mansions (No 10) was where I grew up - which flat were you in?

TheDaddy

Quote from: cebu on October 13, 2010, 06:32:24 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, Park Mansions (No 10) was where I grew up - which flat were you in?
No 12 cebu only for around 7 years from 1993-2000 ish
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

cebu

Quote from: TheDaddy on October 13, 2010, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: cebu on October 13, 2010, 06:32:24 PM

No 12 cebu only for around 7 years from 1993-2000 ish

We lived there in a different era, from 1948 till 1965! Just imagine the street with only 3 cars parked in it.