watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav in Khan Out

Started by Tempest, November 07, 2018, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Give Slav complete control.  To get stats based signings. Recoup what we can on what we've bought and give Slav £100m for his own signings. Keep Khan away from everything other than contract negotiations for players.

Not going to happen I know but Slav is the right man just needs to have control of signings

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

filham

Tend to agree. While I think Jocanovic has got a lot wrong I can't see how he can be held responsible if he did not select the multi million pound summer signings.
Still find it hard to believe though that those signings were made without his approval.

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 07, 2018, 10:10:12 AM
Tend to agree. While I think Jocanovic has got a lot wrong I can't see how he can be held responsible if he did not select the multi million pound summer signings.
Still find it hard to believe though that those signings were made without his approval.
Well he has had 3 seasons to walk away from a transfer policy he has openly expressed he does not like, but he is still here, so in my opinion, we can't keep using the excuse that they are not his players
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Snibbo

It's a 2 Yes system.  Slav can nominate a target and the stats must give a tick and vice versa.  Every Prem club uses stats and I'm pretty sure no other prem manager has carte blanche on transfers. Look at every manager we've had and none has a 100% success in the transfer market.  It's a risky business.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Tempest on November 07, 2018, 10:04:13 AM
Give Slav complete control.  To get stats based signings. Recoup what we can on what we've bought and give Slav £100m for his own signings. Keep Khan away from everything other than contract negotiations for players.

Not going to happen I know but Slav is the right man just needs to have control of signings

The supposed right man has 5 points from 11 games.

Nero

you cant blame the recruitment team, how many times has  a manager been sacked a new one brought in and done wonders with the same players. This is a coaching issue they are disorganised and unmotivated. If Slav had left at the end of last season and this was a new coach preforming like this would you say its a recruitment issue or a coaching issue.  We have a Premier league experienced centre back play back up to a player that was there for back up in the championship, Odoi, and if you say hes been our best player I would say that is the problem 

..FOF..

Quote from: Nero on November 07, 2018, 10:38:52 AM
you cant blame the recruitment team,

He blamed the recruitment team last season, we got promoted after that.

I thing the solution is to blame them even more.

Neutral Zone Ultra

All I will say is that if Slav had complete control over transfers we'd have had Cameron Jerome up top instead of Mitro.

toshes mate

It seems odd to me that there is such entrenchment about resolving an issue that has occurred throughout every season our coaches and players have faced under the Khans viz- poor results in at least one half of one season.  There is also a common thread in every recruitment scenario from total misfits to total successes and they are not dominated by price paid either in transfer fee and wages or just wages alone.  They are dominated by how players fit into the coaching regime of the Club which has to be connected to recruitment policy if both are to work.  Jokanovic has made it clear, from the very start of his term here, that recruitment is NOT his job, and his criticisms have always been directed in that way - these are the players I have and I have to find a solution to get them knitted into a playing unit. 

This season he started with players must compete within the group, 'I am not Santa Claus, I don't give presents'.  He has told them they must fight for places in the team and realise what competition is.  To me that suggests he had no ready made starting place - a core - because there were just too many new faces for him to be certain he was giving a fair crack of the whip to everyone.  When results started to plummet after a reasonable start he is faced with what - new players wondering what they had signed up for and old players asking 'how much did he cost?'  It was a recipe for disaster from the start without even mentioning the coaching staff changes which were also disruptive.  Who is the 'football brain' who decided all this nonsense was the way forward for pity sake?       

Twig

Quote from: Nero on November 07, 2018, 10:38:52 AM
you cant blame the recruitment team, how many times has  a manager been sacked a new one brought in and done wonders with the same players. This is a coaching issue they are disorganised and unmotivated. If Slav had left at the end of last season and this was a new coach preforming like this would you say its a recruitment issue or a coaching issue.  We have a Premier league experienced centre back play back up to a player that was there for back up in the championship, Odoi, and if you say hes been our best player I would say that is the problem 

Hmm, I hope you will be prepared to eat humble pie if the new man can't do any better (if and when he arrives)?

I Ronic

Apart from threads having a dig at the players brought in this season there have also been threads on the players who have come up with the team not being Premiership quality. As well as those players, we have a manager who hasn't experienced this level of football before either.
Our results didn't change overnight when he arrived and this time last season we weren't great.
I think we have quality within the team and I think we have a quality manager. They're not playing or coaching to their true abilities. If I was Tony Khan I'd say forget the results. Concentrate on your abilities, concentrate on working with your team mates. Concentrate on finding your individual and your group passion. Life and sporting careers are too short to entertain doubts or blame.

Chutney

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 07, 2018, 10:30:57 AM
Quote from: Tempest on November 07, 2018, 10:04:13 AM

The supposed right man has 5 points from 11 games.

Using rubbish players bought by tony Khan
C O Y W

KJS

If Slav is not happy with the transfer policy why hasn't he just walked???

Woolly Mammoth

I don't think Slav is happy, who would be, if he is working under certain terms he may not be comfortable with. Hence the reason why he has yet to sign a new contract, when he had the chance.
No wonder he walks around with a face like thunder.
Of course the Manager has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility, as do the underperforming players.
But It has to go deeper than that, much deeper, and all the trails point to the Stats and Recruitment and the apparent lack of foresight and vision.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 07, 2018, 12:28:00 PM
I don't think Slav is happy, who would be, if he is working under certain terms he may not be comfortable with. Hence the reason why he has yet to sign a new contract, when he had the chance.
No wonder he walks around with a face like thunder.
Of course the Manager has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility, as do the underperforming players.
But It has to go deeper than that, much deeper, and all the trails point to the Stats and Recruitment and the apparent lack of foresight and vision.

So as I said just now, why doesn't he walk away??

toshes mate

Quote from: KJS on November 07, 2018, 12:11:37 PM
You'd have to ask that of Jokanovic rather than people on here trying to guess what he might have to say.  He is under contract as head coach, it is his job, and why would he walk away when he is very familiar with the problems he has just now?  As he says his future at FFC is not under his control, and never has been.

KJS

Quote from: toshes mate on November 07, 2018, 12:42:24 PM
You'd have to ask that of Jokanovic rather than people on here trying to guess what he might have to say.  He is under contract as head coach, it is his job, and why would he walk away when he is very familiar with the problems he has just now?  As he says his future at FFC is not under his control, and never has been.

The point is if he is so unhappy with Tony Khan as some of the poster on here think (though they have no actual proof) then he could walk, as he hasn't then perhaps there is no issue with recruitment and 50% on here are talking Bollox

ToodlesMcToot

I can respect that there are camps here, among the supporters. To each his own.

Khan's are certainly not beyond making mistakes on the footballing side but, saying that if Slav were running the show all would be alright is ignoring a lot. For one, the notion completely ignores where that mentality got us the last time we tried it. As well, it ignores some pretty glaring problems with Slav's match related decision-making. The team roster for the Huddersfield match and the tactical planning for the match, for example, had nothing to do with the Khans. The bench only had two players (Johansen and Christie) even remotely capable of being an offensive substitution and his tactics as well as the execution of them were miserable.

Saying this is all down to TK shows plenty of willful ignorance to me and I'm still in the Slav In camp.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Statto

I think this is what the youth of today call "victim blaming"

Jims Dentist

I can't see our club having any sustained success all the time we have an amateur  as DOF.
Bad decisions have cost the club tens of millions.
Talbot may also share some blame, if so a qualified DOF would have replaced him before now.