watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav in Khan Out

Started by Tempest, November 07, 2018, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Our players are good enough, It appears Slavisa is not. That is the way I am seeing it and I love Slavisa.
STH H3

davew

Quote from: @jolslover on November 07, 2018, 08:25:03 PM
Our players are good enough, It appears Slavisa is not. That is the way I am seeing it and I love Slavisa.
Jols what makes you think our players are good enough and I am not being argumentative!! I have watched every game this season (not live just via other means), so many replays and analysis that I think I could be the next pundit on Sky Football (lol). I have seen almost nothing from any of the new additions (purchased or on loan) to suggest that any of them are good enough, even Mitro! We can agree about Joka, but he is not the total or maybe even the main reason why this season has so far been a complete shambles!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

Quote from: davew on November 07, 2018, 09:09:25 PM
Jols what makes you think our players are good enough and I am not being argumentative!! I have watched every game this season (not live just via other means), so many replays and analysis that I think I could be the next pundit on Sky Football (lol). I have seen almost nothing from any of the new additions (purchased or on loan) to suggest that any of them are good enough, even Mitro! We can agree about Joka, but he is not the total or maybe even the main reason why this season has so far been a complete shambles!

I think he is entirely the main reason. Not sure any team could stand the amount of changeable line ups and tactics (yes Joka has changed the way we play practically every other game)  Not sure how Mitro is supposed to be successful when we have no wide players delivering crosses. Or players from midfield supporting him. Despite playing three attackers. But it always easier blaming players when they look so confused and shapeless in formation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

@jolslover

Quote from: davew on November 07, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

No worries, appreciate the reply. I think the players are good enough and will hopefully be proved correct when we appoint a new manager and stay up. When we don't improve all season, You can come back to this as proof you are correct.
STH H3

Denver Fulham

There's a huge difference between "Slav doesn't get to pick whoever he wants" and "Slav gets no say." The former is true. The latter is not. He signs off on signings.

toshes mate

Quote from: KJS on November 07, 2018, 01:34:29 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 07, 2018, 12:42:24 PM
Quote from: KJS on November 07, 2018, 12:11:37 PM
If Slav is not happy with the transfer policy why hasn't he just walked???
You'd have to ask that of Jokanovic rather than people on here trying to guess what he might have to say.  He is under contract as head coach, it is his job, and why would he walk away when he is very familiar with the problems he has just now?  As he says his future at FFC is not under his control, and never has been.

The point is if he is so unhappy with Tony Khan as some of the poster on here think (though they have no actual proof) then he could walk, as he hasn't then perhaps there is no issue with recruitment and 50% on here are talking Bollox
I don't think JS works that way.  It is his job to coach players not to be happy or unhappy about TK or his way of doing things.  He works with outomes and that applies to transfer windows too.  He has never shirked his responsibility for poor performances.  I think he has high expectation of players because he knows what is achievable through hard work but not every footballer by a long chalk wants to work hard.  I don't believe he is a guy who mixes work with pleasure as some people do, as perhaps TK may like him to do too.   

Dmurph

Both Manager and Board are to blame.

Manager has been extremely naive thinking we could replicate the type of football we played in the championship.

Our transfers have not been good enough in terms of proven premiership experience. The Board must take the blame for this - they clearly missed out on targets during the summer.

We should however stick with Slav. We must sign some premiership experience in January and back him. Two proven defenders would make the difference.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 07, 2018, 07:51:35 PM
I can't see our club having any sustained success all the time we have an amateur  as DOF.
Bad decisions have cost the club tens of millions.
Talbot may also share some blame, if so a qualified DOF would have replaced him before now.

Ah delicious , calling the DOF who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world to the hardest league in the world.

Good job amateur tony !!! keep it up !

Statto

Quote from: Sammyffc on November 08, 2018, 02:26:45 PM
I can't see our club having any sustained success all the time we have an amateur  as DOF.
Talbot may also share some blame, if so a qualified DOF would have replaced him before now.

Ah delicious , calling the DOF who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world to the hardest league in the world.

But everyone at the club currently can use that defence

Jokanovic is the manager who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world
Bettinelli is the 'keeper who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world
Ream and Odoi are the defenders who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world
... etc ...

The only people who can't use that defence are the new signings, but then according to you, they can't be to blame either, because they were signed by the DOF who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world

So surely that whole line of argument is pretty meaningless and misguided

Sammyffc

Quote from: Statto on November 08, 2018, 03:12:44 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on November 08, 2018, 02:26:45 PM

But everyone at the club currently can use that defence

Jokanovic is the manager who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world
Bettinelli is the 'keeper who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world
Ream and Odoi are the defenders who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world
... etc ...

The only people who can't use that defence are the new signings, but then according to you, they can't be to blame either, because they were signed by the DOF who got a club promoted from one of the hardest leagues in the world

So surely that whole line of argument is pretty meaningless and misguided

Ok, point taken

So ... lets look back ... Jok getting promoted with ' khans players ' as many people have said here.

Jok not resigning if he really didn't like the set up here .
Jok getting some of the players he wanted ( apparently he was very keen on seri , schrulle and of course mitro ''

Is it khan playing the same tactics this season when they are clearly not working ?
Is it khan picking benches that literally offer nothing ?

Should all clubs ' fire ' their respective DOF's/VC if managers can't work with the players they have at their disposal, when 3/4  of the new signings aren't on the same wave length, and pretty much are essential to each others playing roles  ?

Should Khan just resign his role of DOF and keep his title of Vice chairman ? because i am sure you know he is both .

So i also think your line of argument is pretty useless aswell.

Statto

Not sure why that line of argument is "useless"

Jokanovic got us promoted largely with players signed by Rigg

Rigg of course was our last DoF and whilst some of his signings with hindsight were inspired (Cairney, Fredericks, Ream) others were poor (Stearman, Pringle, et al)

And what was the consequence of those poor signing? Rigg got sacked.

So now if there are doubts about Tony Khan's signings (I'd argue they've been far worse overall than Rigg's) then yes of course he should be sacked, like Rigg was, and just as any DoF would if they were the architect of many poor transfers

Woolly Mammoth

Tony Khan is only in the job because he is the Chairman's son. No other reason and certainly not on merit.
He might be an expert on this stats nonsense, but is no expert or authority on Association Football, too much emphasis on this box ticking and poor late panic recruitment when their number one targets were not interested in a Fulham team with TK at the helm.
The fact that TK brought his mate in Craig Kline who knew even less about football than Khan, jobs for the boys, tells you more about Khan Junior than Kline.
Then to extend Klines stay with disregard to other members of staff who were fed up with Kline, shows where Khans juniors loyalty's and priority's lie.
Tony Khan is a liability and always will be whilst in the role he is.
As for Jok, I do feel sorry for him to a certain extent and I hope he can turn it round, but I cannot see it.
The dressing room is lost, unless he has a clear out. The players who he selects are not playing for him and the players he fails to select morale as dropped rock bottom.
Add his errors if judgement in team section, his clear lack of leadership, he is outwitted every week by other managers who players run faster and further and longer for them, than our players do for Jok.
He cannot motivate or get the best out of players, how did he allow the dressing to develop fractures, and let it fester. Why has his team no Captain. Why have we not kept one single clean sheet this season.
Why is nothing improving anywhere.
We are not even second best on the pitch.
As for the substitutes, shocking game management.
At Huddersfield he made two subs at half time, which proves how wrong he was to pick the starting 11 he did.
He needs help, not from TK, he is not qualified, he needs help from the players, but he needs to help himself.
His poor English does not help at all, clearly there is difficulty in communication, his team talks must have everyone yawning.
But the rot set in before the season started. Poor planning all round, no foresight.
Team were lacking match fitness right from the commencement of the season.
What happened to the players that figured in some of the preseason friendlies.
Then dissapeared never to be seen again.
What a way to run a football team.
We were were behind other clubs in preparation right from the start. 
Obviously players noses were put out of joint when the team sheet went up on the board every week, and everyweek we are playing with passengers and deadwood.
I dread to think what they don't do at training.
You only have to see the results and performances on a Saturday to realise that whatever he does during the week at MP is not working. Yet everyweek its the same old story, no spine, no leaders, no team spirit,  no morale,  no confidence, no urgency, no pride, no desire.
Whose fault is that, yes Tony Khan is surplus to requirements, but they all are to blame, the players and the backroom staff.
You cannot defend the indefensible, there is no hiding place for any of them.
Jok has made a real pigs ear of his job, but I would rather keep him than the Chairman's son. Who could go now, and would not be missed. As for Jok, unless he changes his ways with his stubbornness and tunnel vision, and change his tactics.
He will only take us further into the abyss.
Personally I don't know if he has anything left in the tank, he gives me no confidence anymore, because of all those shortcomings.
We are losing to everybody good and bad, and losing badly.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

The Kline point is a good one Woolly. With the amount of aggro that man has caused, any other DoF or member of our staff responsible for bringing that pain on the club would have undoubtedly been sacked purely for that reason alone.

HV71

Very, very good points all round.
I am also concerned that the decision to let Joka go may have already been made. If that is so he should have already been let go. It is showing no respect whatsoever to falsely allow him to go into a very difficult game with no chance of being able to turn things around. People want blood and in no way is that going to be Teflon Tony. Slav could take on Kline but nepotism is a very different foe.
We have little chance of getting anything out of the Liverpool game and whilst I can completely understand the logic of not officially appointing any new incumbent until after the weekend  - it would be only proper to let Scotty take temporary control. Slav , who has been honourable  deserves to be treated with great respect.
I personally don't want any of this to happen but if the dressing room has been lost (and the players who actually owe this coach a great deal - have turned against him ) then surely this would be the right way to proceed.

AnOldBrownie

Based on what?  Compared to whom?     I'd argue that based on watching every game and watching a ton of premiere league games over the past 5 seasons...a lot of players are not good enough. 

The midfield specifically hasn't been able to consistently link up with the front line (when there is a front line) consistently. 

What top 10 EPL team have the Whites looked close to at least drawing with?  None (no...Watford isn't top 10)

The players aren't good enough.   Hell, I wouldn't have hired ANY player from Swansea...at all.

Milo

If Slav goes, will Mitro?

One of our only shining lights so far this season?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Milo on November 08, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

I would think that Sess and Cairney would also leave
This would probably have a knock on effect throughout the club. Currently youngsters feel they have a chance under Slavisa.
But who cares let's get rid of the best and take in some in old has been last chance saloon merry go round manager just to please these 'immediate success or out' @£#&£#@

HV71

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 08, 2018, 06:38:31 PM

This would probably have a knock on effect throughout the club. Currently youngsters feel they have a chance under Slavisa.
But who cares let's get rid of the best and take in some in old has been last chance saloon merry go round manager just to please these 'immediate success or out' @£#&£#@

Great post- the instant success folk are truly pathetic and should go down the road to that other club ( ASAP please)

Denver Fulham

Quote from: HV71 on November 08, 2018, 07:08:26 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 08, 2018, 06:38:31 PM

Great post- the instant success folk are truly pathetic and should go down the road to that other club ( ASAP please)

There's a lot of room between "instant success" and "letting a manager take us immediately back down without a whimper."

Our roster may or may not be good enough, and you can pin that on Tony.
Our manager has 100% been found wanting so far at this level -- lineup shuffling, bad subs, questionable tactics, worsening performances, locker room issues.

Why wouldn't you at least consider changing the manager? You can't fire the players until at least January.

HV71

Change doesn't always produce the goods . Be very, very careful what you wish for