News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Following the debacle at Liverpool this is what I would do .

Started by Riversider, November 07, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Following the game at Liverpool we have a two week break, this gives us an ideal opportunity to regroup and get our house in order,
Tough decisions and brave decisions have to be made by Tony Khan and Alastair Mackintosh, firstly they need to be brave and admit that they need help, not an easy thing for the son of a billionaire to do, with the current set up we desperately need a Director of Football, somebody to work between Khan and Jokanovic, a wise footballing sage to take control of all footballing matters,
Let's say that man costs the club £2 million a year, that could turn out to be the best bit of business ever by the club, with players like Anguissa costing £30 million and Schurrle costing £6.3 million a year , one correct decision would pay the wages of a Director of Football many times over,
My next move would be to call Jokanovic down to Motspur Park on Monday morning as I would want him to show me how committed he is to the cause, he has made some horrendous mistakes this season and last but underneath it all I still believe that he is the man to bring us back up next season ,
But first of all he would need to show me that he wants to be at Fulham Football Club, I would then produce a 2 year contract and tell him that he can either sign it on the spot or go away and think about it for 24 hours, and then reschedule a meeting for Tuesday morning,
If he declines to sign it the following day I would fire him and his entire coaching staff, you would hope that the club have spent the last 5 weeks looking at all the options available to them, we all know that Moyes has been to the last 2 or 3 home games so maybe their is something in that, somebody of his ilk should be offered a caretaker position for the remainder of the season and then in the summer decide where we go next,
Not that we could get Chris Hughton now (should have got him when we had the chance) but we need somebody just like him, calm, measured, experienced , unwavering.
Big decisions take big balls, let's see over the next seven days if Tony Khan has got any.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Riversider on November 07, 2018, 10:39:20 AM
Following the game at Liverpool we have a two week break, this gives us an ideal opportunity to regroup and get our house in order,
Tough decisions and brave decisions have to be made by Tony Khan and Alastair Mackintosh, firstly they need to be brave and admit that they need help, not an easy thing for the son of a billionaire to do, with the current set up we desperately need a Director of Football, somebody to work between Khan and Jokanovic, a wise footballing sage to take control of all footballing matters,
Let's say that man costs the club £2 million a year, that could turn out to be the best bit of business ever by the club, with players like Anguissa costing £30 million and Schurrle costing £6.3 million a year , one correct decision would pay the wages of a Director of Football many times over,
My next move would be to call Jokanovic down to Motspur Park on Monday morning as I would want him to show me how committed he is to the cause, he has made some horrendous mistakes this season and last but underneath it all I still believe that he is the man to bring us back up next season ,
But first of all he would need to show me that he wants to be at Fulham Football Club, I would then produce a 2 year contract and tell him that he can either sign it on the spot or go away and think about it for 24 hours, and then reschedule a meeting for Tuesday morning,
If he declines to sign it the following day I would fire him and his entire coaching staff, you would hope that the club have spent the last 5 weeks looking at all the options available to them, we all know that Moyes has been to the last 2 or 3 home games so maybe their is something in that, somebody of his ilk should be offered a caretaker position for the remainder of the season and then in the summer decide where we go next,
Not that we could get Chris Hughton now (should have got him when we had the chance) but we need somebody just like him, calm, measured, experienced , unwavering.
Big decisions take big balls, let's see over the next seven days if Tony Khan has got any.

I feel a bit depressed that in November we are discussing certain relegation. If we'd won yesterday we'd have been 14th so the margins are so small. It's far too early for this talk.

I agree with you on Jokas contract, disagree massively on Moyes however - we can do so much better.

Riversider

Which is why I said "somebody of his ilk",
The crux of the matter though is this, sign the contract or go !
If the manager doesnt want to be here then why should any of the players ?

Woolly Mammoth

You make some good points, I wouldn't want Cods Eyes at this club in any capacity, not even on the turnstiles.
But I would not wait until Monday morning to go back to the draining board to discuss the remainder of the season. I would be discussing how we are going to front up and set our stall out at Anfield. As there is a little matter of three important points to sword fence for.
As well as to commence the job of restoring some pride and passion amongst the squad. As well as some signs of leadership and fighting team spirit, rather than wait until after the international break.
So the comeback and damage restoration starts now, the next three days are crucial to enable everyone to get back on the horse. 
So that whatever happens Sunday, at least make Liverpool earn their victory, if there are any, make them earn every goal, and fight to the last man. We may even get a result, we are not finished yet.
That way it sends a message to everyone inside and outside of the club, that Fulham are not a lame duck built on sand, that they think we are, and we have plenty to build on from there on. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

i agree about bringing in more help but I think it is coaching staff that is badly wrong AND I agree re the contract. sign a new one or go jow. The new one caqn be linked to survival or have a trip wire to avoid massive payout in the event of failure..... I* suspect the contract has more to do with things than meets the eye.

toshes mate

The contract ultimatum is as close to constructive dismissal as you can get! 

Jokanovic already has a contract and he has concisely explained his reasons for not wanting to engage in talks about a 'new' one, and that really shakes the issue down to whether or not he really believes he can turn things around.  I may be wrong in my thoughts about him, but Jokanovic strikes me as a pretty straightforward person who enjoys a challenge.  My biggest worry would be about his coaching team which has been changed for reasons we do not know.

Woolly Mammoth

Unlike on Monday v Huddersfield, the pressure has slightly eased, as nobody will give the team the players and the manager no chance at all of even being second best at Anfield.
So what does any individual or group of individuals do when they are written off.
They prove their critics wrong, they have to think of their families, their friends, the club who pays their wages.
They have to remember how they worked hard to get themselves at this level, and do they want to be remembered as a team that failed in every way to make a fist of it, and fight to the last man.
Where is their pride, and heart, and their desire to compete.
These are some of the things that Jok has to install in the troops.
So the pressure is off to a certain extent, lesser clubs than Fulham have shown and proved their critics wrong, its time for our players to step up and be counted.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Following the debacle at Liverpool.

You can see into the future then?What's the numbers
for Euro Millions,I want tell anyone else,promise.

Riversider

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 07, 2018, 02:36:29 PM

Dont know if you noticed but there was a debacle at both Cardiff and Huddersfield, if you dont think there will be a debacle at Anfield then you are either very naive or living in la la land.

I Ronic

Quote from: Riversider on November 07, 2018, 02:44:11 PM

Dont know if you noticed but there was a debacle at both Cardiff and Huddersfield, if you dont think there will be a debacle at Anfield then you are either very naive or living in la la land.

If a player said we haven't a hope in hell at Anfield he'd be crucified. Even from a fan I think it's wrong. 

The old mucker

Just wondering why the animosity towards Moyes he done a great job at Everton and a bit harshly treated at man u ,if we could do so much better who do people suggest.I think we have to go for someone with premier league experience considering the position we are in ,it would be a big risk in my opinion to bring in someone without experience in england

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: The old mucker on November 07, 2018, 03:05:47 PM
Just wondering why the animosity towards Moyes he done a great job at Everton and a bit harshly treated at man u ,if we could do so much better who do people suggest.I think we have to go for someone with premier league experience considering the position we are in ,it would be a big risk in my opinion to bring in someone without experience in england

Your right he was brilliant at Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham. He's definitely the best we can get...

Denver Fulham

It's not being a bad fan to say we're likely to get stuffed at Anfield. They and City are different breeds quality-wise and play a style that will tear us to shreds. The City match away ended 3-0 only by the grace of their missing a ton of other great chances. It easily could have been 7-0 or worse. We can't even hold the ball against Huddersfield, and people think we'll be OK against Liverpool. Count me in as skeptical.

My biggest issue with Slav is the lack of any discernable progress in fixing the issues that have arisen over the last 7-8 matches. We have gotten progressively worse. We were just outplayed by the two worst sides in the league, and looked incompetent at home against Bournemouth -- a fine side, but no Chelsea or Tottenham, for sure. He's trying. He just has no answers and the spirit of the team seems to be completely extinguished. I don't see how that will change in this next run of five matches that includes away trips to Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United. Then just about half the season is gone.

Thankfully, there are 4-5 other teams almost as bad as we are, so this is salvagable. I just don't think Jokanovic can do it ... or he would have figured something out by now, instead of watching the team get worse and worse each week.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov link=topic=68264.msg1006924#msg1006924
I feel a bit depressed that in November we are discussing certain relegation. If we'd won yesterday we'd have been 14th so the margins are so small. It's far too early for this talk.

I agree with you on Jokas contract, disagree massively on Moyes however - we can do so much better.

Margins look small but we made them look a mile apart by not bothering to barely try against the side that were rock bottom.  Margins only change with effort. Something we have lacked consistently since September

filham

Get Moyes in, he may just have an answer and with the benefit of the January window we may be able to put up a fight against relegation.

Afraid that with Jocanovic it is getting worse by the match, Liverpool must be looking for their best win of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 07, 2018, 04:11:39 PM
Get Moyes in, he may just have an answer and with the benefit of the January window we may be able to put up a fight against relegation.

Afraid that with Jocanovic it is getting worse by the match, Liverpool must be looking for their best win of the season.

🆘
Cods Eyes will turn an unhappy disjointed ship into an even unhappier disjointed ship, with players ready to jump overboard to get away from him.
The best place he can end up on is walking the plank or even better being Keel Hauled

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Riversider on November 07, 2018, 02:44:11 PM

Careful, Mince at times is naive, but spends most of his time living in his garden shed, just ask his Mrs!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

Moyes,won't wear players who don't die for the shirt,he was responsible for turning round west spam last year and got there striker arnutiviech firing with some tough love,he got em organised as they were going down.
I didn't know hes been at a last couple of games and if slav goes would be happy with Moyes,very happy!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 07, 2018, 03:56:34 PM
It's not being a bad fan to say we're likely to get stuffed at Anfield. They and City are different breeds quality-wise and play a style that will tear us to shreds. The City match away ended 3-0 only by the grace of their missing a ton of other great chances. It easily could have been 7-0 or worse. We can't even hold the ball against Huddersfield, and people think we'll be OK against Liverpool. Count me in as skeptical.

My biggest issue with Slav is the lack of any discernable progress in fixing the issues that have arisen over the last 7-8 matches. We have gotten progressively worse. We were just outplayed by the two worst sides in the league, and looked incompetent at home against Bournemouth -- a fine side, but no Chelsea or Tottenham, for sure. He's trying. He just has no answers and the spirit of the team seems to be completely extinguished. I don't see how that will change in this next run of five matches that includes away trips to Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United. Then just about half the season is gone.

Thankfully, there are 4-5 other teams almost as bad as we are, so this is salvagable. I just don't think Jokanovic can do it ... or he would have figured something out by now, instead of watching the team get worse and worse each week.

Agreed. I love Joka, but I am first and foremost a Fulham fan.

seasidepeter

Chris Coleman where are you???

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk