watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer policy

Started by jeremyfulham, November 07, 2018, 01:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

This 2 boxes ticked policy for new signings I suggest one of the boxes that MUST be ticked before signing new players is does he have a heart/backbone !
Minimum requirement for me is how much does a player " want it " FTID  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

That is the most important box.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Agreed. Or in Bryan's case, a box to tick swap for Targett if he's a crock.

Jamie88

an IQ test wouldn't go amiss either!

Baszab

How about a box for "are they suitable for PL"
Or
"Can the manager fit them into his team "

Woolly Mammoth

How about a box to box their ears.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JakeFFC

My thoughts on this issue are that the system works but is also fundamentally flawed.

Stay with me here.

We know it has been reported that the stats need to like the player and the scouts need to say yes they are a good player.

I think the problem is there isn't a pragmatic approach. For example Anguissa is a good player in my opinion (I also liked matt smith, maybe its just me) but he is also a CDM who has never played on his own as CDM. He has always been part of a pair.

Stats say - good player.
Scouts say - good payer

Doesn't fit into the system.

Is it potentially the scouts have a box for yes and no but no comments for exceptions? E.G good player, not for our formation.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JakeFFC on November 08, 2018, 02:03:58 PM
My thoughts on this issue are that the system works but is also fundamentally flawed.

Stay with me here.

We know it has been reported that the stats need to like the player and the scouts need to say yes they are a good player.

I think the problem is there isn't a pragmatic approach. For example Anguissa is a good player in my opinion (I also liked matt smith, maybe its just me) but he is also a CDM who has never played on his own as CDM. He has always been part of a pair.

Stats say - good player.
Scouts say - good payer

Doesn't fit into the system.

Is it potentially the scouts have a box for yes and no but no comments for exceptions? E.G good player, not for our formation.

Good point.