watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lineup for Southampton

Started by bornafulhamfan, November 11, 2018, 09:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

I would stick with 4-2-3-1 and make just two changes(one being Bryan, if he's fit)

If Joe Bryan is fit, I would go for :
Rico
Odoi Mawson MLM Bryan
Chambers Zambo
Vietto Cairney Sess
Mitro

Bench:Betts, Christie, Ream, Seri, Stefjo, Schuerrle, Ayite.

If he's not fit then Christie goes instead of him moving MLM to lb and Odoi to cb as well as Zambo to the bench. I would choose Vietto instead of Schuerrle simply because of his work rate and he is our top assist provider too. Who would you choose?

Facts Not Fiction

Rico

Christie Mawson Le Marchand Bryan

Chambers Anguissa

Vietto Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Statto

Rico

Christie Odoi Mawson Bryan/Le Marchand

Chambers Anguissa

Schurrle Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Don't like Schurrle's lack of energy but at home to a poor team, I'd be starting him purely for his attacking flair. Sub off after 60 mins

Sting of the North

I cannot believe that people would drop Odoi, and why anyone sees MLM as a better option. Have seen all games this season, MLM has been somewhere between half poor and decent in almost every game. Nothing against the guy at all, he seem a decent footballer that puts in a decent effort, but Odoi has been our best player by far this season in my opinion.

Wouldn't change much from today, maybe Ayite in for Schürrle, and Bryan for MLM if fit.

twang

With hopefully both Bryan and KMac fit I'd go for the team below:

Rico
Christie - Odoi - Mawson - Bryan
McDonald - Anguissa
Schürrle - Cairney - Sessegnon
Mitrovic

Subs: Bettinelli, Le Marchand, Chambers, Johansen, Seri, Kebano & Vietto

Schürrle is needed against beatable teams at home as he's capable of creating something from nothing but away from home I'd play Ayite or Kebano there. Le Marchand and Chambers are unlucky to lose out but I think Bryan and KMac offers more in attack, which will be needed as it's a defensively balanced team.

Snibbo

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 11, 2018, 09:25:30 PM
Rico

Christie Mawson Le Marchand Bryan

Chambers Anguissa

Vietto Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic
This please

fulhamfever

Now we might end up with Robert Huth on a free transfer he worked with Ranieri didn't he bring it on

filham

Try to continue with the system and line up that worked quite well against Liverpool but Anguissa has to have a spell of bench warming and be replaced by MacDonald if fit or Johansen. Both of these players have a good work rate and will not let you down.

Rico

Christie           Odoi             Mawson               Le Marchand

Chambers                     MacDonald

Schurrle            Cairney                Sess.

Mitrovic

Kamara to be on the bench and ready to replace Schurrle after 60 minutes to add a physical element for the last half hour.

RaySmith

Is Ranieri a fairly defensive manager, likes to hit teams on the break?

I expect some changes in set up.

Madman Maddle

Ranieri: "In Valencia they wanted me to play the tiki taka. But I told the directors: 'You signed the wrong Coach, I don't like to keep the ball'. I was sure they'd kick me out. But they showed me trust, because my boys used to run like the wind."

"I give my strikers freedom to attack and cut across the lines, as long as we immediately return to a 4-4-2 as soon as the ball is lost. I always tell them: 'Remember that I am Italian, we must know how to defend before anything else'."

Rico
Odoi - Chambers - Mawson - Marchand
Schurrle - Zambo - Cairney - Sess
Kamara - Mitro

Yarden

Here is an article that explains the style he plays. Think we are in for some changes.

Expecting another striker in january.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/30/how-claudio-ranieris-tactics-put-his-rivals-to-shame-at-leiceste/

Neutral Zone Ultra

Rico
TFM   Mawson   MLM     Bryan
      Chambers   Anguissa
Vietto       Cairney      Sessegnon
               Mitrovic

Subs:
Bettinelli
Christie
Odoi
McDonald
Seri
Schürrle
Kebano

This is dependent on whether Claudio feels TFM is disciplined enough. If not, he needs to work on it with him, and if he feels he isn't ready for Southampton then play Christie. I'm also undecided between Vietto and Schürrle on the right, it's not really either of their natural positions but I think Vietto edges it in terms of pace and crossing ability.

Burt

Rico

Christie Odoi Mawson Bryan

Chambers Anguissa

Schurrle Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Moltobueno

We will probably play 4-4-2 as Mitrovic our main target in attack and another striker who has got the fastest legs.

Rico
Christie     Odoi     Mawson     MLM

Schurrle   Cairney  Anguissa   Sessegnon

Vietto       Mitrovic

Subs: Bettinelli, Chambers, Ream, Johansen, Kebano, Kamara

@jolslover

Quote from: Moltobueno on November 14, 2018, 12:08:26 PM
We will probably play 4-4-2 as Mitrovic our main target in attack and another striker who has got the fastest legs.

Rico

Vietto       Mitrovic

This is what I think Ranieri will go with.
STH H3

MrFFC

Quote from: @jolslover on November 14, 2018, 03:43:48 PM

Rico

Vietto       Mitrovic

Please no Vietto he is poor
Come on you Whites!! :)

WokinghamWhite

I see Berbatov has been quick to comment saying that Ranieri will choose the players who work the hardest. Well that's Seri out of the squad for the rest of the season.

Bassey the warrior

For me let's keep the same line up. No need to rush Bryan back. I thought Schurrle tried hard to track back and Chambers and Rico as well as Sess were our standout players.

Bassey the warrior

Rico

Vietto       Mitrovic

You can't assume we'll play like Leicester. Ranieri is a pragmatist who has changed styles with each team if needed.

He'll know 4-4-2 doesn't suit us.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: MrFFC on November 14, 2018, 05:39:38 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 14, 2018, 03:43:48 PM

Rico

Vietto       Mitrovic

Please no Vietto he is poor

I've not been a huge fan of Vietto so far but in a 4-4-2... I actually think that could be brilliant!!!!