watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal Analysis: V Liverpool

Started by Milo, November 13, 2018, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Will try to keep this running each week. I think it's important to be aware that a player's game performance cannot be judged entirely on individual incidents, but they are pivotal moments in the game nonetheless.

Goal 1: Odoi or Christie playing Salah onside. Hard to see which from the highlights on Sky but Odoi does step up and Christie appears to be more slow to react.

Fault: 50% Christie 50% Odoi until we see a better angle

Goal 2: Cairney does peel off Shaqiri and leaves him unmarked (which he shouldn't do unless Christie has picked him up), but it's clear Christie is ball watching and is not keeping an eye on Shaqiri's movement.

Fault: 70% Cairney 30% Christie

So, I suppose I would conclude that at the pivotal moments in the game Christie has been involved. I think this rehashes the great Fosu Mensah V Christie debate but the bigger picture is it further confirms the need for a new RB as a priority in January.

colinwhite

Cairney leaves his man and tries to push up for the 2nd goal against liverpool. No communication between cairney and Christie but Toms fault in my book.

MJG

Christie is ball watching in the sense he is facing the action with Tom behind him with his man and Christie is marking his zone. What inspired Tom to move so far away the pool player I'll never know. Watched it a few times and it's a dereliction of duty in my book by TC.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

On Odoi trying to play offside with that player was always suicidal. By taking that split second to think I'll call offside and put my arm up has given the attacker the advantage.
Just the views of a long term fan

colinwhite

Playing push up when the opposition has the ball,and we have no pressure on it is never a great idea !

ScalleysDad

Goal No.2 is down to TC . Prior to the cross and whilst the players were taking their positions Christie would have known TC was behind him taking up 'the zone' and I guess he would have expected him to stay there. Watching it in real time what TC did was unbelievable.

bahay18

i think tom has to hold his hands up for this one . Ball was half cleared and he wandered off .

Milo

So I think we all agree putting the blame in Christie's court across the two goals is too harsh? That Cairney was at fault for goal two and that Christie was just the poor bloke who happened to be nearby?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Milo on November 13, 2018, 10:37:15 PM
So I think we all agree putting the blame in Christie's court across the two goals is too harsh? That Cairney was at fault for goal two and that Christie was just the poor bloke who happened to be nearby?

Yup. Good cross, cool finish, rubbish defending, Christie hung out to dry. That being said Christie should be a starter next time round.

HV71

Not really Christie's fault - as it pointed out on MOTD early in the attack he looks and Tom is there - when he next looks Tom has wandered off  ( to find a right foot or something - we will never know )

ScalleysDad

Quote from: HV71 on November 13, 2018, 11:01:31 PM
Not really Christie's fault - as it pointed out on MOTD early in the attack he looks and Tom is there - when he next looks Tom has wandered off  ( to find a right foot or something - we will never know )

BOOOM TISH.

The Rock

Really appreciate this Milo. God forbid we keep a clean sheet.