more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brian McBride -- A Real American Hero shirt sale

Started by S8C, October 14, 2010, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S8C

Greetings Fulham Fans,

My name is Dan Martin, I'm Director of Communications for Section 8 Chicago, the Independent Supporters' Association for the Chicago Fire Soccer Club. I'm writing to let you know that we are organizing a pre-sale of supporter-designed, supporter-produced tshirts honoring USA and Fulham legend Brian McBride and his impending retirement from the game.

We guessed that members of your web community would be interested in purchasing some of the shirts. All money from the sale will go to our club's charitable organization, the Chicago Fire Foundation. All relevant information on the shirt sale, including images and ordering information, can be found via our web site, here:

http://section8chicago.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=542:brian-mcbride-qa-real-american-heroq-shirt-represale&catid=1:general-supporter-news&Itemid=161

Thanks for your time, and if you have any questions, please post and let me know.

LBNo11

...thanks for that S8C, I'm sure it will generate a lot of sales, especially with our 'septic' contingent. McGod is a player we all held in very high esteem for his work-rate and professionalism - oh! and his goals.. :clap_hands:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

duffbeer

LBNo11

mrska

Interesting stuff..  Mcbride ranks as one of my all time favourite Fulham players!

duffbeer

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 14, 2010, 09:03:58 PM
Quote from: duffbeer on October 14, 2010, 08:50:45 PM
Take note, LB is equating Americans to sewage.

...you really think that? :58:

Infected then?   Is that what you mean?  Just dont say we smell of elderberries.  I wouldnt be able to take that.

LBNo11

...are you two for real? The term 'septic' is rhyming slang for septic tank - or YANK, ask American Mike if it is intended as an insult..!

WhiteJC

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 14, 2010, 09:43:45 PM
...are you two for real? The term 'septic' is rhyming slang for septic tank - or YANK, ask American Mike if it is intended as an insult..!

careful LB, they might think your implying that they are full of it  :dft012:  :wum:

Logicalman

.. now, if he had said 'Arthurs', you might want to complain!!  :011:  :005:

LBNo11

Quote from: Logicalman on October 15, 2010, 10:06:49 AM

...will you two stop stirring it - it's bad enough that Mo and American James jumped to a negative conclusion without you making it worse!

Now which of you want to explain this version to them as they obviously have taken a dislike to me:-

Logicalman

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 15, 2010, 10:13:24 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 15, 2010, 10:06:49 AM

...will you two stop stirring it - it's bad enough that Mo and American James jumped to a negative conclusion without you making it worse!

Now which of you want to explain this version to them as they obviously have taken a dislike to me:-

Well, back in the day there was a young lad called Arthur ... er, well, it hasn't got much to do with the film by the same name, just read the following (where it mentions slang)  J. Arthur Rank

finnster01

Septic is indeed the classic term. There is also the lesser known term "wooden".
I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to work that one out.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

White Noise

Septic is definitely not derogatory or ever said in derogatory way. It is simply rhyming slang - Septic tank = Yank.  :dft009:

Loving the shirt by the way -

HatterDon

I gotta tell you, all the years I lived in England and all the years I've studied it, I never heard "septic." I honestly assumed that LB#11 had missed both spellings of "skeptic/sceptic" in his usual ham-fisted way.

Also, when I lived in England "J. Arthur" referred to something else that rhymed with "Rank."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

RidgeRider

I think the beauty of cockney rhyming slang is given our propensity to shorten things, it doesn't actually have to rhyme!

LB, as you know by now, we're an overly sensitive lot.  :012:

finnster01

And Mr RR, I now live in the rap infested part of the world where they think they know how to rhyme.

Bring back Motown please. At least there was a bit of life and emotion in that.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on October 15, 2010, 03:51:20 PM
And Mr RR, I now live in the rap infested part of the world where they think they know how to rhyme.

Bring back Motown please. At least there was a bit of life and emotion in that.

Agreed. I think the Motown sound captured everyone's attention, it to me, sounds as good today, as it did when I was a little kid.

I don't listen to Rap but know people that do. I find it mostly offensive, however will admit that occassionally, I will hear something that is actually good.

You must be bombarded by it where you are. I think there is a book in you about your experiences living in a neighborhood where you are minority, I will bet it has been VERY interesting.

epsomraver

It would be helpful if you had the shipping costs to the USA on your web site Dan, if you preorder the shirts there is no way of knowing the carriage costs, also is there a colour choice?