Have we improved under Ranieri?

Yes
35 (67.3%)
No
17 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Facts Not Fiction

For me, 100%.

Today was poor, but people have seemingly forgotten the last 3 decent performances.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Definitely, a big improvement overall.

VancouverWhite

In any sport, you will have an improvement immediately upon changing coaches. 

We were never going to beat the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Citeh with our lineup this year.

Our schedule was incredibly front loaded, a bit unfair to Joka, but hopefully we can take advantage of it now and pick up 3 or 4 wins before it's all said and done. 

We don't need much to stay alive.

filham

I am not yet sure whether we are improving, the same question needs to be asked again next week.

davew

No not at all, too many of our players are just going through the motions of pretending to show desire and character when in fact they are not, the cameras do not lie!! 1/2 of our squad should be shown the door and make way for players who are hungry to play for FFC!!! We need to prepare for the Championship next season so form a team at the end of January who will be well prepared for next season, not another splash the cash exercise especially on players who have not played in any of the English Football Leagues, this last window has been a disaster!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I feel we have improved a little, but CR has a hell of job on his hands, and he won't save us with the current players.
Many of them lack guts and passion.
I hope the club are oiling and greasing the entrance door to Motspur Park, and sweeping all the tumbleweed away. Because we are going to need a regiment of better competive players marching through those doors in January.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

This is not a narrative about two managers - either the current or previous. Both are good men who have a preferred style of play. They both need players that suit their philosophy. They do not need players who suits third party or a statiscal template.
This is a narrative about players who can be effective for a manager's preferred modus operandi. Anything less sells them short.
The mistakes of previous seasons will either be remedied in January or not / even then it nay be too late
The recruitment system has to be more geared to what the manager wants and needs

ffcthereligion

No we haven't. The only thing that's changed is that we look less likely to score.

nose returns

We improved when chambers moved to CM.
That was v liverpool
We really good v liverpool and not bad v man city
We were abysmal v huddersfield iknow but i do think the liverpool game was key
Ranieri has done nothing to show he has a plan that is inspiring
When roy came in he had an absolute rigid plan and we just got away with it, i always liked roy and could see method
Ranieri believes in himself but has no plan.... i admire the positive thinking of those that are seeing something that just isn't there.
Come the end of january it will be no better and we will hear it will take time for the 'new signings' to settle in. Any new players have to hit the ground running. But i have no faith in our purchasing policy, none, zero and that is the biggest issue to address

aster

Improved- compared with what? If compared with the first couple of EPL matches under Jokanovic, then not, not at all, it is about the same. If compared with his last couple of games, with the exception of Liverpool- yes. I'm afraid it is just a reaction to a new manager, though.

The truth here is...this team was selected in a way that makes it incredibly unbalanced, and no amount of scapegoats in the shape of Clyne, Jokanovic etc...can mask that.

Statto

Against Southampton I thought we showed some spirit that we hadn't under Jokanovic. But that is the natural short-term boost you get from any new manager coming in.

Overall, I don't think any of the four results have been different to what we'd have got under Jokanovic, and the team selection, tactics and substitutions today suggest Ranieri is no closer to working out our best XI than Jokanovic was.

In fact we took two steps back today IMO, because Odoi and Mawson had started to look decent at CB and Chambers looked great in front of them. Why on earth he chose to swap two of them out for two players who've been terrible thus far, Ream and Anguissa, is absolutely beyond me.   

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2018, 01:10:45 AM
Against Southampton I thought we showed some spirit that we hadn't under Jokanovic. But that is the natural short-term boost you get from any new manager coming in.

Overall, I don't think any of the four results have been different to what we'd have got under Jokanovic, and the team selection, tactics and substitutions today suggest Ranieri is no closer to working out our best XI than Jokanovic was.

In fact we took two steps back today IMO, because Odoi and Mawson had started to look decent at CB and Chambers looked great in front of them. Why on earth he chose to swap two of them out for two players who've been terrible thus far, Ream and Anguissa, is absolutely beyond me.   
you don't think chambers was injured then, and had to be swapped out? And also, he's probably just had enough of Christie and that's why he moved odoi.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2018, 01:10:45 AM

He said Chambers was a precautionary change. And I guess Christie wasn't fit enough.

Both have been good performers in recent weeks, and keeping them fresh for the next 4 important games was logical. I guess that is also why he took Cairney and Mitrovic off at HT.

Bassey the warrior

Overall we've definitely improved but this was big regression. First half absolute disgrace and I stopped watching after the horrendous sending off decision. To me it showed we need Chambers and we need Odoi at centre back over Ream. Definitely need to boost the squad in Jan.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Unbeaten at home and lost to two big clubs away. Yes.

Statto

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 09, 2018, 11:56:37 AM

And the equivalent fixtures under Jokanovic...

Southampton home = Burnley home
Chelsea away = Liverpool away
Leicester home = Watford home
Man Utd away = any of several dire performances

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2018, 04:22:14 PM

And the equivalent fixtures under Jokanovic...

Southampton home = Burnley home
Chelsea away = Liverpool away
Leicester home = Watford home
Man Utd away = any of several dire performances
'any of several' - that's the point.
Ranieri has achieved almost the same points total in 4 games that Jokanović managed in 12. And in 3 out of those 4 games I thought we played noticably better than most games under Jokanović, especially towards the end of his tenure.

Lighthouse

We played ok at the beginning of the season. Then for whatever reason we had match after match since the Brighton game of appearing like strangers. We were embarrassing to watch. The worst team displays for years.

CR has come in and we have until the first half yesterday looked far more compact and far more organised. The first half yesterday was back to the confused, stranger danger, lack of effort.

Fans will have their opinion and have got into the habit of blaming everything on the new players. But there is an improvement. I just wonder as I have stated before if that improvement is good enough for us to stay in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose returns

I hope your positive spin is more correct than my gloom and doom.
I see no improvement.
Sure we beat the bottom side conceeding twice
Sure we got a point against a less than full strength leicester who could have been three or four up in the first 25
We were one down to chelsea after 4 mins and it could have been half a dozen by half time
And yesterday was a shambles

The new manager continues to pick a very out of form seri and play TC out of position.

@jolslover

Quote from: nose on December 09, 2018, 06:56:26 PM

I hope your positive spin is more correct than my gloom and doom.
I see no improvement.
Sure we beat the bottom side conceeding twice
Sure we got a point against a less than full strength leicester who could have been three or four up in the first 25
We were one down to chelsea after 4 mins and it could have been half a dozen by half time
And yesterday was a shambles

The new manager continues to pick a very out of form seri and play TC out of position.

Where is Cairneys normal position??
STH H3