https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gentleman Jim and Seri

Started by FulhamStu, December 11, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: KJS on December 11, 2018, 03:01:51 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 11, 2018, 10:48:26 AM
I love Jim, have met him and know he bleeds black and white.

That said, listening again yesterday to the commentary from Jim on the Leicester game it was very obvious he has little time for Seri.  Jamie was constantly saying that Seri was having a good game but Jim rarely acknowledged it.  Also, every time Chambers did anything good Jim commented and mainly
commented on things Seri did wrong ignoring most of his good contributions.

I suspect Jim hoped, thought and expected Seri would give us more, I think most of us feel similarly but it still does mean he is a poor player.  I wonder if this contributes to Seris lack of popularity.

Perhaps GJ is a racist??

?Why?

sunburywhite

Quote from: filham on December 11, 2018, 06:58:45 PM
We have Anquissi, Seri, Cairney, McDonald, Johansen and Chambers to choose from for the three midfielders. The manager , as a matter of urgency, mus decide on his best three and then crack the whip to make them play as he wants and to get the best out of them
A new ball winning midfielder would be useful but any new signing has to be better than those already available.

What about De La Torre?  Might be worth a look
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

DevonFFC

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 11, 2018, 10:56:59 AM
Seri and Anguissa came with big reputations and a joint price tag of close to £50 million quid. Their performances individually and collectively (as was the case at Man U, especially the 1st 45 when both were beyond hopeless) have been so far below the standard you would expect given either price tag or reputation it's astounding. Facts are we're bottom of the league and a big factor of that is we blew a massive part of a huge transfer outlay on two players who have contributed to that poor performance overall. A couple of top championship players or premiership squad players instead would have offered more at less £££.

Price tags.... pretty certain the players didn't set them. Shouldn't be judged on a price tag.

KJS

Quote from: Twig on December 11, 2018, 07:48:13 PM

That said, listening again yesterday to the commentary from Jim on the Leicester game it was very obvious he has little time for Seri.  Jamie was constantly saying that Seri was having a good game but Jim rarely acknowledged it.  Also, every time Chambers did anything good Jim commented and mainly

I suspect Jim hoped, thought and expected Seri would give us more, I think most of us feel similarly but it still does mean he is a poor player.  I wonder if this contributes to Seris lack of popularity.

Perhaps GJ is a racist??

?Why?

Why not after all he praised Chambers (white) and criticized Seri (black) ??

FulhamStu

Quote from: KJS on December 11, 2018, 08:11:51 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 11, 2018, 07:48:13 PM

Perhaps GJ is a racist??

?Why?

Why not after all he praised Chambers (white) and criticized Seri (black) ??

This is really silly to suggest it's anything to do with colour of skin.

I suspect he sees Chambers giving 100% and Seri less so.

My points were about the general anti Seri thing which I think has got out of hand plus the fact that Seri is a very good player and we need to get the best out of him which you do not do by being anti Seri.

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 11, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
My points were about the general anti Seri thing which I think has got out of hand plus the fact that Seri is a very good player and we need to get the best out of him which you do not do by being anti Seri.
I disagree.  Professional footballers are largely self driven (as most of us are) into giving the best of themselves in the circumstances they are in.  They should also be impervious to general criticism of performances other than to try to be better next time and if that involves help with certain issues, e.g. position and organisation, to ensure they understand what the manager requires.  Seri is paid a lot of money every day to give his best and that should be enough incentive to deliver.   Criticism of something doesn't mean you are anti-it.  It just means you are critical of it.

Bill2

Just watched the full 90 and I thought Jim was a bit restrained generally and seemed to miss a lot of the things he would normally be on top of. I don't think he really criticised Seri who apart from some woeful back tracking didn't seem to play that bad.