watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too- ing and fro-ing re anguissa and seri

Started by bobbo, December 16, 2018, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

It's simple just ask yourselves , would they get in or be wanted by any other prem club.

I reserve my answer.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

@jolslover

The answer is yes. I think Seri would shine in a stable prem team, and the interest was definitely there, with Arsenal and Chelsea close to completing a deal for him before Arsenal went with Torreira and Chelsea announced Sari. As for Anguissa I think many prem clubs would be interested in picking up a midfielder who's started a Europa league final at 22.
Ask that question for Kmac and Johansen.  The answer is no.
STH H3

Facts Not Fiction

If you witnessed how inept we were after Seri came off yesterday, you'll see how important he is.

Tonywa

I think Seri looks to be a very talented player, but seems to be totally unsuited to the role he has so far been asked to play in the Fulham side.

cottage expat

Seri is fine but Anguissa is totally out of his depth in the Premier league IMO.

The Rational Fan

Based on last years performance in Ligue 1, Anguissa is easily good enough to be excellent against weaker opponents such as Newcastle, Wolves, Huddersfield, Oldham and Burnley.

Selling Seri and Anguissa for $10 million each could be a much bigger mistake than buying them for $25m each.

MJG

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 16, 2018, 05:45:32 PM
If you witnessed how inept we were after Seri came off yesterday, you'll see how important he is.
For all his faults at the moment if the best you can replace him with is SJ who just basically chased around like a kid in school playground he should have stayed on.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Seri and Anguissa will find EPL suitors at a reduced price sure. They wouldn't at current inflated levels. Still hold hope for both but I think they're stock would have slightly reduced so far this season. I'd still probably pick both for my starting lineups too.

filham

Quote from: bobbo on December 16, 2018, 04:49:51 PM
It's simple just ask yourselves , would they get in or be wanted by any other prem club.

I reserve my answer.
Change the question to would any other Premier League club want them after seeing their Fulham stats and watching them play for Fulham.

Then I think think you have a couple of definite " no thank you, not at any price"

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on December 17, 2018, 12:19:31 PM

I reserve my answer.
Change the question to would any other Premier League club want them after seeing their Fulham stats and watching them play for Fulham.

Then I think think you have a couple of definite " no thank you, not at any price"

Do you really think Seri wouldn't find a EPL suitor at a highly discounted price?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 17, 2018, 12:26:55 PM

I reserve my answer.

Do you really think Seri wouldn't find a EPL suitor at a highly discounted price?

Anguissa's statistics in ligue 1 last year where as good as Fabian Delph were in premier league last year. Fabian Delph statistics in premier league 2011/12 (when he was 22/23) are similar to Anguissa's statistics this year so far, and could end up better than Fabian Delphs statistics at the same age. Anguissa may take time to adjust to the EPL, but he only needs to get back to his performance last year to be a world beater against Oldham in the FA Cup. A great FA cup match may be a turning point for Anguissa.

Dodger53

You can stick the statistics where the sun does not shine, neither of these players are EPL quality IMO. The sooner they can be sold the better, maybe Burnley would what them!

elgreenio

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 17, 2018, 12:46:05 PM

I reserve my answer.

Anguissa's statistics in ligue 1 last year where as good as Fabian Delph were in premier league last year. Fabian Delph statistics in premier league 2011/12 (when he was 22/23) are similar to Anguissa's statistics this year so far, and could end up better than Fabian Delphs statistics at the same age. Anguissa may take time to adjust to the EPL, but he only needs to get back to his performance last year to be a world beater against Oldham in the FA Cup. A great FA cup match may be a turning point for Anguissa.

so what you're saying is that we need to play Anguissa at left back for him to really shine?

touch my camera through the fence

AnOldBrownie

Think about it from the perspective of the 14 premier league teams we've played. If I were Cardiff or Huddersfield would you start Seri over any of your existing midfielders?  If so, why? Because of potential? Because of passes completed?

I watch a lot of EPL games and most teams have better starting midfielders than seri...on his current form. 

He would get signed...but I think he'd be a luxury squad player.

I reserve my answer.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Dodger53 on December 17, 2018, 04:12:51 PM
You can stick the statistics where the sun does not shine, neither of these players are EPL quality IMO. The sooner they can be sold the better, maybe Burnley would what them!
You can pretend stats don't exist but the truth is like it or not that they count and that all clubs, not just us, use them.

davew

I reserve my answer.
Will keep my answer simple, yes, but only on a free transfer!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

+1, but having watched Burnley v Spurs, they don't need either of them!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: davew on December 17, 2018, 08:29:31 PM
+1, but having watched Burnley v Spurs, they don't need either of them!

Every game i have seen with Anguissa the statistics are spot on. The whoscored statistics imply that "Anguissa vs Manchester United" (5.1 whoscored) needs to drop down around five divisions to be a starter, "Anguissa vs Tottenham"(6.90) a decent premier league player, "Anguissa vs Ligue-1" (7.11) needs a tougher challenge than Ligue 1.

If Anguissa just produces his last years statistics against the bottom half of the premier league, he'll be very valuable to Fulham. Anguissa statistics seem to be a good indication of his performance and they indicate he has had a shocking decrease in form like Ream and McDonald.

Mitch

It was stark. Not sure how much of that is to Seri's credit, or to the behest of Johansen though. Probably somewhere in the middle. Once Seri went off, we lost the midfield entirely and the game as well and truly over.

MJG

Quote from: Mitch on December 19, 2018, 10:55:43 AM

It was stark. Not sure how much of that is to Seri's credit, or to the behest of Johansen though. Probably somewhere in the middle. Once Seri went off, we lost the midfield entirely and the game as well and truly over.
Last 25 mins we did pretty much nothing to worry WHU. We went from nearly 60% of the ball to it almost 50/50 and chances wise from 15-3 to 1-3 in the last part of the game. Pasees and possession also reduced.
I love Johansen and have a shirt of his hanging up ijn my house. But he seems so short in the PL its quite sad.
Just the views of a long term fan