News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many of those players need replacing ?

Started by Riversider, December 26, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Out of all those players involved today , how many of them are either not good enough to play in The Premier League or just need replacing ?
These are on my list,
Tom Cairney,
Tim Ream,
Cyrus Christie,
Joe Bryan,
A Kamara,
A Schurrle,
K McDonald,
I've cut Odoi some slack as he's probably the best of a very bad bunch,
The problem we face is that we have 7 players clearly not good enough to be playing in The Premier League, contrast that with Cardiff and Huddersfield who are both looking for just a striker or two and not much else whereas our problems are all over the pitch,
Last season after the January window closed our starting eleven virtually picked itself all bar one position, wide right, and yet we did nothing to address it, the same with right back, Fredericks told the club in January that he was leaving, so that gave our scouting team 8 months to find a replacement,  but yet again they failed miserably,
Before we play Burnley we MUST have a new right back and a wide right forward player with pace,
Our saving grace is still the fact that season 2018/2019 is going to be remembered as the weakest that it has ever been as far as the bottom 4 is concerned, the fact that we are second from bottom in a season that is so poor kinda sums it all up really,
Last January the transfer window got us promoted, this coming January the window has to keep us up, without it we are down.

Porthogs FC

Cairney, Schurrle, Mcdonald, Vietto, Ream for me.Replaced by CF, RW, RWB, CB, LW/RW. Don't need more bodies, just different team make up.
I liked how we looked today. I thought we'd be lucky to draw, instead it looked like they were lucky to draw

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Porthogs FC on December 26, 2018, 08:48:43 PM
Cairney, Schurrle, Mcdonald, Vietto, Ream for me.Replaced by CF, RW, RWB, CB, LW/RW. Don't need more bodies, just different team make up.
I liked how we looked today. I thought we'd be lucky to draw, instead it looked like they were lucky to draw

Of course TFM can go back as well.

Milo

From the first team?

Probably agree with your list. Perhaps a bit harsh on AK.

Wouldn't sell any of them as all can do a job off bench and we need one eye on the Championship next season.

If books needed to be balanced then sell Cairney for £10m? Would also allow Mitro to be permanent captain and give him incentive to stay at the club.

Statto

Only 4 of those started today, and 1 of those 4 (Bryan) can be replaced by Sessegnon.

I'm also fine with either Kamara or Schurrle starting (although not both).

So for me how many need replacing - 3. Ream, Christie and either Kamara or Schurrle.

Players like McDonald and Cairney are fine coming off the bench and better than most (if not all) of Cardiff's and Huddersfield's players.

Woolly Mammoth

Schurrle, Christie, Ream, Mcdonald, there are a couple more maybe, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 26, 2018, 09:11:04 PM
Schurrle, Christie, Ream, Mcdonald, there are a couple more maybe, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment.
Agree, I was patient with Schürrle, and actually I think his passing was pretty good today but for a winger he just doesn't have the pace unfortunately. Which is strange, I always remembered him as rapid when he played for Germany and the scum.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on December 26, 2018, 09:06:02 PM
Only 4 of those started today, and 1 of those 4 (Bryan) can be replaced by Sessegnon.

Which Sessegnon are you referring to?   People need to stop trying to increase Ryan's defensive duties.   He's an attacker.

Fricken buy an actual premiere league left back, or continue to play Joe there.

I agree that Joe isn't a starting premiere league left back though.  Not fast enough or strong enough.   Offers nothing on set pieces.

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 26, 2018, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 26, 2018, 09:06:02 PM

Which Sessegnon are you referring to?   People need to stop trying to increase Ryan's defensive duties.   He's an attacker.

Fricken buy an actual premiere league left back, or continue to play Joe there.

I agree that Joe isn't a starting premiere league left back though.  Not fast enough or strong enough.   Offers nothing on set pieces.

Ryan. He has spent the last couple of years alternating between LB and LW without being a perfect fit for either. If we are now going to start playing with a RWB, which Bryan was today, then I would say that role is tailor-made for Sess.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

davew

Quote from: Riversider on December 26, 2018, 08:39:00 PM
Out of all those players involved today , how many of them are either not good enough to play in The Premier League or just need replacing ?
These are on my list,
Tom Cairney,
Tim Ream,
Cyrus Christie,
Joe Bryan,
A Kamara,
A Schurrle,
K McDonald,

I think you are being too restrictive, I would have added Anguissa, Ayite and Kebano, but would keep AK if only for his attitude, also Seri is now off my leave list and 1/2 way up my remain list, we will probably see the best of him when it is too late though! Too many players need replacing so we might as well stick with what we have, we have seen the effect of too many players being brought in at the last window, so what is the point of a lot more changes considering our position and 1/2 the season gone? The writing is not yet on the wall but the pens are out ready! The last thing we need is more disruption, what we need to do is to start to build a team for next season which will take us back up to the PL if we get relegated. I don't see any instant fixes through the transfer window to keep us in the PL even if our owner spends another 200m.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

Quote from: davew on December 26, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 26, 2018, 08:39:00 PM
These are on my list,
Tom Cairney,
Tim Ream,
Cyrus Christie,
Joe Bryan,
A Kamara,
A Schurrle,
K McDonald,

I think you are being too restrictive, I would have added Anguissa, Ayite and Kebano, but would keep AK if only for his attitude, also Seri is now off my leave list and 1/2 way up my remain list, we will probably see the best of him when it is too late though! Too many players need replacing so we might as well stick with what we have, we have seen the effect of too many players being brought in at the last window, so what is the point of a lot more changes considering our position and 1/2 the season gone? The writing is not yet on the wall but the pens are out ready! The last thing we need is more disruption, what we need to do is to start to build a team for next season which will take us back up to the PL if we get relegated. I don't see any instant fixes through the transfer window to keep us in the PL even if our owner spends another 200m.

Anguissa definitely not good enough on showings so far...

Kebano... would agree but hasn't had a sniff yet really.

Ayite... I think you're being a bit harsh! I think he does a job when he comes on and makes us look a lot more balanced. Would've been the better sub today instead of Cairney as others have pointed out. Suits Ranieri's team more than Joka.

davew

Ok Milo, keep Ayite but he is not starting 11 or PL material! Ideally I want us to have 18 players who are good enough to play in the PL and we are way short of that total, Cardiff, Burnley and Huddersfield have the same problem as us (with worse squads), so maybe there is hope for us?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 26, 2018, 10:32:47 PM
Ok Milo, keep Ayite but he is not starting 11 or PL material! Ideally I want us to have 18 players who are good enough to play in the PL and we are way short of that total, Cardiff, Burnley and Huddersfield have the same problem as us (with worse squads), so maybe there is hope for us?

There is always hope, in the absence of recruiting Stone Cold Steve Austin from Skull Island, we have to find another way. CR, is trying to piece the jigsaw together one by one with who he has at his disposal. But even he is prone to errors of judgement as was shown in 2 of his bizarre substitutions today.
Nevertheless, I hope he has a cunning plan regarding the players he has identified he needs, if we are to dig ourselves out of this hole, with minimal interference from any amateurs including TK.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodger53

Schurrle and Christie have to go, dreadful, Bryan is not PL quality. Seri is slowly improving but not PL quality either. Zambo hasn't impressed but while I don't want to see him again I would need to see him a  bit more before deciding.

davew

Quote from: Dodger53 on December 27, 2018, 08:33:20 AM
Schurrle and Christie have to go, dreadful, Bryan is not PL quality. Seri is slowly improving but not PL quality either. Zambo hasn't impressed but while I don't want to see him again I would need to see him a  bit more before deciding.
I think Zambo has had enough games to show what he can do, or more accurately what he cannot do! There are not enough games left to experiment with any players hoping they can make the grade, he needs to be replaced as do a few others and preferably in the first week of January, but you know how Fulham operate, new signings arriving on the last day of the window which is not helpful.

toshes mate

From the original list Ream, Christie, Bryan and Kamara have shown me enough to warrant squad places.  Schurrle and Cairney seem difficult to assimilate into the kind of formations Ranieri is looking at, both lacking defensive, ball winning prowess as midfield.  Both are good enough for the PL, IMO, but in what manner of team and style?  It just keeps me returning to the summer and thinking just what the hell were a recruiters thinking about.  I conclude that most of the time they were just incapable of thought.

toshes mate

Quote from: toshes mate on December 27, 2018, 09:29:46 AM
From the original list Ream, Christie, Bryan and Kamara have shown me enough to warrant squad places.  Schurrle and Cairney seem difficult to assimilate into the kind of formations Ranieri is looking at, both lacking defensive, ball winning prowess as midfield.  Both are good enough for the PL, IMO, but in what manner of team and style?  It just keeps me returning to the summer and thinking just what the hell were  recruiters thinking about.  I conclude that most of the time they were just incapable of thought.

simplyfulham

Odoi is nowhere near good enough.

We'll remain in the relegation places as long as he remains in the first XI