News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many of those players need replacing ?

Started by Riversider, December 26, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Dodger53

It seems between us we want to replace almost everyone.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 27, 2018, 09:45:01 AM
Odoi is nowhere near good enough.

We'll remain in the relegation places as long as he remains in the first XI

Yes I have my doubts about Odoi despite the fact he more or less plays out of his skin most matches, and all credit to him there. He always seems to have a disastrous mistake in him somewhere.
But if we are serious about staying in the Premier League, we need an upgrade on him now in the January Window.
At least his heart is in it, which is more than I can say for others, but he is not the only one, there are others whose heart isn't even in it, so we need at least 4 upgrades if we are to gain an edge on our relegation rivals.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dodger53 on December 27, 2018, 10:02:06 AM
It seems between us we want to replace almost everyone.

Except for the bloke who works the 4th Turnstile to the right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2018, 10:13:28 AM
Quote from: simplyfulham on December 27, 2018, 09:45:01 AM
Odoi is nowhere near good enough.

We'll remain in the relegation places as long as he remains in the first XI

he more or less plays out of his skin most matches, and all credit to him there.

I would absolutely agree with you. His problems don't extend from a lack of effort or interest. He comes across as a superb bloke - similar to Ream. It's perfectly understandable why some warm to him so much.

But I think it's just too late for him to relearn his defensive deiscion making that has been so missing.

Dodger53

So we would like to change most of them but we all know we will only get one or two new players in so Odoi is probably staying just because he works and he cares. He does do some amazing things just not all good.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: maoconnor on December 26, 2018, 10:20:54 PM
Christie has been marvelous, come off it.

You're 'aving a laugh!!

It's not April 1st is it?

Dodger53

What one thing does Christie do well, he cannot defend at all, goes to ground instead of defending, to be fair he can do a sly grab around the shoulders or waist, he cannot stretch his legs and take a player on the wing, he can cut inside and lose the ball. Was he the only player with gloves on yesterday, so much easier to see those body grabs of his. He ambles around with all the time in the world to get into the right position but needs a breather when he gets there. Not athletic or a footballer so has to go and the sooner the better.

toshes mate

Odoi is a player to watch and understand.  His height and weight do not make him physically imposing and so he has to adapt his game mentally as each problem arrives, and he does it incredibly well whenever he plays.   For sure he makes mistakes but that happens, to my mind, when he has allowed himself to relax and presume 'what happens next' after pressure has been reduced.  The more he is pressured the better he seems to like it and do what he has to.   For sure we can buy better PL quality in a central defender or full back but I doubt we could find someone with a better heart, adaptability and utility for FFC.   Certainly been worth his weight in gold this season and last.

Sting of the North

I would say that first and foremost Christie needs to be replaced. He can maybe be a squad player but not more. Dodgy defending, offers some pace but virtually nothing else offensively.

Secondly, another CB would be good, preferably to replace Ream who looks out of his depth. Ream and/or MLM good squad options.

Thirdly, I agree that Sess could probably replace Bryan. Think Joe is lacking in both directions similar to Christie. Decent PL squad option, nothing more on showings so far.

Add a decent experienced midfielder (think a PL equivalent to last year's Norwood) to replace McDonald and/or Johansen on the bench and we should be good enough to stay up.

So, a starting RB/RWB, a starting CB and an experienced backup midfielder. Should be enough.

On top of that, would only go for obvious upgrades like if a top player would somehow be willing to join Fulham at this stage. Unlikely to find players obviously above the level of our current ones unfortunately.

Jims Dentist

AK must stay.
He has his faults but is learning and along with Mitro, they are our only players that the opposition seem to be wary of.
He and Christie are the only ones with any real pace.

The Rational Fan

Replace First XI Odoi (with RCB), Christie (with RB) and Kamara (with RW) so they start on the bench.

Add Second XI Premiership (ie Championship) players at defensive centre midfield, left back and centre forward.

Return or Loan out TFM, Cisse, Jonasen and Kebano. Loan Fabri and get a homegrown keeper to be the 3rd GK. Note, one of the six outfield players purchased needs to be homgrown or we also must loan out McDonald.