watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The manager

Started by nose returns, December 29, 2018, 10:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

I have never been a fan. He is a nice bloke, and was rewarded with a unique, not to be repeated triumph at Leicester.

Today his team selection backed up my opinion of him. He really does not know what he is doing. Vietto, instead of sess or schurrle? TC wide right?  Madness. And to play so deep surrendering possesion to such a poor team as huddersfield, ridiculous.

And we had no pace at the front and no players breaking from deep when we did get forward so mitro was 100% isolated.

Ak made a difference. I heard the manager say but for mawsom being hurt sess would have come on at half time.

No long ball nonsense worked, what worked was removing the fish out of water seri, and letting TC run the show.... and our goal, a slava special, rico quick to odoi , quick to TC to sess on the right playing an inch perfect through ball for mitro, proper football, slava football, not ranieri rubbish.

And MLM a player i have slated here, brilliant today, showed passion, intelligence and quality.

A shame chambers cannot start v arsenal, i am exoecting ranieri to make wholesale changes as a result because he is a poor manager, the wrong man. If we had to make a change somebody a little more inspiring.

Still a win is a win albeit a 91st minute quality goal, just one, against one of the poorest opponents i have seen in ages

JoelH5

All I know is we're currently 13th in the form table after the last 8 games. Slav will always be a great Fulham manager but  it unfortunately wasn't working. As long as Ranieri keeps us up, which looks a lot more possible than under Slav, I will most definitely be a fan of his.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

S.F.Sorrow

If he plays Cairney as a winger again I'll be the first person to want him out. But for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's not the first manager to make that mistake.

b+w geezer

Sort of know what the OP is geting at. However....games last 90+ minutes and generally go through phases. The trouble previously is that we tended to have our goose cooked early on and so whatever we did in later phases was irrelevant. Ranieri seems to be changing that, but inevitably not by magic.  Versus all of Newcastle, Wolves and Hudds we reached extra time with the chance of a win, albeit only once taken. This does not suggest a manager who "knows what he is doing" less than his predecessor.

alfie

I don't get some of this, his first and foremost objective is to keep us up, okthe first half was negative but did they score no, half time he changed it to go for the win. I tend to agree with another post who thinks some people want the beautiful 1-2 passing and let in a mountain of goals. Let's get our team secure then worry about the style of play.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on December 29, 2018, 10:39:53 PM
I don't get some of this, his first and foremost objective is to keep us up, okthe first half was negative but did they score no, half time he changed it to go for the win. I tend to agree with another post who thinks some people want the beautiful 1-2 passing and let in a mountain of goals. Let's get our team secure then worry about the style of play.

but sess and ak, give us far more protection at the back than schurrle, vietto and cairney (when played wide right)Do. Plus they are far superior going forward.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jimpav

Don't think Raineiri will be managing us this time next year but it's hard to argue with recent results; howveever strange the tactics are.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Jimpav on December 29, 2018, 10:49:26 PM

Don't think Raineiri will be managing us this time next year but it's hard to argue with recent results; howveever strange the tactics are.

How long is his contract?

Jimpav

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 29, 2018, 10:50:59 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on December 29, 2018, 10:49:26 PM

How long is his contract?

It's "multi-year", but I would be surprised if he will still be here next year. Would love to be proved wrong though.

H4usuallysitting

When Mitro scored, our managers reaction was like a man possessed - the win meant everything to him..... can't complain about Mr Ranieri, he's trying to make us difficult to beat....not losing gives us confidence & hopefully a chance to stay up

ChesterTheTabby

Ridiculous sentiments. We have won 2, tied 3, lost 3 with CR. What was our record with Salvisa again in the PL? He has shored up the leakiest defense in the league, provided us 2 clean sheets and 1 goal conceded in last 3 games. He's working to keep us up, not to please every supporter. Like him or dislike him, he's geting us results and we're up to 18th.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

Could see it as tactically inspired.
make sure we didn't ,again, go behind in the first half, then attack them in the second, with Vietto and seri  used to save Kamara and sess, and cairney in central midfield, for the second.
as he said, mawson's injury meant he couldn't bring on sess at half-time.

I loved slava, but we had no hope of staying up under him, the way we wer shipping goals. cr has had to sort out our awful defending, which he has, and we are still a work in progress, with new signings expected in the window.

a win is a win, and last week we were unlucky against brilliant wolves. I think we would have been hammered in that game under slava, and even today I think hudds would have scored, the way our defence was.

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on December 29, 2018, 11:18:18 PM
last week we were unlucky against brilliant wolves

That was a very poor Wolves performance. Yes we were unlucky to concede the equaliser but we were lucky not to play the "real" Wolves. And of course even the "real" Wolves is just a mid-table team, and we should be aiming to beat mid-table teams at the Cottage.

nose returns

We were playing a dreadful huddersfield team and set up to sit back and play on the break without any pace in the team and nobody breaking a neck to get foward
He played seri again despite a run of dreadfully ineffective performances.
He played TC wide, again, our best CM player thus stopping him be effecticpve
He did not play sess who in the last game scored and this one made a wonderful pass for mitro's goal.
And when ranieri finally puts tom in the right place, he shows what he can do picking out sess on that attack.

5 points from the last four games... huddersfield were bottom and poor and we struggled. Inside the ground their is a general feeling this is still a very bad state of affairs. 

I am glad there are those that have, as usual, blind faith.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: nose on December 29, 2018, 10:15:44 PM
I have never been a fan. He is a nice bloke, and was rewarded with a unique, not to be repeated triumph at Leicester.

Today his team selection backed up my opinion of him. He really does not know what he is doing. Vietto, instead of sess or schurrle? TC wide right?  Madness. And to play so deep surrendering possesion to such a poor team as huddersfield, ridiculous.

And we had no pace at the front and no players breaking from deep when we did get forward so mitro was 100% isolated.

Ak made a difference. I heard the manager say but for mawsom being hurt sess would have come on at half time.

No long ball nonsense worked, what worked was removing the fish out of water seri, and letting TC run the show.... and our goal, a slava special, rico quick to odoi , quick to TC to sess on the right playing an inch perfect through ball for mitro, proper football, slava football, not ranieri rubbish.

And MLM a player i have slated here, brilliant today, showed passion, intelligence and quality.

A shame chambers cannot start v arsenal, i am exoecting ranieri to make wholesale changes as a result because he is a poor manager, the wrong man. If we had to make a change somebody a little more inspiring.

Still a win is a win albeit a 91st minute quality goal, just one, against one of the poorest opponents i have seen in ages

I'm glad you have absolutely no input in any way. Ridiculously biased statement, and will never accept Ranieri because he isn't Jokanovic.

9 points from 8 games. Nearly double the points in 4 less games.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: nose on December 29, 2018, 11:42:03 PM
We were playing a dreadful huddersfield team and set up to sit back and play on the break without any pace in the team and nobody breaking a neck to get foward
He played seri again despite a run of dreadfully ineffective performances.
He played TC wide, again, our best CM player thus stopping him be effecticpve
He did not play sess who in the last game scored and this one made a wonderful pass for mitro's goal.
And when ranieri finally puts tom in the right place, he shows what he can do picking out sess on that attack.

5 points from the last four games... huddersfield were bottom and poor and we struggled. Inside the ground their is a general feeling this is still a very bad state of affairs. 

I am glad there are those that have, as usual, blind faith.

It's 5 points from 3 games, but you just alter the stats in your favours to make Ranieri look worse.

We have conceded 1 in 3 games. Jokanovic could only dream of that record.

Nonsense, utter nonsense.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on December 29, 2018, 10:32:11 PM
If he plays Cairney as a winger again I'll be the first person to want him out. But for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's not the first manager to make that mistake.

Want him out? Are you honestly serious?

Lighthouse

Many fans seem to be genuinely upset that we have kept a couple of clean sheets and won a couple of games under CR.  Nothing to do with CR but poor opponents and anyway Joka would have done better. Anyway we will still probably go down so I guess many will be happy. But an odd way to support a club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

simplyfulham

Hang on, we needed a stoppage time winner to win this game.

A game that we pretty much dominated in the second half. The first half was like watching a boxer with one hand tied behind his back and Claudio has to take responsibility for that. If we had played like that from the start we could have given ourselves a much better chance at winning this game.

They were abysmal but we played so deep and narrow we couldn't even get a shot on target for the first half.

--

This isn't another dig at Kamara, but today was not the right game for him.

He's strong, very quick and loves to run in behind and cause chaos. He's also clumsy, makes poor decisions and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

We need to play him against the teams that want to press high and push up against us (Wolves, Chelsea etc). He gives them something to think about and makes them think twice at pushing so far up the field.

He doesn't do as well against the teams who sit back where we end up playing the ball into feet more. Some of his passing and crossing was abhorrent.

Lighthouse

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 29, 2018, 11:50:02 PM
Hang on, we needed a stoppage time winner to win this game.

A game that we pretty much dominated in the second half. The first half was like watching a boxer with one hand tied behind his back and Claudio has to take responsibility for that. If we had played like that from the start we could have given ourselves a much better chance at winning this game.

They were abysmal but we played so deep and narrow we couldn't even get a shot on target for the first half.

--

This isn't another dig at Kamara, but today was not the right game for him.

He's strong, very quick and loves to run in behind and cause chaos. He's also clumsy, makes poor decisions and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

We need to play him against the teams that want to press high and push up against us (Wolves, Chelsea etc). He gives them something to think about and makes them think twice at pushing so far up the field.

He doesn't do as well against the teams who sit back where we end up playing the ball into feet more. Some of his passing and crossing was abhorrent.

But didn't we play better in the second half when he was on? Once we bring in a speedy, direct forward that is better than him then fine. But at the moment, despite all his shortcomings he does panic defences more than any other player besides Mitro.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope