watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our remaining games

Started by Southcoastffc, January 02, 2019, 12:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Our away games look 'easier' (I use that word loosely) than our home games. I find it hard to see how we'll pick up more than 15 points - and that's being optimistic -  which would give us 29 points.  We need some luck. 🙏  049:gif

Home
Spurs
Brighton
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Everton
Cardiff
Newcastle

Away
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Southampton
Leicester
Watford
Bournemouth
Wolves
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Slaphead in Qatar

That actually looks scary and fills me with little hope.

We will have to win a few away games or beat a few of the big six at home.

What a mess we have got ourselves in.

Baszab

Need 6 wins from that lot minimum

MJG

Quote from: Baszab on January 02, 2019, 12:35:18 PM
agree, six wins and couple of draws required at least.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

A careful study and analysis of this fixture list will reveal the big problem that all of the oponents are all above us in the table.
This is unlikely to change quickly as our next match is away to Burnley, our last win there was ages ago, we just don't do wins at Turfmoore.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Baszab on January 02, 2019, 12:35:18 PM
Trying to cheer myself up, and leaving aside the vagaries of the transfer window, I guess it's reasonable to say we should at least draw and could beat Brighton, Everton, Cardiff and Newcastle at home.  Say 8 points?   A couple of away wins = 6 points.  I think the key is whether we can establish any momentum, a couple of wins on the bounce would do wonders.  In any case, it seems to me that a team with low 30's in points will stay up.  But what the heck do I know about football, I support Fulham.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Pieter A’dam

5 wins and 5 draws, gets us to 34 points and may well be enough. However that means 10 results from 17 games .... hard task with our defensive qualities. In any way, we can not loose against Burnley, Cardiff, Southampton and Newcastle; 6 pointers ...

jarv

Home fixtures is a horror show and the away (easier) fixtures include all the easier games which Fulham could not beat at home. By the time we get to Cardiff and Newcastle, I fear relegation will be confirmed, sadly.

The Rock

Nice our 8 away matches are against all non top table sides. Like Arsenal yesterday, away to the Top 8 are guaranteed losses. At least we have a chance in some of these games.

We sign 4 PL defenders, we should get mid table results over rest of season.

It is impossible to know what we will look like in a few weeks, but if we don't sign PL defenders, we should start planning for our bounce back campaign to the PL next year.

MJG

Given how nervous and lets be honest how poor we can be at times in actually getting fully behind the team, maybe away games at the lesser teams will be our saving grace and home games where crowds will be bigger and maybe a bit more of an atmospshere might let us get a point or two from the big teams.

Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

I'm still in cheery state of mind after Xmas so I wish I hadn't looked.

Wingnut

Didn't realise our home fixtures were that bad. However, if we can get to Watford at the beginning of April with a fighting chance of staying up, I think we can do it. Watford (A), Everton (H), Bournemouth (A), Cardiff (H), Wolves (A) & Newcastle (H) is a very nice run of games at that point in the season. That's a mix of teams that'll be safe in mid-table and have nothing to play for, coupled with teams around us in the bottom third of the table.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Neil D

The one stat which brought home to me the extent of our predicament was that in the 2013-14 relegation season we had 16 points at the half-way stage compared to the 11 this time.  We were still relegated, despite picking up another 16. 

Once relegation is confirmed, we will start to play some enterprising, classy football, and our defence will be meaner than Scrooge after doing a PhD in Parsimony from Oxford University.  That is the Fulham way.

Slaphead in Qatar

One ray of hope - I assume all the other teams around us will still have to play the big six - many of their games will be away

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 02, 2019, 12:16:09 PM
Our away games look 'easier' (I use that word loosely) than our home games. I find it hard to see how we'll pick up more than 15 points - and that's being optimistic -  which would give us 29 points.  We need some luck. 🙏  049:gif

Home
Spurs
Brighton
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Everton
Cardiff
Newcastle

Away
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Southampton
Leicester
Watford
Bournemouth
Wolves

Our current playing tack may actually work better away from home, but eyeballing the schedule...

Have to beat Cardiff, Newcastle and Brighton at home (9 points)
Go 2-1-1 at Burnley, Palace, WHU and So'ton away. (7 points)
Get something from Watford and/or Wolves away. (2-3 points)
Nick a couple of draws at home vs top-6 sides. (2-3 points)

That gets us 20-22 points, so we'd end on 34-36 and have a decent chance of staying up.

Not a lot of room for error, but the above is certainly doable.

Baszab

Start planning for next season in the Championship by signing players prepared to fight for promotion

davew

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 02, 2019, 04:43:52 PM

Home
Spurs
Brighton
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Everton
Cardiff
Newcastle

Away
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Southampton
Leicester
Watford
Bournemouth
Wolves

Our current playing tack may actually work better away from home, but eyeballing the schedule...

Have to beat Cardiff, Newcastle and Brighton at home (9 points)
Go 2-1-1 at Burnley, Palace, WHU and So'ton away. (7 points)
Get something from Watford and/or Wolves away. (2-3 points)
Nick a couple of draws at home vs top-6 sides. (2-3 points)

That gets us 20-22 points, so we'd end on 34-36 and have a decent chance of staying up.

Not a lot of room for error, but the above is certainly doable.
Sounds simple when you put it like that, but in reality not going to happen! 0 pts v the top 6 sides is almost a dead certainty, maximum of 1 point in total in the matches v Watford and Wolves, maximum of 4 points in the 4 away games you mention no way will it be 7, finally and maybe our best chances of some points will be the 3 home games vs the lessor lights but sorry I think we will get a maximum 7 points there, so in total I reckon 12 points from the last 18 games making a total of 26 for the season = relegation! A few games you haven't mentioned which I assume you think we won't get anything i.e Bournemouth and  Leicester which I would agree with you. Not over yet but will be by the beginning of April!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Come on face facts, only three wins at the half way stage, needs an escape greater than any Great Escape we have ever seen and we have neither the quality of players or manager that achieved the others.

bornafulhamfan

Home
Spurs
Brighton
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Everton
Cardiff
Newcastle

Away
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Southampton
Leicester
Watford
Bournemouth
Wolves
I'm feeling optimistic - 21 points - total 35 points(still that may as well not be enough) .
Home wins:9 points(Brighton, Cardiff, Newcastle)
Home draws:2 points(I don't know in which games, but I think we'll surprise someone)
Away wins:6 points(Burnley, Southampton)
away draws:4 points(Palace, West Ham, Bounemouth, Wolves)

davew

Bornafulham fan, by your reckoning then we will only lose 7 of our remaining 17 games, really, come on get real (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)